Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...  (Read 162203 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2016, 09:36:05 pm »



this hottie right here
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2016, 11:53:05 pm »

All that stuff about coping is well and good, but internships are still a scam, and fuck people who can't even give you a name tag and a lunch at a conference when you work for them for free.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2016, 01:49:12 am »

Yeah, definitely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2016, 03:44:26 am »

This dude is obviously some distant relative of Paul.
http://www.cmuse.org/valentin-guerin-pyro-trombone/

I contacted that dude after seeing him on Facebook. He's German, but is going to school in Austin. I thought we might be able to do something together. He was all 'how much does it pay?' Fuck that guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2016, 03:47:41 am »

Oh man, instead of eating something, for me it would be to take a nap.

Do both. Better safe than sorry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2016, 12:52:48 pm »



I met The Baron in the USVI a few years ago and he's been a companion ever since.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »

Hey, our current president is speaking at my graduation.

Unfortunately, I was planning not to go to that many-hours-long shitfest with all the undergrads and stuff. Just our department thing. Hmmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »

Aw, now you gotta go. Surely graduation ceremonies are more tolerable nowadays when you can bring along a fully charged phone with the internet on it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »

Sure, but I do not know if I want to deal with finding parking (it's at a stadium that is not accessible by public transit or walking, at least not easily) or dragging my family along. Hmmm. We will see.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »

I passed on the hot sauce but brought back some of this from St. Lucia:

I have a bottle of banana ketchup (not the same brand) that I got as a gift. It's unopened because I have no damn idea what to do with it or what I should put it on.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2016, 08:47:45 pm »

About to get a beer with Jough. If I don't return, at least stop putting money in the tip jar.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2016, 11:28:53 pm »

He has young to feed, after all.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #387 on: April 16, 2016, 03:52:18 am »

It was good. We went to McSorley's, a bar that claims it has been there since the 1850s. Then to my favorite pierogie place, with a stop by the Physical Graffiti building. We took a picture and he said he'll post it eventually.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2016, 01:46:09 pm »

That is cool, I've read about McSorley's but I've never been there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2016, 03:01:46 pm »

I actually got to meet Jough! We went to Berghoff's in Chicago. It was great. The first TOUAMBie I met was jayelle, last Thanksgiving. So thirteen years and I've met two of you.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71   Go Up