I am eternally bewildered by how people decide who to vote for. And I don't mean people who like Trump or whatever-- talking to friends and classmates about whether they like Bernie or Hillary is so confusing.
I think I have an overall mental deficiency (that sounds dramatic) about making certain kinds of judgment calls. I do not really feel like I have the information I need to say who is a "better leader," who did better in the debates, or who will be better at making deals or whatever. I can't even imagine what information would help me make that call. So I pick based on what legislation they've voted for and what their positions are.
This is not some kind of sarcastic post, I just really cannot follow what people are talking about when they debate this stuff. Even my really smart friends who know more about politics than me.
More mystifying: people who constantly bring up Bernie's (past) gun control votes. Really, that's your one dealbreaker? That he's worse than Hill on one issue? What about the many issues he's better than her on (even according to the people who have made this point to me)? Can you really complain that someone is too idealistic out of one side of your mouth, and get mad when they compromise with the other?
(I think either of them will be a fine prez.)