The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2006, 04:46:37 pm

Title: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2006, 04:46:37 pm
He used it as his wife (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm).

~Paul
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Hobot on March 09, 2006, 06:30:32 pm
Oh, Sudan, you most tragicomic of countries.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 06:37:24 pm
Oh, Sudan, you most tragicomic of countries.

Wait.. are you saying that Sudan is the Punchinello (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagliacci) of the Middle East?
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 06:40:37 pm
Wait.. are you saying that Sudan is the Punchinello (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagliacci) of the Middle East?

Dude, dude, dude. Geography.

Although for geo-polical oil purposes, the G8 places the Sudan in a construct called "The Greater Middle East" which seems to include, basically, any oil producing country in Eurasia or Africa.  (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/4D0D7F1E-0E20-4449-85F6-9A00F65C841C.htm)
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 06:50:09 pm
I realize where Sudan is, but much like everything else the general perception is what I was going off of there.  Such as how Georgia is the South in the US but, saaaay Arizona isn't.

You may imagine I said Africa instead if it makes you feel better. :P
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 07:12:11 pm
No one percieves Arizona as a Southern State in favor of perceiving it as a Western state.

Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 07:16:43 pm
No one percieves Arizona as a Southern State in favor of perceiving it as a Western state.

That's what I was saying, er, I think.  I've read that sentence 3 times now and debated its meaning till the day is long and now my original little jest is dead in a field of pedantry.  Truly, you are the king of kings Judah Ben Hur.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 07:21:07 pm
Isn't this interesting. I didn't post in here because I felt nothing I could add would bring anything to the table, and here you two are doing whatever it is you are doing.


At the risk of seeming too much the sycophant: You people turn everything into turds.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2006, 07:25:14 pm
I worked with a lady from Georgia who didn't consider Texas in the South.  But, I explained, Texas is much further South than Georgia.  No, you see, Georgia is part of "the real south."  Oh, but Texas was part of the Confederacy.  Texas is in the West.  Ok.  

~Paul
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 07:29:29 pm
Isn't this interesting. I didn't post in here because I felt nothing I could add would bring anything to the table, and here you two are doing whatever it is you are doing.


At the risk of seeming too much the sycophant: You people turn everything into turds.

The more interesting thing here, I think, is I can't imagine who you'd be sycophantic toward with such a comment.  Which brings me back to perception.  IT IS A FUNNY THING.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 07:34:14 pm
The more interesting thing here, I think, is I can't imagine who you'd be sycophantic toward with such a comment.  Which brings me back to perception.  IT IS A FUNNY THING.

Sorry - it's a quote from C.O. on the Dumbrella boards. He said it just before he locked a thread.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 07:36:39 pm
Man, I am not going over there to catch up on the in-jokes too.

I'll take you at your word on this one then. :P
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 07:47:30 pm
It's canonical.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 08:09:25 pm
So, did you hear the one about the African guy that was forced to marry a goat?
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 08:10:09 pm
So, did you hear the one about the African guy that was forced to marry a goat?

Hey dumbass, correctly that would be "WHO was forced to marry a goat?"

Jackass.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: V-Adore on March 09, 2006, 10:36:56 pm
Wow, it's like our very own li'l freakshow. Watch as the thread CRAWLS UP ITS OWN ASSHOLE! In GLORIOUS SKEL-O-RAMA!

On the off-topic topic: I distinctly remember, as an elementary-school kid, asking my father why Texas was considered to be part of the Old West when it was basically in the south central area of the country. This is how I first learned the concept of cultural geography. Education!
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: miles on March 11, 2006, 03:31:25 pm
He used it as his wife (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm).

Which, apparently, in the Sudan, means he used it as his cumbucket.

Wait, are people not using the definite article anymore?  Better cover my ass here, as I've seen both in this thread.

Which, apparently, in Sudan, means he used it as his cumbucket.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2006, 04:16:43 pm
Education.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: theinevitable on March 11, 2006, 05:10:44 pm
wow.
I didn't even think about the implications for Sudanese women.

They are no better than a fuck-goat.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: theinevitable on March 11, 2006, 06:56:42 pm
ok, ok,
so this missionary has been living in (it's supposed to just be africa, but let's say Sudan) for years. This tribal chief comes to him and says: "we're very upset with you. Here you are, teaching us about your supposed christian morality, and my neighbor's wife just had a white baby with blonde hair."
the missionary says: no, my friend, that is what you call an Albino. Have you ever seen a black goat among your white flock? It is the same way. Sometimes it just happens.



the chief says: ok, ok. I won't say anything about the white child, if you don't say anything about the black goat.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2006, 07:33:30 pm
ok, ok,
so this missionary has been living in (it's supposed to just be africa, but let's say Sudan) for years. This tribal chief comes to him and says: "we're very upset with you. Here you are, teaching us about your supposed christian morality, and my neighbor's wife just had a white baby with blonde hair."
the missionary says: no, my friend, that is what you call an Albino. Have you ever seen a black goat among your white flock? It is the same way. Sometimes it just happens.



the chief says: ok, ok. I won't say anything about the white child, if you don't say anything about the black goat.

So this happened to "the chief", eh? Suuuuuuuuure it did.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 02:44:38 pm
used it as his cumbucket.

Dude, cumbucket is so crude.  Say jizz jar, it's much more proper.

~Paul
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2006, 03:27:04 pm
Say jizz jar, it's much more proper.


Aw jeez, here we go with the language prescriptivists again.  ;)
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: side_show on March 13, 2006, 03:28:11 pm
Off topic:  True story: I was working customer service for a bank, and hence took calls from all over Canada.  A woman from Toronto was on the phone with me arguing over her credit card bill, and asked my location, and I replied Winnipeg.  She made some crude comment about me being a stupid Westerner, and I explained that I was actually from the middle of the country, to which she replied that I was a Westerner to her, and I responded that being located where she was that the majority of the country is to the West of her.  Even though I said this all in a very calm, conversational tone, it angered her deeply.  Probably because she knew there was nothing I could do about her overdue bill other than telling her to pay it.

On topic:  I am glad that I do not live in a country that would force me to marry my shower sprayer.

Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 03:29:28 pm
On topic:  I am glad that I do not live in a country that would force me to marry my shower sprayer.


No, but if you use my shower sprayer, there'll be nuptials.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 03:30:43 pm
On topic:  I am glad that I do not live in a country that would force me to marry my shower sprayer.

I'm surprised Rick Santorium hasn't tried to outlaw that.

~Paul
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2006, 05:08:54 pm
No, but if you use my shower sprayer, there'll be nuptials.

Hell with that, you people are not even allowed to date my shower sprayer. I know what youall are like.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Bozack on March 13, 2006, 08:35:03 pm
On topic:  I am glad that I do not live in a country that would force me to marry my shower sprayer.

HOWDY! I'm an innocent young man from a podunk town who's just moved to the BIGGGG city! And, as such, it took me a minute to figure out what that meant! Then I was like, ohhh, you guys!
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2006, 09:05:52 pm
man...
if Rick Santorum knew about that, he would be so mad at his wife.
she said she needed it for a back problem.
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: V-Adore on March 14, 2006, 01:34:17 am
man...
if Rick Santorum knew about that, he would be so mad at his wife.
she said she needed it for a back problem.

I hear that, whenever Mrs. Santorum sees an Herbal Essences commercial, she spreads her legs and thinks of England!
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: Doc on March 14, 2006, 08:19:38 am
I originally read it as "Shower gel" for some odd reason and had disturbing (or not if you like) images of miss Show misusing a shampoo bottle. My shampoo bottle at home is *big* too... I'm sorry where were we?
Title: Re: Man Forced to Marry Goat
Post by: side_show on March 14, 2006, 03:56:34 pm
It wasn't me you were thinking of.  It was Gina.

Gina holds the bi-anual shampoo and shower gel sellers conventions every year in her pu$$y and still has room on the first floor for the World of Wheels car show.