Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240378 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1290 on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:43 pm »

SEC hearing about a bank I used to do business with was pushed to Monday. I mentioned this before. It turns out that loaning yourself an unlimited line of credit and signing it to yourself is a Bad Idea. I guess some houses in Va Beach got built out of it. See you in hell, brosef.
The last time I had to do this went:
Person Asking Questions: ACap is this your signature?
Acap: No. I made this document at the request of *** and handed it off as a matter of protocol.
Person Asking Questions: Acap, we know you didn't sign this. Tell us who did.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:23:20 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1291 on: February 06, 2015, 08:45:26 pm »

SEC hearing about a bank I used to do business with was pushed to Monday. I mentioned this before. It turns out that loaning yourself an unlimited line of credit and signing it to yourself is a Bad Idea.

A leveraged buyout is sort of a convoluted way of doing this, no? Those things should be illegal as hell.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1292 on: February 06, 2015, 11:17:14 pm »

This guitar pedal sounds so good. Although it's always tough to tell how much of the "wow" is not having played my guitar at volume in a long while.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1293 on: February 06, 2015, 11:27:56 pm »


Person Asking Questions: Acap, we know you didn't sign this. Tell us who did.

so.... why wasn't the first question "Acap, who signed this?"
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1294 on: February 07, 2015, 04:08:51 am »

so.... why wasn't the first question "Acap, who signed this?"

Who's on First? They were being polite?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1295 on: February 07, 2015, 03:22:28 pm »

so.... why wasn't the first question "Acap, who signed this?"
There were a bunch of these trick questions to make sure I was being truthful. The rest of it was pedantic explanations of the machinations of how loans worked at the defunct bank. I don't think it would have caught anyone's attention if he stuck to just loaning himself money. He got in the mud when he started loaning to every developer who walked in the door and the only payments on the loan were to him. Beats me why some dudes suck. Sure isn't my scene.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1296 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:40 pm »

Which reminds me, I am infuriated by how much this grad program refuses to teach me about how the housing market actually works. I signed up for a class fuck*ng called HOUSING ECONOMICS AND MARKETS and there is no math or finance in the course. Teach me how to do something besides read, for the love of God! I took a real estate class that definitely taught a lot of the basic concepts, but a more specific course would be so awesome. I'm also in a class that is going to teach me unspecified "quantitative analysis." It's supposed to be tough, so that sounds promising?

I am taking GIS (Geographic Information Systems) right now and it is so satisfying to make maps.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:10:31 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1297 on: February 08, 2015, 10:28:46 pm »

Seriously, any of you guitar-playing guys, the OCD Overdrive I got is killing me. I can't stop playing. It's weird how getting a new sound makes you think of new riffs-- I am cranking out some gritty 60s r'n'b right now. It has an H/L switch (which I assume stands for high/low something) and one side is really crunchy and the other side is more... shiny? I have heard Vox amps called "glassy" which is what I am hearing here.

Also, when it comes to riffs... it's amazing to me, still, how your ear naturally finds the major scale. I was messing around with a minor pentatonic but trying to emphasize weird notes, and then I wrote it down and... yup. B major.

A weird thing: I posted on Twitter last semester asking if anyone had papers to suggest about criticism of historic preservation. My historic preservationist friend said "this?" and sent me a paper that was pretty badly written and seemed to be someone's term paper for law school. Thanks a lot, buddy. Now I'm in the actual Historic Preservation class, and the professor assigned that paper as required reading. I'm taking crazy pills!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:19:27 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1298 on: February 10, 2015, 03:08:33 am »

It is weird to be reminded that there are people who believe that certain people "should" get grammys/oscars/etc, and are surprised when the thing they like does not win. I have never expected any cultural thing I like to get that kind of award.

Also, weird that people who sing/perform music written/created by others (T-Swift, maybe Beyonce? Wikipedia says she is credited as a writer on most of her songs) are in the same category as people who write/perform their own music. These are two different categories, in my mind, of musical creation. Although it isn't "songwriting of the year," it's "album of the year," which I guess is more about a cultural moment than it is about "what is the absolute greatest piece of pop art this year." If that's the definition than Beck should not have won, I didn't even know he put out an album this year, while almost every person I know has strong opinions about T-Swift and Beyonce (mostly weird worship).

We are having a fundraising dinner/dance thing for my dept in two weeks, so today I tried on both suits and all my dress shirts/#####. Good news, none of them fit because I have gained weight since college.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1299 on: February 10, 2015, 05:03:04 am »

Hating on the Grammy's is about as fun as hating on the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just getting old and soft in the head, but I really love a lot of today's top pop stars. Taylor Swift, love it! Miley Cyrus, Awesome! Pharrell Williams, heck yes! Bruno Mars, Fuckin' A! Beyonce, Damn and Hell Yes!

I did know Beck put out a new album, but I kinda overlooked it. Last night was a reminder. Oh yeah, I love this guy! Beck is a weird one. It's almost like he has two careers. In his day job he creates fun alternative dance electronic music. But every 10 years or so he does a dark, mostly acoustic album that blows the critics away. I almost wish he would only do the acoustic stuff because I'm not a huge fan of his other career. It's nice, but I'll take Sea Change or Mutations over Odelay or Mellow Gold anytime. Now that he's won Album of the Year maybe he'll linger here for one more album before heading back to his day job.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1300 on: February 10, 2015, 02:56:17 pm »

Man I do not give a shit about the Grammies.  Or the Oscars, the Tony's, the Emmy's, the Golden Globes, the CMA's, the People's Choice Awards, or the fuck*ng MTV awards. 

Hey look everybody!  We're self-indulgent corporate showbiz fucks and we're patting each other on the back about how brilliant we all are! Why should I give a shit about that?  Why should I give a shit about whether a piece of music wins a trophy?  I like the music or I don't.  Bullshit trophy has no relevance.  Bah.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1301 on: February 11, 2015, 05:45:57 am »

I don't watch the Grammy's because I care who wins. If you'd watched the show you know that the awards are definitely an afterthought. Hell they give the vast majority of them away before the show ever begins. I watch the show for the music. Maybe you don't care about the music, so be it. I love a wide spectrum of artists and styles. Facebook is blowing up today with people comparing Beyonce to Beck as if that were even possible. They each performed at the Grammy's and I loved them both. Then there's Kanye who made an ass of himself again, but he also performed a cool new song with frikkin' Sir. Paul McCartney and Rhianna, and I loved it. Weird Al won best Comedy Album, so there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1302 on: February 11, 2015, 02:33:05 pm »

Thanks for giving me some perspective, Paul.  Thanks for not saying "Just watch it for the music, dumbass!", like I deserved.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1303 on: February 11, 2015, 02:47:12 pm »

Weird Al won best Comedy Album, so there.

And yet there were people going "Gaffigan, Oswalt, Silverman and CK were nominated, and WEIRD AL won this?!?" But I know Patton Oswalt tweeted that he was glad Weird Al won.
Can't imagine Louis CK giving a shit either way.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1304 on: February 11, 2015, 06:51:10 pm »

So I lost the last two days to the flu.

Protip: when Ill, not feeding your caffeine addiction acts as a misery multiplier.

Also, the hosss kept pooping. I managed to stagger out and feed ontime but didn't shovel until this morning. Two days equals four bushels of crap, for your future reference.
I forgot that I prodded Wombat to unlock this thread so I could respond to this post!  Anyway, you know how an acre is the amount of land that a single ox plow can till in a day, and a pint is the volume of water that weighs one pound?  Maybe a bushel is the quantity of hoss-apples a hoss produces in a day.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 94   Go Up