Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239565 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2014, 03:27:51 am »

I'm partial to the perfectly matched jean jacket and jean thing.  I'm a hipster though.  Also, outside of that and really faded jean jacket and black jeans I agree completely.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2014, 05:20:39 am »

Yesterday, when I put on the blue jean jacket I've worn for 17 years, I detected a slight rip. Oh no. Well, I'm hoping tonight is the last time I'll need it this season. I'll have to see what can be done to patch it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:53 am »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #723 on: February 28, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »

I'm disappointed the hoss isn't wearing any.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #724 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:27 pm »

^that tumblr has been my favourite thing of late.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #725 on: February 28, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »

Mine, too.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:52 am »

Leaving tomorrow on an 8 day trip to west Texas with my brother. Camping out in Big Bend national park for most of the trip. Really, really excited. Anyone have any good audiobook suggestions? He wants to listen to LOTR or recent pop fiction. I want history or older lit.

So far the only pick is Confederacy of Dunces (hat tip to you all). He has vetoed Swann's Way and anything related to urban planning. I do not think I could handle LOTR.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2014, 02:10:18 am »

Have you guys read the Millenium Trilogy? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, et al? Those have been out long enough to be on their way to "classic" territory but new enough that they feel modern and relevant. Plus, they are gritty mysteries with a lot of action and violence.

You could also go with some pop history that reads like fiction. Oooh! The Devil in the White City was really, really good. Urban planning is involved, yes; but also: MURDER! INTRIGUE! FORENSICS! A MULTI-CITY RACE TO HUNT DOWN THE BAD GUY!

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #728 on: March 01, 2014, 02:46:31 am »

That's a really good suggestion, as I recall the murders in that book were definitely worthy of fiction.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #729 on: March 02, 2014, 04:48:20 pm »

To-do for to-day: ignore Carnival; translate; douse painful canker sore on the side of mouth, gum area above throbbing tooth root & inflammed throat which feels like glass shards w/ whisky. It's good whisky.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »

I agree completely.

FTFY


Yesterday, when I put on the blue jean jacket I've worn for 17 years, I detected a slight rip. Oh no. Well, I'm hoping tonight is the last time I'll need it this season. I'll have to see what can be done to patch it.

Try a patch that covers the entire thing, and is actually a new jacket. That is my stern recommendation.


Seriously guys, you aren't doing jean jackets any favors by wearing them. It just shows everyone else the ultimate flaw that is torso denim.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #731 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:14 pm »

But what am I going to do with this huge Judas Priest patch then?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #732 on: March 09, 2014, 09:25:53 pm »

Big Bend was awesome, Guadalupe Mountains National Park was pretty boring. I think we went at the wrong time of year. West Texas is awesome. It is hard to capture in a picture. It just feels so big and empty. Spending that much time with my brother was mostly positive. Hanging out with family members always stresses me out, because I feel like there is something they all have in common that I don't have. And when that comes out, they always react like I am an alien being. Somehow I am the only person in my family who was not blessed with deep self-confidence. Even my little sister, who is scatter-brained and goofy like I am, sincerely does not give a single shit about what most people think about her. But the trip was great. Even the first few days when my brother someone was setting up the stove wrong and we had to eat cold meals. Uncooked veggies with undercooked rice is not great, but even in that moment I was happy to be doing something out of the ordinary. My roommates all commented that I seem taller, and everything here feels kind of small and unimportant.

Since I have been on a Murakami kick, I downloaded 1q84 for the drive, and it was a mistake. We both got hooked on the story, but it is definitely written in a really frustrating style. It just goes on and on and we were both losing our minds with impatience. My roommate who has already read it informed me that I will be extremely unsatisfied by the ending. Uh oh. Also, before picking an audiobook with a family member, maybe check out whether a huge part of the book is about sexual assault. Think about whether you want to hear 18 hours that are sometimes about child-rape while driving through Texas.

Also: I used the headlamp that August gave me the whole time. That thing is definitely way better than carrying a flashlight. Thanks, Aug.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:05:41 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #733 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »

I have been saving my Hilton points for a looooooooong time, and this weekend finally I booked a hotel at Disney Freaking World for next January. Don't tell the kids, they don't know yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:22 pm »

It's hard to tell given the scale of the photo - is that a red ink tattoo of a sombrero on your forehead?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94   Go Up