Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239401 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2013, 05:07:35 am »

What part of "thread locked" don't you guys understand? We all need to stop to cease all discussion of our own lives, henceforth. From now on, until further notice, the topic is what someone else "d'int" do. Even if "d'int" was misspelled in the thread topic...
Today I d'int tell my girlfriend that even when the oxytocin wears off I still think she is an incredibly beautiful person. And I d'int smoke for the 200th day in a row. So there.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:06 am »

today I di'nt drink any beer, but yesterday I drank one. Nothing bad happened. Before that, I di'nt drink any liquor for 22 days.

yesterday I also popped a tire on my bike for the first time ever. At 1 am in an unfamiliar neighborhood. But it was fine, I walked towards home while my roommate rode home and got the car to get me.

In 3 or 4 days I am at the level of Spanish I was at in middle school. For some reason in every language conjunctions and prepositions really screw me up. Hopefully Spanish doesn't have as many as Latin.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:58:44 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 12:51:11 pm »

Doomie, Doomie, you've stayed away so long you've forgotten that threads wandering off topic is practically the fundamental point of this place.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, threads getting locked is the point. LOCK IT UP, BABY!!!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, threads getting locked is the point. LOCK IT UP, BABY!!!

You're not the boss of me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 06:33:41 pm »

Oh no, today Doomglobe d'int get his way!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 01:32:44 am »

Today I cleaned a lot of parts of my bike, put in a new tube for the back wheel, and learned a lot about how that thing is put together. This involved driving around town buying parts, walking around and running into some friends, sweating, getting dirty and bug-bitten, buying some other unrelated stuff at the drug store, and taking a super satisfying cold shower with new soap and de-greasing liquid (for bike grease, not my natural grease). Now I'm eating spaghetti with mushrooms and my favorite beer. This was a good day off.

I'm a little worried that I left out some important screw and my bike is going to explode when I am riding it. But it is probably fine.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2013, 01:56:09 pm »

Today I'm not gonna stay home. Leaving for New York in a couple hours. Mets game Sunday. Frickin' stoked brah.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2013, 03:33:53 pm »

Today I'm not gonna stay home. Leaving for New York in a couple hours. Mets game Sunday. Frickin' stoked brah.
Great. Its always fun when the hoard of hoagie eating cheese whiz covered phillafunk comes to town. The mets could use three lay up wins.

In the news today:
Quote

Putrid Piles Of hoss Droppings Bake Under A Scorching Sun In Old City


PHILADELPHIA (CBS) - If you can fry an egg on a sidewalk, just think what the oppressive heat is doing to other items, such as hoss manure.

On the streets of Old City, the air has been thick with the odor of hosss and the waste they leave behind.

“It just smells,” one man said. “Smells like a dead person. Unbearable…because they don’t bring no water down here to rinse it out, so it just sits there until it dries up and breaks into the sun.”

A tourist attendant near 5th and Market has seen and smelled worse.

“I had somebody come up here on Market Street, and underneath the hosss’ butt is a bag…And the lady that was on the bag right there and just tilt the bag over and put all the dookee in the street,” he recalls. “And just kept it moving. She did that with a customer on her carriage, and I had to clean it up.”

It’s the carriage drivers job to clean up the mess, but streets department trucks also come through Old City twice a day.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:56:33 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

Onstad must be writing the dialogue for Philadelphians these days.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »

Today my mom replied to my tweet. I guess fun internet time is over.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2013, 06:18:50 pm »

Boo to that. My dad sticks to email only, which is great.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2013, 06:47:11 pm »

Oh man, you have no idea how torn I am. My first reaction was HELL NO WAY and then my second reaction was that your mom might be like exactly my age and no one better try to tell me not to tweet to any one of these kids today that I damn well want to tweet to.

Still, if I had an adult child would I follow him on Twitter? I don't think so. Instead I would sneakily check his Twitter feed once in a while to keep up, I think.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2013, 09:06:06 pm »

My mother sees everything I do on the internet. Except this place of course. This is my last bastion of privacy on the internet.

Welcome your mother in Inev. It will bring you closer, really it will. I've seen your Facebook, you've nothing to be ashamed of.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2013, 09:44:45 pm »

That's because I knew my mom sees my Facebook.

I don't think there is anything shameful on my twitter. I always assume anyone could read it, including local people I want to work with, future bosses, etc. But now every time I want to post a weird joke or angry comment I'm going to imagine my mom reading it. I guess I'll get over that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 94   Go Up