Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239247 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1275 on: January 28, 2015, 12:50:33 am »

Well, it was a little more inev-cliche, I was not going to mention that I met a really charming PhD student who is into anthropology and speaks spanish and has a boyfriend. But anyway maybe she can be a friend too. She's even from St Louis! Ugh.

Yeah last night was way over the top. We played drunk charades and I was so far gone that I could not understand how to mime basic concepts. Then I sobered up somewhat while we walked pretty far to sled down a HUGE hill.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1276 on: January 28, 2015, 02:38:41 am »

I was not going to mention that I met a really charming PhD student who is into anthropology and speaks spanish and has a boyfriend... She's even from St Louis!

See, I would know that you could not get away with this in fiction.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1277 on: January 28, 2015, 04:27:58 am »

There was even, weirdly, a beer bottle opener in the kitchen with the logo of my favorite St Louis craft beer. They said it was there when they moved in.

Also had the rare moment where a guy was being a jackass and I realized I knew exactly what to say to take him down. But decided against it. Later he was speaking Spanish with the nice girl and I swear he was saying something about black men getting testicular cancer (!?). Maybe the booze was hearing that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:16:34 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1278 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »

Earlier releases of this Inev program didn't use as much booze. I like grad school Inev.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1279 on: January 28, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »

Maybe after college I stopped posting drunk as often because I had more friends in real life. It was definitely not because I stopped being drunk as often. Although our house was more of a couple of beers several nights a week place than a go to a party and drink rum and throw yourself down a hill place.

I am still sore all over my body. Apparently rum is the way to get inev to put his back into it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1280 on: February 02, 2015, 02:03:07 am »

Went to another party yesterday and got totally wrecked. I need to lay off the hard alcohol. Throwing up is really unpleasant.
Then woke up and tried not to act hungover on a coffee date with a nice girl who is a PhD student in economics. Whoa. Tonight me and the roommates went to the great thai place on our street and watched some football.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1281 on: February 02, 2015, 10:52:03 pm »

Oh well, I posted it at two and by seven I had a pocket of money and was watching the tail lights drive away down the road.

Niiiice.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1282 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:54 am »

Seems like a decent return for a little twitchiness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1283 on: February 03, 2015, 02:10:03 am »

I just got a check for the equivalent of a month's pay from my old job. I knew they owed me some money, but definitely not this much. I'm not questioning it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1284 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »

If you didn't figure it out from my posts on the Facebooks, traveling to and from Florida went A-OK. In fact the day we left, in the "mega-blizzard," it was actually the emptiest I've ever seen our airport, since flights to and from points north were all cancelled. The kids missed one less day of school than anticipated, as that was a snow day, and the next day was a two-hour delay, so minimal academic impact.

The trip was hell of awesome. Good weather, good times, and the kids were actually appreciative. My personal highlight was being able to check in on Untappd that I was having a Duff at Moe's Tavern. I'll have photos up on the Flickr soon, and will probably write a trip summary on my blog that I never post to and no one reads.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1285 on: February 05, 2015, 07:05:54 pm »

Used part of my Surprise Money to buy a nice little thermos so I can stop buying coffee/tea at school. Gonna hide some tea bags in my mailbox and use the electric water-boiler in the faculty kitchen. Nice!

...also bought a guitar pedal. Because I have poor impulse control. (It was a good price on ebay!)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1286 on: February 06, 2015, 12:59:30 am »

Carlos, you didn't get infected with the Measles?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1287 on: February 06, 2015, 01:56:03 am »

Used part of my Surprise Money to buy a nice little thermos so I can stop buying coffee/tea at school. Gonna hide some tea bags in my mailbox and use the electric water-boiler in the faculty kitchen. Nice!

...also bought a guitar pedal. Because I have poor impulse control. (It was a good price on ebay!)

How many cups of coffee not bought add up to a guitar pedal?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1288 on: February 06, 2015, 05:55:00 am »

This math concept is good so I am not going to actually do the math. I would have probably have gotten more utility from buying one more collared shirt so I don't wear the same 5 shirts every week. I could've gotten a couple good shirts with this amount of cash. Or like, many many cups of coffee.

This thermos is awesome, though. During my boring class I distracted myself by drinking tons of tea. Nice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1289 on: February 06, 2015, 02:33:25 pm »

Carlos, you didn't get infected with the Measles?

Fortunately no. That was at Disneyland and we were at Disney World.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94   Go Up