Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we have a "Random" thread?  (Read 90347 times)

0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:26 pm »

This season of Archer has firmly lodged "gaping dickhole" in my vocabulary and I am better for it.

Oh boy! Hope it makes Netflix soon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2015, 08:35:26 pm »

This album is mind-blowing. All the pictures included on the Voyager probe that we launched into space in the 70s. Teared up a little thinking about all that exists here and how beautiful our home is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:10 am »

This album is mind-blowing. All the pictures included on the Voyager probe that we launched into space in the 70s. Teared up a little thinking about all that exists here and how beautiful our home is.
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoMDq4AyLc   Top Gear's U-2 flight. I wept inside knowing I will likely not live long enough to wear to see something like that in person.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:01 am »

So you may know that Spanish has two different words for "to be." One, estar, is used for a temporary state like being wet or at school or driving a car. The other one, ser, is used for permanent things. So today I had a sentence that said "ella es lista." I know that word! My grandma always says "Estas listo?" Are you ready! So: She is ready.

But no! This is "ser," not "estar." The state of being always ready? "She is clever." Whoa. I like it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

Stupid yet interesting thing: an acquaintance of mine who is a self-stylized social media guru has a Klout score of 56.
I tweet about baseball and post things on Facebook every once in a while. My Klout score is 52. Seems like there should be a bigger gap, there.

Acknowledged: Klout scores are fuck*ng dumb.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:11 pm »

Yeah, I'm with Drew on Minecraft. Why my kids like to watch videos of other people playing the game is beyond me.

Too bad Kinja isn't included in Klout. I've got a 200-star post in the Curt Schilling vs. Twitter discussion on Deadspin right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #216 on: March 11, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »

I don't have anything to say, I'm just posting BECAUSE I CAN.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #217 on: March 11, 2015, 04:06:27 pm »

I've been using this dying mechanism as an asshole litmus test for a while.

I quit wearing watches 6 or 7 years ago, but I agree wholeheartedly with the article. 

I used to collect mechanical watches, but only those I could get for less than about $30.  Mostly Timexes from the 60's and 70's.  I think they're fuck*ng cool because they cost about $20 brand new and for the most part still keep excellent time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2015, 05:04:32 pm »

My dad gave me his cool (possibly really nice?) watch from the 80s, but it doesn't work and I don't wear watches.

I think a lot about getting one of those cheap casio digital ones so I can check the time in class a little more subtly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2015, 04:28:34 pm »

Good for you man. Should we start calling you Wombat II?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2015, 04:07:08 am »

Dude, I already gave you a can.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2015, 02:57:52 pm »

I want to have a band called Five Forks, which is an actual place in Pennsylvania.

The we could go on tour with The Knife and Spoon.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2015, 11:56:50 pm »

One green room here in Denver is just filled with food/band puns on the wall...pad Thai segall, tex mex pistols, gram parsnips...idk there were more good ones, I just took a pic of pad Thai segall and those are the others in the pic (we added dough la tengo).  Right in the middle real big someone wrote the cranberries...this reminded me of that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2015, 04:57:50 pm »

Today there is 4.2% less of me.
For a dude of your magnitude, I'm guessing that ran about 8-10 lbs.  Which seems considerable.  Breast reduction?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2015, 07:21:36 pm »

Castrated?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up