Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239835 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #510 on: December 08, 2013, 07:03:35 pm »

I have no doubt, but you can't blame them for trying, since when someone dies of alcohol poisoning at your party, their parents are going to hold the university responsible. And as for Inev's comment, that's going to be just as true if it's off campus. It seems unreasonable when everything is fine, but when something goes wrong and people are looking for someone to blame, that's what's going to happen.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #511 on: December 08, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »

I have no doubt, but you can't blame them for trying, since when someone dies of alcohol poisoning at your party, their parents are going to hold the university responsible. And as for Inev's comment, that's going to be just as true if it's off campus. It seems unreasonable when everything is fine, but when something goes wrong and people are looking for someone to blame, that's what's going to happen.

A man died in the bathroom at one of our parties. Police or no police, nothing was going to stop him. All of our parties have a sober risk manager officer with a group of people to support him. VA has host responsibility laws and we keep watch. I'm not sure how campus police will prevent such an incident.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #512 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »

Well, maybe by preventing some of those parties from happening. But I'm not saying it makes sense because it's actually going to help. I'm saying it makes sense from a PR point of view. They have to be seen to be trying to prevent such things.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #513 on: December 09, 2013, 08:13:58 pm »

Most awkward christmas card ever: My total badass purple heart marine uncle just got married - to another dude. I'm happy for him, but damn.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #514 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:38 pm »

That's awesome.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #515 on: December 10, 2013, 09:32:25 pm »

You're awesome.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2013, 02:00:19 am »

My friend has a shitty job and is broke and can't go home for thanksgiving or christmas. His parent had Omaha Steaks deliver a freezer box with a bunch of steaks, chicken breasts, and bratwursts.

I think that is the best present I have ever heard of.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2013, 04:06:22 am »

Man that is sad but beautiful. As somebody enjoying an extended holiday around family, your post just made me wanna work my ass off in order to never be in that position. Family keeps me sane.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »

I also think he could go home, if that was his priority instead of smoking so many cigarettes and so much weed. But trying to imagine your friends' finances is always a mistake.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2013, 08:00:06 pm »

I use this stuff for the dry hands from thinset and grout.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

I second the fact that bag balm is basically miracle salve.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #521 on: December 13, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »

I am rereading this comic I like, "Achewood." It is amazing how many of these chuckles did not seem very rough when I was 18, but are extremely rough now. I also did not realize that so much of the Roast Beef character is about him being kind of an asshole.

Don't worry, I'm not doing this to avoid any responsibilities. Why yes, my grad school apps are due in the next week.

My roommates are coming around to my fancy coffee setup. They still make fun of it a little, but they use it instead of our shitty drip coffee machine. We just made a double batch and it was excellent.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2013, 05:48:40 am »

drunk on a new bourbon cocktail tonight, it's pretty great. there's cracked cardamom and pine liqueur involved, i'll post the recipe if you want.

tomorrow (tonight? it's late, so i guess) is our annual holiday formal, which we skipped last year to get back under control. annual parties have a way of growing, apparently no matter the dress code, so we cut down the invites to just the hundred best people we know, and took the last three days off work to finish the decor. the theme is 'enchanted forest' and we handcrafted everything for the environment, using some friends and the dollar store as resources, and it's coming together nicely. i think the most expensive item involved is the wife's new shoes.

it's probably going to be a two-on, one-off kind of annual event, so we can keep it reasonably capped. last time we had probably 250 people in our house over the course of the evening, which is just too much for where we live. i remember walking through the house and only knowing a quarter of the people i saw. just ridiculous.

anyway, happy winter holiday season, y'all
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2013, 01:29:14 am »

ughh. Coworker just called and asked if I can work his 5am shift tomorrow. He went to his girlfriend's graduation at U-Missouri and is worried about driving back in this weather. HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM. BUT I ALSO DON'T WANT TO MAKE MY FRIEND DIE IN AN ICE CAR CRASH JUST BECAUSE I LIKE SLEEPING.

Today was supposed to be my big Finish Grad School Applications That Are Due Tuesday day and I have just been sitting here staring at the screen like a shit sandwich all day. Fuck this. My roommates' band is playing in the basement and I just want to murder the world and their loud riffs.

STOP RIFFING. STOP RIFFING. PAY ATTENTION.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:59:55 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2013, 02:31:36 am »

I put loud dance music on my headphones and turned out all the lights and cleared a little area on the floor. Jumping jacks and sit-ups until I was a sweaty little pile of man. it didn't take long. With the headphones on I couldn't hear the band and then when I was done they had stopped playing. Which is Symbolic of Feeling Better.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94   Go Up