Having run out of excuses, it seems I'll be visiting her tomorrow. Last 2 times I was invited over, I lied saying that I was overwhelmed with work and couldn't show up. Then there were 2 other occasions in which she invited me over and never followed through, completely forgot about it, then way afterwards sort of hinted that the drugs she munches daily did a number on her memory. All the while I was tucked in my corner just thinking "leave the fuck of me alone". I mean, Jesus, if you don't like the merchandise, for the love of fuck quit poking, right, this shit hurts (you'll be relieved to know it's been hurting a lot less lately, to the point where I think complete remission is close at hand. Shit will be good.)
She likes me alright as her dad's friend, I guess, and I suppose she realized that there's advantages to having me around (like getting her name on a book and the attendant money). To which, you know, whatever. I'm focusing on moving on with my life (and I'm really fuck*ng good at it) and just don't feel any need to see her again. I have no use for small talk in my life -- especially with her -- and, regarding the important things, as much as I'd like to help her in general (and I really do, any story out of which I can crawl not only not having broken anything but actually helping is good in my book), I just know that whatever I say will reach her with an [OLD CROTCHETY FART ALERT] and she will just be antagonistic to it, or bored by it, because of course when you're 19 you know everything. I was the same way. The age gap is too wide to ignore and I just have no patience for whatever it is the PC/LGBT/atheistic bullshit that seems to be her main thing these days. And anyway, her definition of "something to do" is smoking pot and staying indoors watching smug british atheist comedians, which I find tedious. If I'm gonna toke I'd rather have a walk afterwards, there's the fuck*ng Copacabana beach right there in the corner, you know.
So... I just didn't want to spend a few awkward hours annoying and being annoyed, boring and being bored by someone around whom I once, to my perpetual chagrin, built ridiculously overelaborated plans of communal living and sharing (much rather save *that* for marriage, am I right), but will do my best to try to make the best of it. Hopefully all the parties involved will see this for the mistake that it is and we can be spared another go.
Fuck.