Bad news for Team Chile, good news if JL wants another gaming buddy.
Yaaaaay! Let me know if you need a place to stay in town while you apartment shop or whatever. (Is that creepy? Sorry if that is creepy. I promise I will not molest you.)
If you don't want to live in Chapel Hill proper -- it's lovely, but super expensive -- a lot of my friends live in downtown Durham, I could arrange a tour. It's become a very cool eclectic place to live in the last five years, very walkable/bikeable with lots of locally owned shops, bars, and restaurants, and the commute isn't bad to Chapel Hill, Raleigh, or Research Triangle Park. When you describe the place you currently live, it reminds me most of Downtown Durham.
My house is a good 30 minute drive from downtown Chapel Hill, but it's a hell of a lot closer than Charlotte. I did my graduate minor at UNC so I don't know the campus super well, just a few of the main buildings, but I can show you around a little. And if you move here, you should definitely come for game nights. You would love my friends. Most of them are guys in their mid-twenties, you'll fit right in.