My brother and I used to say "cool beans" all the time. It was an '80s thing. You wouldn't understand.
I often describe cool things as "neat" or "groovy". I'm a particular fan of "rockin'," as well. I have a friend from the beach who says "stoked," and for a time (when we lived together) I used it too.
When it comes to pseudo-expletives I'm likely to be caught saying "cripes," or "Holy Cow" (the way I say it, it comes out "holicow"). Also in my vernacular: holy crap, crapity, crapioca pudding (thanks to Pedro's sister), holy smokes and -- more recently -- jehosephat. (Thank you, Lije Baley.) Also, since I'm one of the nine individuals left in America who is mildly offended by the use of the Lord's name as an expletive, I use "Oh my goodness" or "Oh, mercy" in good midwestern form.
My mother says "jehosephat", as well as "holy Toledo," which is odd, since that's where we lived during the time I remember her using the phrase with any regularity.
I call people "dude" on a fairly regular basis. Pedro calls everyone "pal." We both use "buddy" on occasion. But I think the strangest thing -- and those of you who have met Pedro will know why -- is that I call my husband "baby doll." (He calls me "the dollfaced avenger," which stemmed from calling me "dollface," a la Humphrey Bogart.)
Basically, then, if it's coming out of my mouth, it's no longer cool.