Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239814 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

I went to a birthday party for a dead pug.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2013, 04:52:43 pm »

I got home from work at 5 and my last friend who is still in college came over. We hung out and talked until 7 or 8, then more friends came over to play a board game. We stayed up pretty late playing. It was really nice. I often get pretty distracted during games, if you can imagine, so people get REALLY MAD when I win or almost-win. That is always satisfying in a strange way.

Also, a girl who previously kind of blew me off dating-wise got in touch inviting me to a dinner party. On the one hand, New Inev wants to say "you had your chance." On the other hand, I am an adult and she is an adult and people date people. Who cares. New friends are good, dinner is good, and it's my night off.

Yesterday I finished talking to my reference letter people for grad school apps. GREs in 2 weeks. So: 30 minutes to an hour of GRE problems a day on my workdays, practice tests on days off. 2.5 months until the first applications are due, need to write cover letters and fill out forms and do financial aid stuff. This is doable. I can do this. And then when I realize I planned poorly and every option involves 40k+ in student debt, I can go to Chile instead. Or, maybe, I will get into a school that offers me aid/graduate assistant positions and have an exciting academic adventure for a few years in New Jersey or Boston or California or Chicago. If that happens maybe I could go to Chile in the spring/summer before school.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2013, 05:12:02 pm »

And then when I realize I planned poorly and every option involves 40k+ in student debt, I can go to Chile instead. Or, maybe, I will get into a school that offers me aid/graduate assistant positions and have an exciting academic adventure for a few years in New Jersey or Boston or California or Chicago. If that happens maybe I could go to Chile in the spring/summer before school.

This all sounds reasonable and well thought out... except the connection between "exciting" and "New Jersey."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

well, talking to my friend, he said a lot of people who are in the program at Rutgers seem to do internships and jobs in NYC during the summers. That would be cool. But also Camden and Philadelphia seem like cities with stuff going on, urban planning wise. He also said "don't go to Rutgers" but did not express details. Will get in touch with him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »

Yesterday I went to my parents' house to pick up some of my stuff. On Friday they found out dad's company needs him to move to NC for some big construction projects. He might have to go down there in a month or two and mom and grandma will likely follow in the spring. This is going to make holidays and such much less convenient for me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »

Yes, but if you're in central NC for holidays you can stop in and visit me!

Saturday night I had a friend over and we got drunk and talked about boys. Which sounds like a fun girl's night in except that my friend is a gay dude.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

Hey, Wombles has a whole cadre! I can't help it if my town has nice weather and ample employment!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2013, 06:58:39 pm »

What is going on with all these folk winding up in NC?

Is JL starting to put forth some kind of TOUAMBIE based gravitational pull?

It's because .... (wait for it....)














DUKE SUCKS!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2013, 10:34:48 pm »

Well played, sir.

**golf claps**
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #339 on: October 08, 2013, 02:01:06 am »

Today one of my best friends told me that she is getting married. The guy is nice. I am feeling kind of weird about it. Aren't grownups supposed to get married? She's just a kid!

The last experience I had with the two of them was that he drunkenly punched out the glass on a fire extinguisher box and was bleeding everywhere, and she said "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE KIDS-- THEY'D BE fuck*ng IDIOTS."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:27:39 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2013, 03:02:12 am »

What is going on with all these folk winding up in NC?

Is JL starting to put forth some kind of TOUAMBIE based gravitational pull?

Here in NJ we see NC as the promised land. Everyone talks about bailing to NC. I prefer DC/NoVA, but that's because I'm young.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #341 on: October 08, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

Today one of my best friends told me that she is getting married. The guy is nice. I am feeling kind of weird about it. Aren't grownups supposed to get married? She's just a kid!

That's what I thought about the first time or two friends of mine got married. I thought we were all way too young for that scene.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2013, 08:20:53 pm »

You know you've reached a certain age when your friends start having babies on purpose.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2013, 12:08:46 am »

That happened to me a few weeks ago, though that friend is five years older than me.  So, yeah, I don't have to have a breakdown, but fuck, what are we doing here.

Most of my good friends are around 5 years older or younger than me.  I have like three really close friends that are my age, and everyone else is either 22 or 32.  It is weird.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2013, 10:59:52 am »

Protip - referring to your kid sister as "mommy" is fuck*ng weird.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 94   Go Up