Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162203 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:27 pm »

When did it become a thing that "punk" people are into kitschy 50s stuff?

Since, like, forever!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:16 pm »

I am running a script to compare the files in the two folders.

I know how this story ended and seeing your optimism here is pretty cute.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05:06 pm »

Housesitting in a swanky NYC neighborhood for the weekend, and realizing there are certain parts of the city I would definitely not enjoy living. Places I could not afford to live to begin with. Maybe the kind of stuff I like only exists in relatively cheap places.

Eating so much good food. Walking so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »

Went on a date with a hip designer girl who lives in Ridgewood, Queens and did not know the Parquet Courts have a song about her neighborhood. I don't know what to believe any more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2015, 07:50:12 am »

I don't know what to believe any more.

You believe if fuck*ng hip designer girls who love in Ridgewood, Queens?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2015, 12:54:06 am »

Man, my ice maker is bust and it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to fix it.  The tubing is leaking at a junction on the bottom of the refrigerator.  To get to it, the fridge has got to be either on its back or significantly tilted, necessitating and complete fridge/freezer emptying.  I'll just buy ice for a while.  Or drink things lukewarm.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2015, 02:23:52 am »

Ice makers, and more specifically those ice makers that are connected to the front of the fridge and also dispense almost-ice-cold water, are one of the true luxuries in life. My last apartment in St Louis had one and ever since I have felt like a chump.

That fridge was also the origin of a moment of inebriated humor that we repeated for the rest of the time we lived together:

"Man, I love this ice dispenser, but it takes so fuckin' long for the ice to come out!"
"...the fridge is our mother. She nourishes us, and teaches us patience."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:26 am »

Realizing I still have a chance to drop this class I am iffy about and take "Public Sector Finance" instead of a wishy-washy class.

I also realize in this moment that it is a little infantilizing, but I am glad that I can't change my class registration between 11pm and 9am. I am full of beer and pizza at the moment. And you know how pizza makes us make rash decisions.

(rash decisions like signing up like a public finance class, oh the horror)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2015, 08:25:46 pm »

Got into that class. I am happy about it.

Got hopped up on coffee and invited a bunch of classmates to my roommates/my BBQ tomorrow. If I'm going to spend all day making pulled pork and pies and salsa I may as well see some people I like there. Kind of last minute but oh well, come eat my fatty foods.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2015, 02:34:44 am »

...none of them came to eat my foods.

One cool girl came and brought her incredibly cute friend. They did not eat and left early. All of my roommates' friends came. Blah.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

Yeah, the carnitas breakfast burritos I have been eating are nicely salted by my tears.

This is total justification to make myself feel better, but it was kind of nice to feel no remorse about checking out of the party as soon as I got bored. Watched some Trailer Park Boys and drank beer and ate a big slice of the pie I made.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »

Eat you some paprika and you got the base of a hella tasty seasoning there.

Smoked paprika, please.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

I'm coming across SO many recipes using smoked paprika.  Is that the hipster spice du jour?  I certainly can't find it at Safeway.  Maybe whole foods.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2015, 08:22:10 pm »

I'm coming across SO many recipes using smoked paprika.  Is that the hipster spice du jour?  I certainly can't find it at Safeway.  Maybe whole foods.

Heck, it's the hipster spice of six months ago. It's all about ras-el-hanout, now. But you should be able to snag smoked paprika at Whole Foods, definitely Penzey's if you have one of those, probably Williams-Sonoma if you don't mind paying twice as much as you should. It is good stuff. I have actually seen it under the McCormick label but they may not distribute it everywhere.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:03 pm »

Grounds for a home invasion ribs robbery
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 71   Go Up