Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13  (Read 14914 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:08 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09202013

I got no comment. Still speechless that there are new comics.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »

fuck*ng beautiful. ALso life can't be that bad for me, I never had to jam for eggs for a living.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »

... or have leper lobes?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 01:35:17 pm »

I can't tell if Molly is also annoyed at the music or at Beef for making a scene. I hope it's the former because Beef is totally correct.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:45:57 pm »

I actually just saw Depeche Mode live in concert last week and can confirm Beef's statement to be true.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »

Is it Correct to go to "jazz brunches" and yell because there is music?

I am torn because I am perpetually annoyed by "brunch culture" but breakfast food that you don't cook yourself is good. Cupcake girl talked all the time about how "shitty" the breakfast places in St. Louis were. Barf.
There is this newer place that RULES. Southwestern Diner on Southwest Avenue. Breakfast burrito Christmas style. (This is funny because Christmas morning breakfast burritos are a Thing for my family, but "Chrismas style" means it has green and red chili on top.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »

Depeche Mode played a concert in Houston last night. I am not a Depeche Mode fan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:34:00 pm »

Depeche Mode is still alive? There is a "brunch culture"?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 07:04:51 pm »

Depeche Mode is still alive? There is a "brunch culture"?

Thank you for making this post so I didn't have to.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:14:04 pm »

I didn't know but could have guess Brunch Culture was a thing.  Youngish rich people these days... making scenes out of every fuck*ng thing.  I am still trying to make scenes the old fashion way- shoegaze and dope.

Also, this was the best fuck*ng achewood in like 5 years?  I laughed like 4 times.  I have looked at it a few times...that Pat panel gets me every time.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

"brunch culture" might be something I made up as a phrase, but in general, Brunch is like the hip meal. Every city has to have cute little brunch places that are kind of hip and edgy and have classic breakfast foods but slightly fancy. I am all for putting a new spin on classics but most of these places are not my style.

What is weird is that STL is a city with really great food, but the fancier brunch places here are not very good. Lots of greasy spoon diners with eggs and waffles, though, which is what I really wanted anyway. Nashville has great breakfast food. Sweet potato pancakes? Deep-fried Monte Cristo sandwich? Yes.

Recently a new coffee place opened nearby which has maybe the best coffee I've ever had, but I HATE IT TO HELL because it is trying so hard to look cool. I guess if you are a college-educated white person working a service job you have to display as much weird cultural capital as possible at your coffee place. I label the vibe "barn laboratory." Down the street is the coffee place my friend works at, where the coffee is medium-good and the surly college-grad guy behind the counter doesn't pretend to be a artistic scientist.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:18:19 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »

"brunch culture" might be something I made up as a phrase, but in general, Brunch is like the hip meal. Every city has to have cute little brunch places that are kind of hip and edgy and have classic breakfast foods but slightly fancy.

This is intensely true if you are in Portland.  There's a whole episode of Portlandia about standing in line for the hot new bruch place in town. My friends who live there simply call it "Firstmeal."  You can eat it at 10am or at 2pm and no one cares.

I've enjoyed the few jazz brunches I've had, but I've had them in New Orleans where you go for the jazz and the eggs end up being annoying.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 11:01:48 pm »

There's a whole episode of Portlandia about standing in line for the hot new bruch place in town.

the best episode
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 11:05:34 pm »

but seriously who the fuck wants an organic kale and free-range mackerel omelet when it's overcooked and basically just folded over the filling anyway

learn how to make an actual omelet, people, the filling gets cooked into the eggs anyway and it's supposed to be runny in the middle jesus

on the other hand, brunch culture here in atlanta introduced the ultimate bucket-list dish: fried chicken biscuit and gravy. seriously, a splayed biscuit topped with a boneless fried chicken breast and smothered in sawmill gravy. and now that i had it, and loved every bite, i never have to put myself through the rest of that sunday again
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:18:33 am by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 02:40:47 am »

And those fancy brunch places are expensive as all fuck. The hell I want to pay $18 for pancakes and bacon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up