Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Old but good expressions  (Read 20801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Old but good expressions
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2004, 11:44:43 pm »

I used to like "I wet 'em!", to be directed in a derisive, vaguely ventriloquic fashion at a particularly wussy television character.

On the subject of Lord's name in vain: I used "Jesus Haploid Christ!" a lot in middle school, when my smartass circuitry was about at high. I should start doing that again.

Also from eighth grade: "Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Old but good expressions
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2004, 09:10:57 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also from eighth grade: "Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!"

Good quote, but not in keeping with the topic. Most likely everyone on this board has a passel of favorite Simpsons quotes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Old but good expressions
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2004, 10:37:52 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also from eighth grade: "Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!"

Good quote, but not in keeping with the topic. Most likely everyone on this board has a passel of favorite Simpsons quotes.

Well, yes, fair enough. I was only noting that this particular phrase is more important to me in the context of nostalgia than as a phrase in and of itself, albeit it is a good phrase; nonetheless, its primary value in my life at the moment is that it was roaringly popular when I was 14 and is thus amusingly antiquated now.

Back on topic: "peckish."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2004, 11:37:09 pm »

Oh, I say 'peckish' so much that I didn't even think of it in this context.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2004, 12:55:29 am »

I sometimes say "Shit the Bed!" to express dismay. I also use peckish.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2004, 01:03:00 am »

I'm trying to get us as a society to un-Disneyfy "built like a brick shithouse"
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Old but good expressions
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2004, 01:43:49 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm trying to get us as a society to un-Disneyfy "built like a brick shithouse"


Hold up, what did Disney do to that fine and useful expression?
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Old but good expressions
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2004, 02:22:38 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh, I say 'peckish' so much that I didn't even think of it in this context.

I only thought of it because I continue to befuddle my mother by using it. I think she expects me to announce my conquest of India, or something.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2004, 02:43:48 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I only thought of it because I continue to befuddle my mother by using it. I think she expects me to announce my conquest of India, or something.

Speaking of which, my best friend that is a girl, who is Indian, thinks we should make a porn where I'm wearing a pith helmet, khakis, a handlebar moustache and a monocle, and she's wearing a sari, and I'm bringing the raj into the deepest, darkest parts of India.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I now restore the thread by revealing that I often say, Jeez o pete.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2004, 03:32:49 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm trying to get us as a society to un-Disneyfy "built like a brick shithouse"


Hold up, what did Disney do to that fine and useful expression?

Disneyfy here just means something that is unnecessarily toned down*. I've had people question why I added such a vulgarity to a normal expression.

*see also our discussion on the f in "snafu"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Old but good expressions
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2004, 01:48:29 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm trying to get us as a society to un-Disneyfy "built like a brick shithouse"


Hold up, what did Disney do to that fine and useful expression?

Disneyfy here just means something that is unnecessarily toned down*. I've had people question why I added such a vulgarity to a normal expression.

*see also our discussion on the f in "snafu"

Do you blame the Commodores for that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2004, 02:03:05 pm »

Well this is a fine pickle we've gotten ourselves into.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Old but good expressions
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2004, 02:12:23 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Well this is a fine pickle we've gotten ourselves into.

That pickle is in a kettle of giraffe, inside a barrel of monkeys.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2004, 04:18:15 pm »

Well there's no reason for someone to get on their high hoss about that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Old but good expressions
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2004, 04:27:44 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Well there's no reason for someone to get on their high hoss about that.


STOP IT. ALL OF YOU, JUST STOP IT! YOU MAKE MY BRAIN HURT.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up