Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239627 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2014, 05:14:16 pm »

Breathe deeply everybody.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #946 on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:20 pm »

Who wants to take bets on whether Inev will really want to spend money on a long weekend in St Louis once he's in grad school right down the road from one of the greatest cities on earth? Not that I'm biased or anything.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #947 on: July 09, 2014, 05:49:24 pm »

The trick is that spending New Year's Eve alone (or with radio-station acquaintances I haven't seen in years) in NYC is a lot less fun than spending it with friends in STL. I'll definitely spend way too much of my money going into New York. $13 each way is no joke. Trying to decide if it's too undergrad-y to post on the school of planning facebook page asking if anyone wants to go see concerts with me. But I've made a long list of places to check out once I get there. Also glad to report there is a bagel place on the road between home and school that will sell me A REAL BAGEL THAT ISN'T FROM A BAG toasted with cream cheese for $1.50.

oh, you guys might like this story:

The other day my extremely talented friend (whose stuff I have linked to on the I'm Listening To... thread) came over to play music and try to plan something for our second house open-mic night. He is so incredibly, disgustingly good at guitar that I completely froze. I do not think I have an overly critical view of my own guitar skills, I think I just know my limits-- I can noodle, I can come up with some cool chord progressions, but it is not coherent, and I am not very experienced at playing along with people. This guy just picks up the guitar and starts travis-picking and I completely froze. My roommate said I actually turned green. I started trying to play rhythm along and it was so stilted that it sounded out of tune. I was obviously not correctly figuring out what chords he was playing. Anyway, it was bad enough that he seemed really uncomfortable and asked if I wanted to play bass. That went a lot better.

Anyway, we figured out a kind of new-wavey song that I'm going to play drums for. Drums are incredibly fun. We're also doing a 12-bar country song where we sing together and I play rhythm under his lead. But holy hell I didn't know whether to puke or cry for those first few minutes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #948 on: July 09, 2014, 06:41:25 pm »

I sure am excited to see the Statue of Liberty.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

I love those books.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »

I still like the train (a whole lot) but I dropped into a really full one this morning so when dude with a window seat didn't get the hint of me standing there waiting for him to move his backpack so I could sit in the aisle side seat I gently picked it up and put it in his lap. Before he could say something punchable I chirped "Thanks, Mate!" and dropped anchor. It all worked out.

This happens all too frequently on our metro. In my experience when I say "Dude, you mind?" they pick up the bag and open up the seat; I've never have anyone be a total dick about it. But I always wonder--do you really think it's cool for you to hog an extra seat on a crowded train during rush hour? Or are you just that oblivious?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #951 on: July 10, 2014, 05:07:00 pm »

I think it's totally fair to put my bag on the seat to ward people off when there are plenty of other places for them to sit. But at rush hour, yeah, not cool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #952 on: July 10, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:50 am »

Played music loudly in my basement in front of a crowd. People said we sounded like parquet courts? Not sure why. I got nervous and yelled instead of singing. So actually I guess that was it.

Playing drums in front of people is excellent.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #954 on: July 15, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

Today is my last day at my job.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #955 on: July 15, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

If anybody asks you where a certain product is, take them to something completely different.  Then feign disbelief when they tell you that's not it.  Vehemently insist that it is.  Ask them if they're calling you a liar.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #956 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

Almost done packing. Need to figure out where to take bulk trash (ie, falling-apart furniture from Target).

The last day at the job was anticlimactic.

I just tried to register for classes and the only class I was really excited about is full. So instead I'm taking a social science-y class.
I am having a problem where I think of social science/theory classes as "fun," and finance/economics/real estate classes as what I should actually take. The reality is that none of them will be fun.

I went to three different stores looking for the new edition of D&D that just got released... two were sold out and the third hadn't heard there was a new one coming out. Whyyyy. I just wanted to play for a few hours with my buds before I leave.

I am eating too much good food and drinking too much beer. It is pretty good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #957 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:21 am »

I am eating too much good food and drinking too much beer. It is pretty good.

Cleaning out the refrigerator?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #958 on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:45 am »

I hope you sent a helicopter for her.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #959 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47:32 am »

I was figuring a hoss was involved.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 94   Go Up