Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239451 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »

Dad had a mini-stroke while teaching today. A student went to the office and got an administrator and they called an ambulance to take him to the ER. He seems to have no permanent damage, but they're keeping him overnight and running every test they can think of. I'll be going to see him as soon as he's settled into a regular room.

The worst part is, even though he's OK, it reminds me that one of these days I'm going to get that phone call I've spent my whole life dreading.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

My dad  had a stroke last year. He's recovered to some extent, but will never again be the man he once was. Poor guy is dealing with it well though. It could be worse. 2 weeks ago my uncle had a stroke and died. Good luck to your dad.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #527 on: December 17, 2013, 07:44:54 pm »

Yeah, you know, my mom called me and said he had a problem at school, and my first thought was, "he finally punched that sonofabitch vice-principal in the face and got fired."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2013, 07:29:38 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #530 on: December 18, 2013, 10:17:11 pm »

*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2013, 10:58:46 pm »

Odds are most of you will die before inev and I. That's right, inev and I will be the last living memories of what went on here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2013, 11:13:39 pm »

Well, I've been doing cocaine lightly for the last month for the first time in years (I used to use heavily tho), and I smoke cigs and weed like it's going out of style, but I am also a vegan who runs daily.  Oh and I am also very poor.  You probably do less drugs but are slightly less healthy from a food/exercise stand point and rich.  We are within 2 years of age tops. 

What I am saying is let's stay here til we die, it will be a good experiment...cigs and vegan and running and poor vs alcohol and money and less drugs.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2013, 11:17:20 pm »

Odds are most of you will die before inev and I. That's right, inev and I will be the last living memories of what went on here.

I think I'm OK with that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #534 on: December 19, 2013, 06:02:35 am »

Amen to the no fuck*ng video ads.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #535 on: December 19, 2013, 07:22:23 am »

Well, I've been doing cocaine lightly for the last month for the first time in years (I used to use heavily tho), and I smoke cigs and weed like it's going out of style, but I am also a vegan who runs daily.  Oh and I am also very poor.  You probably do less drugs but are slightly less healthy from a food/exercise stand point and rich.  We are within 2 years of age tops. 

What I am saying is let's stay here til we die, it will be a good experiment...cigs and vegan and running and poor vs alcohol and money and less drugs.

Rich wins because the most significant factor is access to healthcare. Perhaps America will finally get it together within the next 50 years, but despite Obamacare I am doubtful.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #536 on: December 19, 2013, 07:36:37 am »

Rich wins because the most significant factor is access to healthcare.
Word. Case and point = Dick Cheney got a heart transplant when he wanted one.

------

I'm a young healthy 20 something who is literally being asked to care for the rest of America. The system fails without us participating (despite the rhetoric, I'm paying ahead by any analysis). Can anyone here describe an actual problem getting health insurance? (Not from the news, just us)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:40:27 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #537 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:35 pm »

I'm a young healthy 20 something .

And you always will be!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #538 on: December 19, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »

And you always will be!
I'm under no delusions, man. I'm so far committed to not making more people so there is no one lower on the personal pyramid to take care of 'this'.

My SCUBA instructor (we're also friends by other means) gave me my first Christmas gift today. We met for lunch and he handed me a box. Inside the box was a Fiskars X7 hatchet...
He told me that he knows I like camping and any camper can always use a good hatchet. So here I am at work with a magnificent hatchet and thinking, when all you've got is a hammer, all the world is a nail.  

(I put it in a Fedex box to home)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:39:22 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #539 on: December 20, 2013, 05:35:40 am »

I thought we were talking about eggs.

speaking of, i have finally fulfilled my biological imperative.  i put a baby in my wife.  when our oregoncare goes through we will go hear the heart beat and all that rad shit.  also, pregnancy sex fuckin rocks.

(this is for you dear readers that arent on the facetoobs)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94   Go Up