Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240371 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »



Especially if that person is nice pete. Then there is most definitely a reason.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »

Here in NoVA, cops put up a sign reading "Do Not Hit the Car in Front of You" at a problem intersection.
Accidents there are way down.
http://www.arlnow.com/2013/09/11/reduction-in-crashes-near-acpd-sign/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »


What does it say about me that when I saw this photo I was under the impression that those were stacked, crushed cars?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2013, 02:40:39 pm »

Here in NoVA, cops put up a sign reading "Do Not Hit the Car in Front of You" at a problem intersection.
Accidents there are way down.
http://www.arlnow.com/2013/09/11/reduction-in-crashes-near-acpd-sign/

Next: "Do Not Have An Accident" signs, all over the place
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2013, 05:23:06 pm »

Here in NoVA, cops put up a sign reading "Do Not Hit the Car in Front of You" at a problem intersection.
Accidents there are way down.
http://www.arlnow.com/2013/09/11/reduction-in-crashes-near-acpd-sign/

I haven't seen the sign but I know that intersection is god awful
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2013, 07:46:15 am »

I keep seeing that thread and thinking "Do You Even Lunch?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »

Do you even Luge?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »

dont you eat lint?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2013, 03:32:35 am »

Dueling yarmulkes eating latkes
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »

In the last year I decided that if I want to live in a world where my dick gets sucked, I should stop using "dick sucker" and "this sucks dick." Since deciding this I am a little amazed by how much people say these things. I do not want anyone to feel bad about loving to give head. Even on a purely selgiraffe level that is a bad idea, never mind any "PC" or feminist concerns.

If someone gets off on feeling naughty that is cool with me though, say all the nasty shit you want in that occasion.

This is hard because "dicksucker" is clearly one of the best sounding insults.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

for different reasons but in much the same way, i've quit both using and griping about the misuse of both "hopefully" and "beg the question." it still bugs me to hear them misused, especially as i only ever hear them misused, and never EVER hear them used properly.

couple nights ago at my poker game one of the other guys asked the table "does anybody else get uncomfortable using the word bitch? like, it just feels gross to use it." i agree, but because the opening was right there, i replied "shut up, ya cunt." i believe that's the first time i've ever spoken that word in public, and while everybody lauged at my joke of extraordinary speed and craftsmanship, i felt pretty disgusted with myself. i think it's the misogyny inherent to those specific words. i've started calling people assholes and dicks when they act like assholes and dicks, regardless of gender.

but it'll be a cold dark day in hell when i stop using the F word. it's an integral part of my vocabulary.

[i fixed an errant forward-slash, weallrite choop?]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:10:09 pm by Asherdan »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

Yeah, I try (like really hard and feel ashamed if I fail and almost never fail) to not use any words that are inherently hateful, definitely including bitch, but fuck fuck fuck not saying fuck.

Oh also, breaking bad is really good, y'all know this right?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2013, 09:02:38 pm »

I have no problem using the word cunt, and my BFF and I regularly greet each other with, "Hey, bitch!" Maybe that's because it's "our word?"

I don't use racial or ethnic slurs, ever. But I do use the fuck out of the word fuck, and comedic misogyny bothers me not one whit. Perhaps it's because I hang out mostly with men, and I have no problem slinging mock hate right back at them.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

The older I get the less tolerance I have for most of this stuff. Life is hard enough. Meanwhile, my mom told me the other day that watching Breaking Bad has made her completely desensitized to TV violence and bad behavior. Except for the drugs, the drugs still make her upset.

I love the c-word, but normally I only think it to myself, or say it in, um, intense intimate situations. One day this will turn out badly, probably.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2013, 12:41:46 am »

The older I get the less tolerance I have for most of this stuff. Life is hard enough.

Word.  Why add hate into this shitty world?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 94   Go Up