Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239464 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #630 on: January 29, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

4 inches of snow. 27 degree weather. Willy Wonka is not condescending enough.

Feel free to deprive me of cans - I know I'm a bitter new englander.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #631 on: January 30, 2014, 12:25:19 am »

Man, the lady is a satanist, if you can believe it. Anyway, all's fair and all that, I took the hint and suggested we watch Rosemary's Baby (which she has never seen because, being a satanist, she has *notions* about the film). Anyway, she agreed and will be coming on Friday. *Me*, dating a satanist. I swear I can almost hear faint canned laughter when I enter rooms now.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:50 am »

so she believes in an afterlife, but wants to achieve the worst possible one? Dude... she must be freaky in the sack.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:51 am »

I seem to recall, one of the questions on OKCupid was "Is satanism acceptable?" The answer I chose was "yes, it seems a bit immature though."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2014, 03:57:58 am »

is she a "legit dark lord" satanist, or "there isnt an actual jesus or satan, but i choose to be contrarian/i believe in myself"-type?

(i hope the way i described those beliefs doesnt sound prickish.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #635 on: January 30, 2014, 04:17:07 am »

Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #636 on: January 30, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

Damn dude, that sounds like some kinda ride. Let's just hope it's "Space Mountain" and not "tied, gagged and bleeding in the woods."

That would be hellarious.

so she believes in an afterlife, but wants to achieve the worst possible one? Dude... she must be freaky in the sack.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

is she a "legit dark lord" satanist, or "there isnt an actual jesus or satan, but i choose to be contrarian/i believe in myself"-type?

(i hope the way i described those beliefs doesnt sound prickish.)

Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven?

Her dad was/is big into occultism, gave her a Crowley tarot deck when she was 13, so we can extrapolate a good deal of pagan shenanigans going on at her household. When I say "satanist" I was going for "has a freaky New Age background which certainly includes a thorough course in satanism via her dad". But she's a sweet girl, and she doesn't look the part (dresses modestly, even). I loaned her a copy of "Meditation on the Tarot" (I already talked about it in the "book" thread) and she flipped. I guess she's going for some sort of holistic approach where all religious manifestations are part of the same truth or something like that? I haven't delved into specifics with her yet. She certainly doesn't seem like the sort of prick that uses satanism as an excuse to indulge the ego. Still, she made a face when she saw some of the Christian literature I have in my place. Argh! I so want to argue endlessly about religion with her, naked!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #637 on: January 30, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

My in-laws are currently as their beach house in NC. Yesterday they announced the local hospital was closed because they felt it was more dangerous to get to the ER on the roads than to just stay home and deal with your severed fingers or heart attack with home remedies, I guess.

I remember we had a "commute from hell" here a year or two ago when it started snowing during the work day and people had to drive home in it. I got home faster than usual that day but I think the Mayor stayed at/near work all night rather that drive in it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2014, 03:40:01 pm »

Yeah, I just went over that with the family last night. That was January 2011. I took the Metro out to Vienna around 3:30 PM (the end of the line in the western Virginia suburbs), and the line for my bus was like 100 people deep. One bus arrived, filled up, and drove off. And then I waited there for 90 minutes while no more buses came, shaking wet heavy snow off my umbrella every ten minutes or so. I had a radio on my MP3 player, and the traffic reports from WTOP were basically "All roads are bad everywhere," and we could see I-66 was a parking lot (so if a bus had shown up, I'd probably have been on it for at least 4 hours). Meanwhile, I could see the Metro was still running, and I had to be in the city again for work the next day. So I called the missus to let her know, then called a friend who lives close to a metro station in Arlington, got back on the train, and eventually slept on his couch. (I did look for hotel rooms, but the only think I could find was a $350 room at the Ritz-Carlton.)

No one at work the next day either noticed or cared that I was wearing the same clothes as the day before.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

There is a commute from hell here every 2 to 5 years. Once the road gets blocked, people start running out of gas because they don't know to turn off their cars except to run the heat every hour or so, and then they can't move their car or stay warm in it so they abandon it. Nobody whines about it though. We just blame it on out-of-towners and it contributes to our general impatience with their lack of driving skill.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #640 on: January 30, 2014, 11:19:09 pm »

FUCK YOU THURSDAY E'RBUDDY!

The longer I work at this job, the more I realize that everything that goes wrong is management's fault. Not my managers-- at this point I have some great direct bosses-- but the kind of morons that sit in a corporate office and say we can't order more than one box of lids at a time because having backups is a waste of space.  That see some asshole tweet a vague complaint about not liking our coffee and decide to come downtown and interrogate us about how often we clean the machines. The people who come in and see our sign advertising a special drink (named after a downtown celebrity) and make us take it down because it "might confuse customers." I hope one day when no one is home your fuck*ng west-county McMansion burns down. I hope you are insured and there are no permanent effects other than a vague sense that the world might hate you. 

I am deeply grateful that the worst problems in my life can be emotionally resolved with a grilled cheese and a cold beer.
(and fantasizing about writing a really nasty letter)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:23:41 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2014, 04:08:16 am »

inev 2014: no apologies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2014, 04:15:10 am »

Fuckin' MBA's.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2014, 04:43:48 am »

No one at work the next day either noticed or cared that I was wearing the same clothes as the day before.
This is a delusion that seems to afflict many of the women I know.  I guess if someone wore a gold lamé bikini twice in a row I would notice, but short of that I doubt it.  And I'm observant for a living.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

Fuckin' MBA's.

A-Cap and I will CUT YOU
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94   Go Up