Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239095 times)

0 Members and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #795 on: April 02, 2014, 06:41:05 pm »

Yeah, that frickin' blows. I've been lucky to have a couple garages tell me I did NOT need work I thought I needed, which is generally a good sign. But so often you can't help but wonder if they're feeding you a line of bullshit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #796 on: April 02, 2014, 07:02:09 pm »

I'm assuming that when you go to pick up the car you're going to tell them how they fucked up and lost you as a customer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #797 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:07 pm »

This open house at Rutgers is so boring that I want to jump in the river.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #798 on: April 03, 2014, 09:46:10 pm »

Nope. I picked it up and they'll never see me again. Life's too short.

If you're sure it was a deliberate lie you should write them a bad review.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #799 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:06 am »

I know you can't eat a photograph, but here's a picture of today's ghetto sushi.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #800 on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:34 am »

That answers another question I was wondering about. If you're eating rolls with a bunch of ingredients it's a different thing from if you're just eating a plain piece of raw giraffe on a little glob of rice. Because for most of the other ingredients, yeah, there is only so much difference between, say, expensive cream cheese and cheap cream cheese.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #801 on: April 04, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

oh you're the guy watching chozen

(it and archer are made here. i met an animator in a bar recently who works for floyd county, the animation studio. i told him "my wife and i love archer" to which he replied that he used to storyboard on archer and moved into motion on chozen. i said "well the animation on chozen is great." he and his buddy chuckle and tell me "that's what we all say too")
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:08:58 pm by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #802 on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:31 pm »

That answers another question I was wondering about. If you're eating rolls with a bunch of ingredients it's a different thing from if you're just eating a plain piece of raw giraffe on a little glob of rice.

I had that too. And just for you dear Wombat I made a special effort to only eat the ginger between bites of sushi.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #803 on: April 04, 2014, 04:43:27 pm »

I had that too. And just for you dear Wombat I made a special effort to only eat the ginger between bites of sushi.

Aw, I am truly touched.

You know that's not raw though, right? So your risk is a lot less.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #804 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:14 pm »

You know that's not raw though, right? So your risk is a lot less.

I understand your concern, but I'm not worried. I realize I call it ghetto sushi, but it's actually a first world restaurant with reliable modern equipment and subject to health department inspections.

By the way, on Saturday I bought a case of salsa 4 years past it's sell date.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #805 on: April 04, 2014, 06:29:44 pm »

By the way, on Saturday I bought a case of salsa 4 years past it's sell date.

omg, this is no way to make me less worried about your standards for risk.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #806 on: April 04, 2014, 08:16:12 pm »

It was delicious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #807 on: April 08, 2014, 11:57:00 pm »

Oh, so apparently I am now a dude who plays d&d 3 nights a week. I think I have the exact wrong playing group, though. You see, they're nerds.

This one twerp in particular wants to see the rule book every few minutes because he thinks he should have gotten a bonus to _____. Shut up dude.

But really, these guys and I are just not on the same wavelength.

I am super pumped for the scenario I came up with to play with my roommates. I am finagling some stuff so they end up in a sort of Aztec-inspired jungle setting. The main NPC is going to be a creepy, smelly jungle elf dude who goes into mysterious battle trances (some kind of barbarian build).

Oh god, what happened. I used to be cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #808 on: April 09, 2014, 01:14:24 am »

Inev, I love you, please move to NC so that I can hook you up with my D&D-playing friends. They will nurture and adore your lovely nerdiness every bit as much as i do.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #809 on: April 09, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

sorry, I am moving to New Jersey.

I am going to go crazy, because there is no way it is going to work out to play this campaign with my roommates. We all have different schedules, and a few guys have girlfriends/responsibilities which mean they aren't just sitting around the house every night. Ughhh. My schedule might be the biggest limiter, because it changes so much from week to week.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 94   Go Up