Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)  (Read 5374 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« on: February 16, 2004, 02:09:32 pm »

So can anybody see the picture?

Ray went a totally different way with the dry-humping kitty than I expected. I thought he was going to tell the guy his cat was going to end up as a lot lizard, or doing cheerleader themed porn or something and he'd just have to accept having a slutty cat. That and he used witch over bitch. Weird.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 02:25:22 pm »

Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 02:34:20 pm »

Hey, Ray plugged Ancient Age, the distillery of which I pass by on my way to work every morning. (How's that for a poorly constructed sentence?)  Of course, around here you can throw a rock and hit a distillery.

So, whose saxophone has Ray acquired?  Coltrane?  Bird?  Sonny Rollins?  Roland Kirk?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 03:16:30 pm »

I have to say I preferred the image of autoerotic asphyxiation involving clear jelly mules. Goddamn!

Also: "double nut beat down."
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 04:55:49 pm »

I'm fairly sure that I will be using the phrase "You are Violating" soon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 05:57:16 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.


That one is coming up as a 404 too
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 06:23:18 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.


That one is coming up as a 404 too


I took it as Ray trying to insert the picture and just failing miserably.  But maybe I'm reading too much into it...
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 07:19:54 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
I took it as Ray trying to insert the picture and just failing miserably.  But maybe I'm reading too much into it...


that's how i took it, but i still wanted to see a picture anyway :)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 07:23:12 pm »

You will when the "jay-peg" file format becomes more universally recognized.

That is pretty funny, but not as funny as the Jelly mules and the chloroformed sock on a short string.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 08:55:27 pm »

Okay, and this is better than a new strip... how?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 09:12:26 pm »

It's not, but as Ray's Places go, it's pretty classic.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 10:10:32 pm »

The divining rod bit was funny, I'll give him that.

Glad to see that he's still fielding lots of liquor-related questions, since Onstad was on the Stanford Drinking Team (regional champs 1996) in college.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 04:33:12 pm »

Still waiting to hear whether anyone has actually tried the Johnny Rompers recipe, as I can't tell from reading whether it would be horribly sweet or just right.  I will check it out tonight in greater detail and report back.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 07:57:00 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Still waiting to hear whether anyone has actually tried the Johnny Rompers recipe, as I can't tell from reading whether it would be horribly sweet or just right.  I will check it out tonight in greater detail and report back.

Well, wasn't the letter spawned by the author's friends actually digging on the Johnny Rompers thing? I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 08:47:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up