Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker  (Read 20119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:42 pm »

Runny eggs are a horror thought. I like my eggs cooked within an inch of their life, and with lots of stuff (meat, cheese, veggies, hot sauce) in or on them.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »

Runny eggs are a horror thought. I like my eggs cooked within an inch of their life, and with lots of stuff (meat, cheese, veggies, hot sauce) in or on them.

I'm with the mayor on this one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 09:21:02 pm »

Poached eggs. Eggs Benedict all day. Makes that shit with pork roll, lobster, crab, salmon, sweet potatoes, soup, ramen/noodles, salad. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! POACHED. EGGS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/poached-egg-recipe_n_4165033.html

Disclaimer: I microwave my eggs. 2 eggs x 2 minutes in a cereal bowl + spices. Whisk it and throw that on toast over the meat of your choice with a piece of cheese in the middle. Usually bacon or sausage. Efficiency is the name of the game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:38:13 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2013, 10:15:59 pm »

skip the hollandaise

Nooooo! Hollandaise is the greatest egg condiment known to man! Can you imagine the genius behind it? "Let's take a raw egg and mix it with butter and these little grassy things and put it on top of more eggs." It's fabulous.

Poached eggs. Eggs Benedict all day. Makes that shit with pork roll, lobster, crab, salmon, sweet potatoes, soup, ramen/noodles, salad. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! POACHED. EGGS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/poached-egg-recipe_n_4165033.html

Disclaimer: I microwave my eggs. 2 eggs x 2 minutes in a cereal bowl + spices. Whisk it and throw that on toast over the meat of your choice with a piece of cheese in the middle. Usually bacon or sausage. Efficiency is the name of the game.

I once had a lobster omelet. My mom took me to brunch for my birthday. It was heaven on a plate.

Also, I have started occasionally making quiche in a coffee mug. 1 egg, half a piece of bread (torn into chunks), salt, pepper, dill or thyme, and a tablespoon each of whatever kind of shredded cheese you got. Throw in some ham, sausage, bacon, veggies and whatnot and nuke it for a minute and a half...it puffs up but good, and it'll keep your hands warm on the way to work.

Leaves a hell of a ring in the coffee cup, though.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

a good egg don't need condiments! the yolk is a damn great condiment! you can just sprinkle dill right on your egg if you want some dang dill!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »

Also, I have started occasionally making quiche in a coffee mug. 1 egg, half a piece of bread (torn into chunks), salt, pepper, dill or thyme, and a tablespoon each of whatever kind of shredded cheese you got. Throw in some ham, sausage, bacon, veggies and whatnot and nuke it for a minute and a half...it puffs up but good, and it'll keep your hands warm on the way to work.

Leaves a hell of a ring in the coffee cup, though.
Cool. Guess what ACAP is making for breakfast. The eggs leave a ring on the bowl I use, too, but I wash it right away while the cheese is melting over the sausage/bacon in the toaster oven.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »

what is wrong with you anti-runny-egg people. eggs over easy all day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2013, 11:08:11 pm »

Did you all know that if you are a vegan who only lives with vegans for like 4 or 5 years then eggs will smell like the worst, most rotten thing in the world when a non-vegan moves in?  Like meat, that smells good (or not bad), but eggs are gross as fuck?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2013, 11:11:33 pm »

Dig you know that being a vegan sounds like the worst most rotten thing in the world?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2013, 11:15:04 pm »

Tell that shit to yer colon son
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2013, 11:15:57 pm »

Did you all know that if you are a vegan who only lives with vegans for like 4 or 5 years then eggs will smell like the worst, most rotten thing in the world when a non-vegan moves in?  Like meat, that smells good (or not bad), but eggs are gross as fuck?

I believe that. I eat a lot of eggy things, I love a lot of eggy things including desserts like custard and eggnog, but I also feel like eggs are on the hairy edge of edibility. A very badly cooked egg, or eggs when my stomach is feeling a little less than perfect, and then it's like, oh god, how did people ever think to eat this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:10 pm »

Tell that shit to yer colon son

Have you ever noticed how many vegans are also smokers and/or heavy drug users?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »

I...maybe?  I guess it kinda leans that way or like super fuck*ng yuppie?  I hang with the smoker/drug user parts.

I will say, people are always like wait, you smoke and you're vegan?  Like they are surprised, so I don't know?  My whole vegan thing started with compassion and not health, though the last few years I've been being really healthy too, diet wise at least.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:33 pm »

That wouldn't surprise me, because I don't know anyone who's a vegan for health, they're all animal nuts. But of course those would be the people I would know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12.13.13 Punk rock, motherfucker
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2013, 12:09:13 am »

That wouldn't surprise me, because I don't know anyone who's a vegan for health, they're all animal nuts. But of course those would be the people I would know.

Right. I only mention it because Keith cited a health concern in his defense of veganism. And we all, with a few notable exceptions, know that smoking and taking drugs are the worst thing you can do for your health.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up