Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239995 times)

0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #780 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

Thank you, Wombles! I love it when people say I'm brilliant. It goes straight to my head.


Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #781 on: March 31, 2014, 03:23:32 pm »

I KNOW WHAT THIS THING IS FOR.

you are installing a glory hole in the garage door.


either that or a portable out house.

I cannot think of any other reason to cut such a hole in a square.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #782 on: March 31, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »

As for the pickled ginger, you guys go ahead and enjoy your food how you want, but once in a while, just for me, remember to try the sushi by itself without the ginger at the same time? Especially if you get to go to a fancier place than usual?

First off, I'm not likely to go to a fancier place because I think that fancy (read: expensive) sushi is a scam. The emperor has no clothes. I pay half or less and it's every bit as good. Secondly, I have a plan. It's pretty clear to me that Japanese pop culture borrows heavily from America. I figure, if enough of us put the ginger directly on the sushi, it's only a matter of time before the Japanese start doing it too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #783 on: March 31, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »

I KNOW WHAT THIS THING IS FOR.

you are installing a glory hole in the garage door.


either that or a portable out house.

I cannot think of any other reason to cut such a hole in a square.

I think a closet flange will be involved.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #784 on: March 31, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »

I KNOW WHAT THIS THING IS FOR.

you are installing a glory hole in the garage door.
That's what came to mind for me as well.  Given its size, maybe its for the hosss.  Or Ash has delusions.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #785 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:37 pm »

A sad thought just came into my mind as I set upon contemplating that roughly hewn hole: a hoss will never live to see its own willard. they're not just constructed for navel- or willard-gazing the way we fancy chimps are. A hoss will never know if it happens to be rockin the habanero of all rad chillis. Further proof that there's no benevolent bearded guy up there.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #786 on: March 31, 2014, 10:55:38 pm »

Also -- I'm curious as to what you'll be doing with them there pickled trotters.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #787 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

First off, I'm not likely to go to a fancier place because I think that fancy (read: expensive) sushi is a scam. The emperor has no clothes. I pay half or less and it's every bit as good.

We'll have to agree to differ on this one. Raw giraffe is one food where I am definitely not comfortable going with the lowest bidder.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #788 on: March 31, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »

We'll have to agree to differ on this one. Raw giraffe is one food where I am definitely not comfortable going with the lowest bidder.

Well I've explained myself on all of this before. Freshness and quality are available at at all levels these days. That's why people have invented shit like $5 coffee and $6 hotdogs, and $50 bottles of vodka, not because it's better, but because they want to feel classy. But the truth is, there's little difference from the bottom of the barrel to the top. And you're just as likely to have the raw giraffe stored at an improper temperature in the fancy place as at the buffet because it's the same wetbacks Lyle's working the kitchen at both places.

For the most part, when you go to the fancy sushi place you are paying extra for the privilege of not having to eat with poor people like me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:56:24 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #789 on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:50 am »

When I cam home after working Saturday, I found my refrigerator had taken a trip down to Old Mexico:





I can't see Delores without thinking of Steve, Don't Eat It!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #790 on: April 01, 2014, 02:08:07 am »

And you're just as likely to have the raw giraffe stored at an improper temperature in the fancy place as at the buffet because it's the same wetbacks Lyle's working the kitchen at both places.

Well, at a lot of fancy places they make the sushi right in front of you if you sit at the counter so you can be sure it's not Lyle.

But you know, if you want to believe you are eating the best sushi possible, why should I try to make you feel bad by talking you out of it? Unless I'm offering to pay for it I should probably just shut up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #791 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:31 am »

They make the sushi right in front of you where I go too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #792 on: April 01, 2014, 02:46:30 am »

So is it Lyle or not?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #793 on: April 01, 2014, 06:21:56 am »

And will he dildo your sake for a few extra bucks?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #794 on: April 01, 2014, 07:24:08 pm »

So is it Lyle or not?

The owners of the restaurant, who work at the front taking the money, are Japanese, or Chinese, or probably Vietnamese, I don't fuck*ng know; as is the lady that makes the Sushi and one other old woman that puts food out on the buffet line (probably the owner's mother is my guess), but literally everyone else is Hispanic. I've been to a few other similar places and the scene is always pretty much the same.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94   Go Up