Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239968 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1095 on: September 28, 2014, 03:54:49 pm »

Yeah, that wasn't really a reply to that post, it was a reply to whatever forgotten thing you said on Twitter. And clearly more about me and my life regrets than that anyway.

If your textbook is teaching city planners that it's a good idea to leave more stuff the hell alone, I am encouraged about the future. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1096 on: September 28, 2014, 06:53:21 pm »

So our band, OTIS, has its first gig on Saturday.  Very short notice, I found out at about 7 tonight.  We've been practicing, off and on, for about 3 years now and it looks like the big night is almost here.  I'm nervous cause I'm pushing the envelope a little bit with this, playing leads and gulp singing.  But what the hell?  We're going to rock our (tiny little) city.  One more thing checked off the bucket list.  If you happen to be within a few hundred miles of Frankfort, KY on Saturday night, stop on in!

Now I must return to frantically memorizing Neil Young lyrics.  Damn his meandering!  Anybody spare some Adderall?

So the gig went really well last night.  First set was a little rough due to nervousness, but we calmed down, smoothed things out and things ended up great.  I got a lot of positive feedback, but it was almost all about my singing instead of my playing, which is weird.  Who knew. 

I also have gained a new appreciation for roadies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1097 on: September 28, 2014, 06:54:20 pm »

And groupies!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1098 on: September 29, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »

Literally every weekend for the past several months at least one person I know on facebook gets married or engaged.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1099 on: October 02, 2014, 12:32:12 am »

Quote
Today I went to the weekly social at a local bar and got drunk and talked to people and forgot all their names. One particular girl I met made me feel weird feelings.

Ran into this girl today and we said Hi. She commented that she hasn't seen me at all since we met, and asked if I am going to be at the department social tomorrow. Good vibes and smiles.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1100 on: October 03, 2014, 04:05:49 am »

Quote
Ran into this girl today and we said Hi. She commented that she hasn't seen me at all since we met, and asked if I am going to be at the department social tomorrow. Good vibes and smiles.

It was weird. Showed up and did the mutual awkward "pointedly not looking at each other or saying hi" thing. Then 20 minutes in she came and sat at the table I was at, but the opposite corner. Then a minute later we finally said hi. Then I moved over a seat to be opposite her. Then we talked intensely for 2 hours straight, ignoring everyone else, and then she left.

[Thumbs up.]
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1101 on: October 04, 2014, 12:40:31 am »

Are you trying to keep it under wraps within the department?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1102 on: October 04, 2014, 01:18:16 am »

Not that I know of? I think we are both just dweebs. Need to arrange to hang out one on one.

Well, I guess part of it is that, thinking it through more, because the last thing I want is classmates making comments to me about what girl I like. No thanks.

Maybe this is Roast Beefian. "Dan, how DARE you talk to a nice girl? Who do you think you ARE!?"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:34:40 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1103 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:13 am »

So maybe that woman has a boyfriend? Saw her walk in with a particular guy today and realized that every time I have ever seen her, they have arrived and left together. Ugh. Psyching myself out about this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1104 on: October 11, 2014, 03:16:50 pm »

Back now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1105 on: October 11, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »

Welcome back.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1106 on: October 12, 2014, 02:23:09 am »

How's life treating you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1107 on: October 14, 2014, 03:56:33 am »

We already scared him away again.

Other guys in my program keep making vague references to the idea that there aren't a lot of cute girls in our program. Which makes me feel like I am going crazy. I think they're almost all cute. And frankly I think of myself as kind of a picky person about appearances, sometimes. But nerdy girls who like cities are totally my thing.

When I want to take a break from schoolwork I am working on Dutch on duolingo. In poking around elsewhere on the internet I have learned two words that I love, and that indicate that the Dutch care about what I care about. Gezellig-- cozy/intimate/fun combination adjective that means, like, "meaningful and emotionally/physically close enjoyment with loved ones." And the adjective "Jarig," which means "having a birthday today."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:14:15 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1108 on: October 14, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »

Hey inev I know what you're talking about. My current work-group is constantly bitching about the lack of tang on our floor. I don't know what they're talking about. The confluence of nerdy girls who intuitively understand my line of work and handle sarcasm at a functional level is a recipe for a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1109 on: October 14, 2014, 08:21:23 pm »

Why is it that people who like to complain about the appearance of girls almost always share the same conception of the feminine ideal?

And why does that feminine ideal always involve pro-wrap and yoga #####?
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 94   Go Up