The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on March 30, 2006, 08:02:41 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03302006
I think Onstad accidentally left off a few panels at the very end, there. Teodor's yeast infection is pretty good, though.
-
I think the most important point has been overlooked.
That point is EMERIL.
-
Fin, yo, Fin
another great strip.
-
I think O here was going for the "everyone back together again" thing. But there are a few notable absences I would've liked to see again.
Andy & Chucklebot: The rest of the droid contingent showed up, what gives?
Molly: Well?
O Himself: Could've stood to see the old Neck Down again.
Spongebath's Scooter: What the hell he just sits on the ground?
and
Rodney: What the hell? No showdown? No Fatherly Advice?
Although the "Ray" banner is a thing of beauty.
PostScript: This grammar is so bad, I'm not even going to fix it. How do you like THAT.
-
I've been dying for some Vlad. Though brief, his appearance has filled me with Great Happiness. Extra points for the Bobby D haircut.
-
Notice Pat standing behind Vlad. No one even says anything to him. He looks riled up.
-
Nah, no more GOF. We got the ~Fin~
A lacklustre end to a great story arc. Can't wait to get back to regular non sequitur strips.
The thing is, Ray doesn't actually remember Philippe.
-
Isn't that Todd next to Mr. Bear? He hasn't said anything either. Maybe he's in shock. I think I would be.
I think this strip captures the slightly awkward congratulatory feel that one would have.
I am soooo sleeep deprivvveeeddd ahahhahha yes that is unrelated shut up
-
People, people, the important point here has been over looked. Neither is it Vlad's tribute to Travis Bickle, nor is it Teodor's yeast infection. The important point of this comic is
Nightlife is back.
-
Notice how Lie Bot is lurking in the background.
I guess he keeps his distance after one of the cats he shot created historical mayhem.
-
Hmm, very interesting today. Interesting indeed. Culpepper gets shot and the party strips last a week (if you consider the ***** party a party). Three month arc, and the party is implied. Hazing the Achewood newcomers? Well, lipstick does corroborate the gender assessment.
I just wish that Uncle George would have shown up, holding onto Beef's waist on the back of the motorcycle.
Shots of the motorcycle driving on the open road. Cue Smoke on the Water.
-
I was so happy to see Emeril that before I even read anything I made a little "EEEE" noise like some weird rodent. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Also, Lyle.
This is a good wrap-up strip, a few more panels seemed necessary though.
-
Yeah seriously, where is george? I thought we were going to get this DONE?
I mean yeah it's a decent ending but I think we missed something here.
Besides Vlad saying 'You talking to me'
which would have been so f*cking awesome.
-
1 - they didn't know Beef was in the fight at all
2 - I like the idea of Beef taking over the reigns of the fight. I don't think anyone called that one.
3 - NIGHTLIFE!
4 - They've been up for 3 days, of course they can't throw a good party or a good ~fin~ strip.
-
Just noticed: Beef's eyes in the giving teodore advice panel.
Brilliance!
-
Nobody even noticed Beef was missing. I go back and forth between disbelief and remembering what a loner he is and that he lives in Ray's pool shed. Also, no Molly.
Oh, and speaking of dying of shock, I wouldn't have minded seeing Little Nephew's face about now.
-
Sitting at the computer causes yeast infections?? No one told me!
-
Sitting at the computer causes yeast infections?? No one told me!
This is because it only happens when you are also #####less and kneading dough with your soft bits (Are these also your lovely lady lumps? I do not know. I heard that somewhere.) So it doesn't happen that often.
I can't decide whether Phillippe's hands are trembling or if that is meant to be a normal handshake in his panel. Either way, it's a polite way for a person who is five to greet a man who has ripped the face off of a country singer.
Nightlife!
Emeril, in my head, sounds like the lead ***** gangster from Futurama. (Let's shoot bullets out of our guns at them!) His dialogue sounds much better when you imagine that it had to fight through a mouth full of caramel or peanut butter.
I think it is the sign of a good friend when he can say "there are rumors of great things in the future for you," see that you are uncomfortable, and then ask about a band you both like. This is an easy way to get someone to relax.
Maybe this whole thing will attract some fly honeys to Ray. The man (cat) needs some play for this.
-
At first I thought Emeril was saying that Beef was on the Ruling Body all along and was really excited to see how and if Beef denied it. But now I see he's just saying this could happen as a result of Ray's win(?)
-
Trying to guage each character's reactions.
Teodor - Holy crap disbelief from lack of sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if he's twitching a little bit.
Phillipe - Doesn't really understand the whole picture. But knows they've done something good and hard, so he's congratulating them. Remember, they've only been gone for 3 days in Real-Time. ;D
Vlad - Will know be trying to impress Ray and Roast Beef for a while. They is SO cool.
Lyle - HOLY FUCK MAN HELL YES! YOU GUY fuck*ng ROCK! WHOO-HOO! FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!
Lyle's running on pure adrenaline.
Pat- Jealous in the background. Possibly will give Roast Beef a talk.
Bear - Interested. Good job, chaps.
Mingus - Stoned. Not sure why he's here.
Lie Bot - Scheming.
Spongebath - I wonder how he's gonna leave.
Emeril - Emeril lets down his front for about two seconds to geek about his favorite band.
And finally folks.......After about 3 months.
FIN. (Which shoulda been the thread title)
-
Emeril would not have been my first choice as Guy Who Engages Beef In Conversation First, but the surprise of such is sublime.
And NIGHTLIFE. To hell with Dr Peppers right now - cold glasses of Tuaca all around on this fine day!
-
If anyone could predict who would become the architect of the Fight's future, it's a cat with a mullet. Are you sure THAT isn't the toughest haircut possible? Well, are you?!?
-
Rodney will show up in a year or two, when we, and Ray, least expect it.
"A line of vanity soups." I'd like one of those.
-
I'm pretty sure the rat tail is a close runner up for toughest haircut. I mean, I don't mess with a dude with a rat tail in excess of three inches. that's the kind of dude who's idea of a haircut is snipping the end off and putting it in a plastic bag. you don't mess with that guy.
-
Hey, Mr. Bear is drinking a martini. In honor of Ray perhaps? So much for low blood pressure.
Last Thursday, the liquor store was all out of big bottles of E&J so I bought a bottle of Christian Brothers, which now contains not more than a little of brandy. After work I will chug it and it will be hell of symbolic. Perhaps smash the bottle.
-
I like this strip, I don't know what various of youall are complaining about. It's just like real life. You do some big thing, but then you have to come home to the everyday world and you're lucky if you get a lame handwritten sign with your name on it and a few people care that you are back, who remark upon your accomplishment but then are more interested in how the band was. Of course it's a letdown, how could it not be?
But I'm sorry we didn't get to see the pizza party with Beef's uncle.
-
But I'm sorry we didn't get to see the pizza party with Beef's uncle.
Does anyone regularly find themselves in a pizza party situation anymore? I remember being under 12, and a pizza party was an event. Pizza is no longer a sufficient theme for a party. I guess it would be if you haven't been eating for three days.
Obviously there was some booze involved, on account of the spread from next door (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03282006). Though less charming, I guess the booze would make it more likely that George would have ended up dispensing sort of depressing but sage advice, some of it about socks.
-
I dunno, I think the strip is summed up better by the messageboard title "How were the Tenmen" as if to say...
"Okay, yeah, they won the Great Outdoor Fight and all, but this is still Achewood. So how were the Tenmen?"
-
No comment on the particulars of this specific strip, other than I enjoyed every frame (including the 17 frames of Vlad saying "you talkin to me?", drawn from 17 different points of view, that exist in my imagination), but one general comment:
Thank you, Mr. Onstad. That was one hell of a ride.
-
I bought a bottle of Christian Brothers... After work I will chug it and it will be hell of symbolic. Perhaps smash the bottle.
I might not be alone in thinking that you may want to light it on fire and throw it at a wheelied out jeep.
Become the ruling body!
-
"How were the Tenmen" sealed the deal for me. Enough with the formalities about the GOF, let's get down to business.
Note that in panel one, the goggles cover Beef's eyes. By the last panel, we no longer see them. The less visible the goggles are, the less he is Best Mate and the more he returns to being Roast Beef.
-
"How were the Tenmen" was great. Understated. Kind of perfect, in a weird Achewood way.
Also, holy crap! Nightlife!!
-
And what was Pat's deal anyways, his face controls all cranked up to MAX. SCOWL? Jealous, dissapproving (though I hardly think Pat disapproves of violence, perhaps when he isn't on the giving end)...
-
no no no.
no.
you imbeciles, do you not realize that this is against the rules of the fight? How can you destroy this! Not since Rilo "Casket" Cascetti has a cat attempted to break the rules. I think we all know how that turned out. Next you'll be cooking with a best-itute containing gluten, or even milk.
God damn people. Pat is mad that someone broke the rules.
-
Long time fan, first time poster, buyer of t-shirts.
Okay, something bothered me so much that not only did I google "achewood forum", but I registered just to post.
Please, for the love of all that is just, no more Emeril and Spongebath. They are the most tacked-on characters since Chachi on Happy Days, or Kazoo on The Flintstones. Are they even on this forum's logo? No, and even Pat's therapist made the grade. Just... just stop already. It was a nice try, but leave mistakes in the past, Meester Onstad.
-
Oh man, you are so going to get it. there is much love for Emeril and Spongebath on this board
Are they even on this forum's logo? No, and even Pat's therapist made the grade.
Are you talking about Mr. Gary?
Actually, that logo was designed before the appearance of Em and Sponge.
~Paul
-
Blasphemy
I was gonna call you a crap dude despite your delicious PBF avatar, but I will let it slide. You are welcome to your own wrong opinion of course, but I am on to you. I make terrible oath upon it.
-
Seriously, I adore Achewood. I've pimped it to my friends since I started reading in April '04. I'm not so silly as to think that people aren't going to think that everything Onstad produces is genius, but Emeril and Spongebath, to me, serve only to take away facetime from the characters that I love. Hell, they weren't even following along on TGOF, they just showed for the party.
-
I never said everything he produces is Genius. For the record, I'm the token Philippe hater round these parts and that is basically blasphemy as well.
I am just saying that your mouth is ashes at the wrong characters is all.
-
Hell, they weren't even following along on TGOF, they just showed for the party.
It's implied. They are two of Roast Beef's closest friends, of course they are following. Besides Em said as much when he spoke to Beef.
~Paul
-
My gripe stems from their late introduction and scant use. Phillipe has been around since the beginning, and you either dig the cute or not. I'm in the 'not' collumn as well. But emeril/spongebath were inserted and never give anything that couldn't have been done to better effect by one of the other characters. They have a total Jay/Silent Bob thing that vexes me so.
To above: The same could be said of Ray's mother... she's his mother, of course she'd follow along. And she could've been as easily inserted as emeril. But, of course, that would be absurd.
My point is, all of a sudden, there they are again.
-
To above: The same could be said of Ray's mother... she's his mother, of course she'd follow along. And she could've been as easily inserted as emeril. But, of course, that would be absurd.
Not really. Ray's Mother lives in another town (presumably) and probably wouldn't get invited or even go to a party hosted by a bunch of children (in her eyes). Em and Sponge on the other hand live right in the neighborhood and could've just shown up uninvited looking to see if Beef was home yet. Saw there was a party and hung around.
~Paul
-
Also, Ray's Mother wasn't following the GOF, it's not her thing. She would have only been following it had she known her son was going to be in it. They ain't no way Ray told her what he was up to.
~Paul
-
I don't mind them. They're not like Vlad in that every time I see him I know something good is going to happen but I don't go, "ugh, it's THOSE two."
-
How could you hate them? seriously look at the dudes! One has hockey hair and bushy eyebrows and the other is grotesquely overweight and rides a scooter. I don't think you get much more awesome.
-
PAUL IS YOUR MOM AND HE TOOK YOU TO SCHOOL IN THE CAR OF PAIN!
Seriously though, they live in Tina's apt complex according to their first appearance. I'm pretty sure they're the kinda dudes who just drop by and then disappear.
-
How could you hate them? seriously look at the dudes! One has hockey hair and bushy eyebrows and the other is grotesquely overweight and rides a scooter. I don't think you get much more awesome.
Hockey hair is acceptable if accompanied by a sweater (the barry melrose), in a football jersey its a mullet (joe dirt). And one of my old frat buddies was grotesquely overweight and bottomed out his scooter. Either way, their very look says something to what i'm talking about. Who else has such over-the-top appearances?
-
Hockey hair is acceptable if accompanied by a sweater, in a football jersey its a mullet. And one of my old frat buddies was grotesquely overweight and bottomed out his scooter. Either way, their very look says something to what i'm talking about. Who else has such over-the-top appearances?
They're misfits just like Beef.
~Paul
-
They're misfits just like Beef.
~Paul
What the heck pertinence does that have?
-
What the heck pertinence does that have?
Because it makes them sympathetic characters. The intent is that you identify with their alienation, much like with Beef.
-
Might I point out that this entire argument is the Saddest Thing?
Good work Crun, you've made a mockery OF EVERYONE.
-
Might I point out that this entire argument is the Saddest Thing?
Good work Crun, you've made a mockery OF EVERYONE.
Oh come on, it's all in fun. Where else might one argue about the merits of a cat with hockey hair and his overweight companion? Where I ask you? Only in America friends.
-
Hey, if a dissenting opinion is going to blown up as "making a mockery of EVERYONE", then maybe this place isn't for me. Eh, gave it a shot. Beware the Judas Priest Friday and dance like there's ass in your #####... Its almost beer thirty, y'all have a good weekend.
-
Oh come on, it's all in fun. Where else might one argue about the merits of a cat with hockey hair and his overweight companion? Where I ask you? Only in America friends.
I'm pretty sure they have the Internet in other countries too. Just sayin' is all.
-
Oh come on, it's all in fun. Where else might one argue about the merits of a cat with hockey hair and his overweight companion? Where I ask you? Only in America friends.
U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
Hey, if a dissenting opinion is going to blown up as "making a mockery of EVERYONE", then maybe this place isn't for me. Eh, gave it a shot. Beware the Judas Priest Friday and dance like there's ass in your ******... Its almost beer thirty, y'all have a good weekend.
Don't lose heart so quickly. I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding Emeril and Spongebath, either (but I do like Philippe). BE NICE, EVERYONE.
-
Yeah, Emeril and Spongebob suck. They bring nothing to the party.
-
Hey, if a dissenting opinion is going to blown up as "making a mockery of EVERYONE", then maybe this place isn't for me. Eh, gave it a shot. Beware the Judas Priest Friday and dance like there's ass in your ******... Its almost beer thirty, y'all have a good weekend.
Yeah, you're posting to a message board that discusses cartoon cats, dude. I wouldn't take anything anyone says too seriously, especially that SICK FUCK MisterQueue, who I'm pretty sure was just fuck*ng with you.
You seem like an uncrap dude so I hope you come back despite feeling flagellated for having an opinion. I say this mostly because I share in your opinion. If I didn't, I'd be heating up the tar, plucking the feathers, and attaching the car to the rail, etc.
-
Hey, if a dissenting opinion is going to blown up as "making a mockery of EVERYONE", then maybe this place isn't for me. Eh, gave it a shot. Beware the Judas Priest Friday and dance like there's ass in your ******... Its almost beer thirty, y'all have a good weekend.
Toughen up Nancy! If you can't take a little hyperbolic ribbing then perhaps you haven't quite captured the spirit of this place, nnn-kay. We have people with titles like "Sick Fuck" and "God's Own Dick". In that light, "making a mockery of EVERYONE" seems pretty tame.
Also, you are wrong about Spongebath and Emeril. That's OK, everybody is allowed to have their own stupid opinion around here. I'm the only one who is completely correct about everything, so you have lots of company in your wrongfulness.
I like S & E because of their stuck-on, secondary-ness. They're acquatainces, friends of a friend. Guys you see around, but who aren't always up ins. They add texture and dimension to Acheworld.
And if you don't like Phillippe, well FUCK YOU.
-
Hey, fair 'nuf. I didn't know if this was gonna be a forum like ctrl+alt+del, where a discouraging word is nigh upon ban-worthy. The censoring of the word "p-a-n-t-s" in my post furthered my doubtfulness. But hey, if its a merry band of hooligans around here, i'll definitely stick around and banter it up. And don't be calling this left-winger a nancy, thems glove-droppin' words, foo! That said, I'm a Lyle/Todd man, so Phillipe's cute shtick isn't really my cup of tea.
-
damn, I missed my chance.
I was at school, so I did not take my chance to say "who else looks so over-the-top? you do, if you keep talking that way about emeril and spongebath"
but actually, I don't really care about them either way.
-
Mad Props for the PBF avatar. That shit is like the bastard child of Charles Aadams.
~Paul
-
But hey, if its a merry band of hooligans around here, i'll definitely stick around and banter it up.
However, you will note if you read the entire messageboard archives that it is generally preferred if you read the entire messageboard archives. Just sayin'.
-
I can barely keep up with the current threads, let alone all of the history of the archives - although I would suggest reading a forum at least a little to get the tone and feel for how the culture works before drawing any conclusions or assuming that the board now belongs to you because you know how to type "achewood forum" in Google.
Anyway, only losers people like MisterQueue manage to read the entirety of the archives before posting. Most of us don't have that much free time commitment.
-
Don't blame me, blame Anarchy!*
* Or OCD.
You down with OCD?
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
&c
-
I can barely keep up with the current threads, let alone all of the history of the archives
Says the person with the highest post-count. Although it's pretty clear that if Q had been here since Day 1 his post-count would be so drastically far ahead that light leaving it right now would not reach me for several years.
-
I really don't think it's fair to expect other newbies to live up to Q's performance; truly, he is the platonic ideal of newbie, and all others are just shadows on the wall of the cave. So, y'know, no pressure.
Just to break up the sameness of the two previous opinions: I have no feelings about Emeril and Spongebath whatsoever. So there!
-
Oh. you guys!
Now to change the topic and quickly before I get some weird big Newbie head. (When does the newbie title drop off by the way? After a year? I need to know these things.)
-
Says the person with the highest post-count.
I said I couldn't keep up with reading all of the threads, not posting to them.
-
Hey, fair 'nuf. I didn't know if this was gonna be a forum like ctrl+alt+del, where a discouraging word is nigh upon ban-worthy.
Oh, to the contrary. These people bitch a ton.
-
Now to change the topic and quickly before I get some weird big Newbie head. (When does the newbie title drop off by the way? After a year? I need to know these things.)
"Newbie" is relative. Much like how someone can still be a child to his mother well into middle age, you'll always be a newbie to me.
(Great, now I have "She's Always a Woman To Me" in my head. Eegah!)
-
I said I couldn't keep up with reading all of the threads, not posting to them.
Jough is part of the problem and proud of it.
-
I've heard "lurk more" put many ways, but rarely with the verbosity displayed above.
Yeah, I know, I could read and read, but what's the fun in that? I likes to mix it up. And like I said, the very appearance of Emeril got my dander up, bringing me here.
BTW, beer in hand, the weekend has been greenlighted. Stinkin' bastiches, couldn't find anybody willing to brave the wind for a round of nine and twelve.
-
Jough: Yeah, Emeril and Spongebob suck. They bring nothing to the party.
Until they start dancing.
-
The only dancin' I care to see is gothic dance, gothic dance (bela legosi's dead).
-
Jough is part of the problem and proud of it.
This reminds me of a Very Bad Joke that only Roast Beef would enjoy:
If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the precipitant.
-
Oh touche.
-
This reminds me of a Very Bad Joke that only Roast Beef would enjoy:
If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the precipitant.
I always heard it as "precipitate", but this works just as well yes.
-
I always heard it as "precipitate", but this works just as well yes.
I'd do another "car of pain" interjection here, but we've already had one this thread. Damn.
-
we're on eastern pain time and its misterqueue o'clock?
-
It's man time and you have all come real. Tiny cans all around then.
-
If you're not a part of the solution
Buy (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/merchandise.php)the tshirt. (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/gallery-solution.jpg)
-
we're on eastern pain time and its misterqueue o'clock?
No, 'cause Q doesn't have a mustache (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=40&issue=2).
I'd heard the precipitate joke attributed to Steven Wright several years ago but I've never actually heard him say it so I don't know who actually wrote it.
-
I only assumed he had a 'stache, what with such bombast. This turn of events is disappointing.
I hadn't heard it attributed to cap'n monotone, but if that's true, its another feather in his fantastic chapeau. Would that we could all visit that habberdashery...
So who's drinkin'?!
-
I only assumed he had a 'stache, what with such bombast. This turn of events is disappointing.
So who's drinkin'?!
I am babyfaced. I couldn't grow a stache if I hot glued a ferret to my lip. Seriously (http://www.misterqueue.com/57182.jpg).
I am not drinkin'... yet, but after work I may be thinking about cracking into a little vodka. Just a little.
-
In my experience, there's no such thing as "a little" vodka.
-
A little vodka, yes. A little Jager, no. (it tells me to do... things)
-
I could read and read, but what's the fun in that?
Someone doesn't think that every word that's ever dropped from our keyboards around here is deathless, apparently.
-
I might not be alone in thinking that you may want to light it on fire and throw it at a wheelied out jeep.
Become the ruling body!
This inspired me. Here is an illustration of it. (http://www.venge.net/frances/assortedjunk/become-the-ruling-body.jpg)
-
is that throwing "at" or "out of"? I'm not sure if that's a hand out the window...
EDIT: noticed the motion lines...
-
Great, now I want a t-shirt with that BECOME THE RULING BODY graphic. Swinehund, you rock my world.
Also, I think the precipitate joke is funny. I'm not really a good person, I think.
-
Also, I think the precipitate joke is funny.
Right up there with "I come to barium cesium, not to praseodymium"?
-
Right up there with "I come to barium cesium, not to praseodymium"?
Euripides trousers? Yeah, Eumenides trousers?
Okay more of an Old Lit joke, but hey.. I was a lit kid, what do you expect?
-
Right up there with "I come to barium cesium, not to praseodymium"?
That's a new one on me, but it's delightful. Huzzah!
-
So, one atom says to the other atom, "I think I lost an electron."
"Are you sure?" his friend asks.
"I'm positive."
-
So, one atom says to the other atom, "I think I lost an electron."
"Are you sure?" his friend asks.
"I'm positive."
I thought only "hipsters" liked ionic humor these days.
-
A neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "My good man, how much for a gin and tonic?"
Tender replies, "For you? No charge."
Man, I wish I could take a can away from myself for that.
-
*****_God I'm sorry, but I actually just gave you a can for your joke. It reminded me of my high school physics teacher and I loved him, he was the coolest! He used to tell jokes like that all the time and I think I was the only one that appreciated it.
-
I thought only "hipsters" liked ionic humor these days.
HIPSTERS GRAH
also nice pun
-
I thought only "hipsters" liked ionic humor these days.
HIPSTERS GRAH
also nice pun
Oh, I get it now.
~Paul
-
Which, of course, brings us to the worst science joke/rhyme of all time:
My brother was a chemist
He isn't anymore
For what he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4
-
Heisenberg gets stopped by a cop.
"Excuse me sir," the cop says as he reaches the car. "Do you know how fast you were going?"
"No, but I'm certain I was heading South" he replied
A neutron walks into a bar and says "How much for a drink?".
The bartender replies: "For you, there's no charge".
How many Surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Chicken foot.
What do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain goat?
Goats & mosquitos don't multiply! One's a scalar & ones a vector!
A physicist, a biologist and a mathematician were talking together outside a building on campus when they noticed two people entering the building. Some time later three people exited.
The biologist said, "The must have procreated."
The physicist said, "My initial observation must have been incorrect."
The mathematician said, "If one more person enters that building there will be zero people inside."
Q: What is a milliHelen?
A: The amount of beauty that will launch one ship.
What does the "H." in Jesus H. Christ stand for?
Haploid
3 statisticians are out bowhunting. They spot a deer. The first one shoots, and his arrow lands 3 feet to the right of the deer. The second one shoots, and his arrow lands 3 feet to the left of the deer. The third one says, "We got him!"
recursive
re·cur·sive
adj
1: see recursive
Three friends from med school meet at their 10 year reunion and decide to go duck hunting the next morning.
When they arrive, the first, a general practioner, says that they must be careful to shoot only ducks because of the game laws. At that moment some unidentified birds fly overhead.
the second, a surgeon, stands up and blasts away with his shotgun, downing one of the birds.
After the dog retrieves the fowl, he turns to the third, a pathologist, and says, "Is this a duck?"
-
Is this TOUAMB or a page from an old Reader's Digest joke collection I'm reading here?
-
A physicist, a biologist and a mathematician were talking together outside a building on campus when they noticed two people entering the building. Some time later three people exited.
The biologist said, "The must have procreated."
The physicist said, "My initial observation must have been incorrect."
The mathematician said, "If one more person enters that building there will be zero people inside."
You got a laugh.
Couldn't be a Reader's Digest thread, there's no stories about drill sargeants.
-
Damn, that's funny.
-
Q: What is a milliHelen?
A: The amount of beauty that will launch one ship.
This was a new one on me. I laughed.
What does the "H." in Jesus H. Christ stand for?
Haploid
... and I spent an embarrassing amount of my adolescence saying "Jesus Haploid Christ!" as my fake-swear of choice. Somehow, I'm not ashamed...
-
I've always said "Jesus Horatio Christ!"
-
Is he haploid because he only has a mom? Is that the joke?
-
Is he haploid because he only has a mom? Is that the joke?
Yes, the joke hinges on the idea that God presumably was not able to pass on a set of chromosomes.
Nobody ever said it was a good joke.
-
As a teenager, once, I was annoying the hell out of people, asking them what they thought the H stood for over and over, trying to figure out what the funniest response would be... sort of just by trial and error. Someone was doing the dishes while I asked it, threw the dishrag at me to try and shut me up and...
He's been Jesus Handtowel Christ ever since.
-
What do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain goat?
Goats & mosquitos don't multiply! One's a scalar & ones a vector!
That was a real groan out loud one.
-
Great, now I want a t-shirt with that BECOME THE RULING BODY graphic. Swinehund, you rock my world.
Iron-on transfers! I use them frequently.
If you want to try that, I could scale the image up for you a bit. The resolution of the image (not the text) is limited, though.
-
Or you could go the cafepress route.
-
Oh no not the cafe press no Crun we ain't goin' down that route please.
-
This inspired me. Here is an illustration of it. (http://www.venge.net/frances/assortedjunk/become-the-ruling-body.jpg)
That is a 'ting of beauty! Perhaps even shirt-worthy!
(Edited after reading the rest of the thread and seeing the SHIRTCLAMOR)
-
Oh no not the cafe press no Crun we ain't goin' down that route please.
Is there another route I should know about?
-
I'd make one (http://wordfront.com/wares/) but I don't want to be gettin' all up in Onstad's intellectual property rights, yo.