The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on August 22, 2007, 02:59:22 pm
-
So, yet again mr Chris Onstad has failed to post a new comic. How long before we start writing and publishing our own achewoods?? personally I find his laggardly...
*fade out*
But no, for real, picture thread. I have heard "we need a picture thread" and "I would love a picture thread" and "nabu is hot" and "I want to have lesbian kisses with smells," so, let's get on this.
Um, there is no picture of me on the internet where I look normal.
here is me with my best friend (at school) being silly (http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/479121716/)
here is me in the first of what were supposed to be a series of pictures documenting my beard (I had this weird delusion that it wasn't growing) (http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/383964111/)
so, I have recently realized that probably my favorite picture of myself is one of me staring awkwardly at my then-girlfriend. I really want to crop it and use it... but I feel like that is crass as hell.
She would log on to facebook and be hell of bitter, is what I am saying. Plus, in that picture I still had the long/big hair.
-
I fully intend to post here as soon as I can get the proper photos on my laptop. The PC is in the room with all the boxes, and I can't go in there with my son lurking nearby. (Our computers are networked but for some reason that folder isn't.) So I will post pics soon.
-
Well, I was going to be all mysterious, but what the hell.
I'm the one in the Hawaiian shirt (this one is the closest to how I actually look most of the time). (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545164893837282)
Graduating from film school (front row, blue shirt, Looney Tunes tie). (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545164893837250)
With longer hair and a rockin' white headband that makes me look like I've suffered a head injury but was worn for practical purposes (to keep my hair out of my face while working on set). (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545164893837298)
Dressed up all trashy with ridiculous facial hair (though you can't really see it), aviator sunglasses, trucker hat, and "Girls Gettin' Nasty in Tallahassee" shirt, and looking at a sea creature. (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545164893837314)
Rugged beard. (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545422591875090)
-
I don't understand. Was this all a lie?!
-
Well, I was going to be all mysterious, but what the hell.
I'm the one in the Hawaiian shirt (this one is the closest to how I actually look most of the time). (http://picasaweb.google.com/gloomba/RandomCrap/photo#5101545164893837282)
Wait a minute. You're Corey Feldman?
-
Gloomba, you look like the grown-up version of the guy I had a crush on in middle school.
Where will it all end?
-
Having a photo thread and not having me post pics of my kid would be like inviting Courtney Love to an award show and not having her flash her beaver.
A completely inappropriate mental image to accompany this pic
(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/2005johnkaitlin.jpg)
-
God, Jay, that's an adorable picture. I love it.
Here's a picture of me a couple weeks ago, sad after a dinner date because I got no smooches (way to man up and not kiss a lady, Mark):
(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1112/1034052843_1f45b1b97b_m.jpg)
Here's me about a month ago, getting dolled up to go to a punk show: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/882960130_8d56ed26fd.jpg
And here is me in June right before I left Alaska: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1188/596500504_795958634a.jpg
Me in 2005 with short hair: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/248/550318015_a39ea06901.jpg
Me and Kellichou in 1981 as adorable three-year-olds (we're identical twins): http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/457192946_1c17d4aac5.jpg
Me, Kellichou, and our younger sister in 2006 in Alaska: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/318714880_527e3662e4.jpg
-
Oh, yes. I remember linnea being adorable last time we did this.
What we should have done is made guesses about what people would look like before we posted photos. Like, for example, I thought inev was blond for some reason? So that we could laugh at how wrong we all were. Like all the fan art on the MC Frontalot web site from back when people thought he was black.
-
man, blond? that is so exciting. no one has ever thought I was blond before.
-
Oh, yes. I remember linnea being adorable last time we did this.
What we should have done is made guesses about what people would look like before we posted photos. Like, for example, I thought inev was blond for some reason? So that we could laugh at how wrong we all were. Like all the fan art on the MC Frontalot web site from back when people thought he was black.
Aww, thanks! Waitaminute, people thought Frontalot was black? Craaazy! I'll have to check out his site. That's hilarious.
And theinev, I think I also believed you were blond before I saw your pictures.
Other guesses about what people look like?? Unfortunately I think I"m ruined for this game because I've seen a lot of TOUAMBies' photos before.
-
This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/selfportrait.jpg) is me a couple of years ago pretty much. My hair is tied back in that picture and also my beard is bigger than it looks there (it sort of juts out forward). Also apparently my psychic powers are bending space and making the colors weird for some reason.
I should probably take a better picture but I don't know where that homemade 20-sided-die bling got to.
-
This sounds like a pretty low backhanded complement but I totally imagined Inev looking younger and more akward than he does.
You're a straight up man of the world type big guy.
-
Wait a minute. You're Corey Feldman?
I guess the cat's out of the bag. I hope you enjoyed my work in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.
Gloomba, you look like the grown-up version of the guy I had a crush on in middle school.
;D
-
this is me holding purry Luna (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/yuhuang/gallery-msg-1087879598-2.jpg). we had unhealthy midnight bbq with booze and stuffs and I was in floaty-head mode.
-
Geez, here's a pity picture (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z120/Asherdan93/?action=view¤t=IMG_1023.jpg) party-dude.
Now THAT'S a fuck*ng SHIRT, man.
Most recent photo of me (of the sea) (http://flickr.com/photos/jough/895991744/).
-
this is me holding purry Luna (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/yuhuang/gallery-msg-1087879598-2.jpg). we had unhealthy midnight bbq with booze and stuffs and I was in floaty-head mode.
I like this photo 1) because the kitty is doing that "aw yeeaaah" face that they do when you give 'em rubs just right, and 2) because you look so serious about the task of petting this kitty.
Also, jough, it looks like Chicago is treating you well.
Also, ineve, I don't know why, but I was watching The Sopranos yesterday and thought you look sorta like the guy who played Meadow's boyfriend (http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/74162144.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933D389E1A66A489865C859FB71D2D8EC29AE8356829A9C9D9) in season five, but the nose is all wrong. There is something about his lean-ness that matches your own.
I have no recent photos of myself, only what's already been posted. I still don't own a camera, and don't care if I ever do.
-
I totally know what smells looks like.
Um, thanks for saying that I look older and less awkward than you thought. I am glad, because I still feel that I look pretty young and awkward. Realize, though, that I picked the two best pictures of me in existence (that I know of).
-
About a month ago. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/hollinsdorothy/l_0449e7894378f2af3dd8cf873d36beaf.jpg)
Little before that. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/hollinsdorothy/n62700068_30253056_4365.jpg)
21st birthday. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/hollinsdorothy/l_b450f825956cb8cc90d475139168d160.jpg)
This is my myspace, if you're interested. (http://www.myspace.com/rtothemj)
-
Oh! I feel like a n00b.
I thought RMJ was a dude.
I am so ashamed. I should be pelted with hardbound copies of "The Feminine Mystique" by aging feminists for my thought crimes.
The crime of assuming everyone on the internet is a fat ugly guy...until proven sexy.
-
man, blond? that is so exciting. no one has ever thought I was blond before.
And you could actually be blond, if you wanted to be!
-
The crime of assuming everyone on the internet is a fat ugly guy...until proven sexy.
Reinforcing jl's thoughtcrime: pictures of me on....no 40-year-old should ever be able to say this...my band's MySpace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=173553113)!
I'll put some cute photos of the kid & dog up later.
-
I thought RMJ was a dude.
Well, I do act like one kind of a lot of the time. It's a side effect of going to a women's college.
-
Well, I do act like one kind of a lot of the time. It's a side effect of going to a women's college.
I went to one too. Hence the guilt. :D
We like a little butch in our bitch, 'round here.
-
Reinforcing jl's thoughtcrime: pictures of me on....no 40-year-old should ever be able to say this...my band's MySpace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=173553113)!
Limmo, I can one-up you. My band, from back in college, which broke up in 1994, has a MySpace page. Assembled by our former manager, whom one might accuse of living in the past.
-
I went to one too. Hence the guilt. :D
We like a little butch in our bitch, 'round here.
Where did you go? Between you, me, and A-CAP, there seems to be an unusually high concentration of folks who experienced the glories of single-sex education.
-
Meredith College, in Raleigh, NC. It's pretty small, I don't imagine you'd have heard of it. But then, you're in VA, so maybe you are geographically close enough to have gotten a flier when you were a high school junior?
-
Meredith College, in Raleigh, NC. It's pretty small, I don't imagine you'd have heard of it. But then, you're in VA, so maybe you are geographically close enough to have gotten a flier when you were a high school junior?
I haven't heard of it. It's bigger than my school (http://www.hollins.edu/), though, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it.
I'm sure they would have been all over me if I had grown up in VA, but I actually was born and raised in Kansas, the only way I heard about Hollins was through my high school best friend.
-
Dang, RMJ is pretty cute.
-
my good friend Christine is going to Sweetbriar this year.
also, don't forget Hobot or my friend Sarah, who go to Smith. Sarah has never posted on the boards, but, she met Hobot.
-
Well, I do act like one kind of a lot of the time. It's a side effect of going to a women's college.
Are we sure about the cause and effect here? Maybe you were always like that and that's why you went to one.
I wouldn't know - I went to an all girls high school but it was New York City so we were all as obnoxious and assertive as men but for a different reason.
-
I haven't heard of it. It's bigger than my school (http://www.hollins.edu/), though, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it.
I'm sure they would have been all over me if I had grown up in VA, but I actually was born and raised in Kansas, the only way I heard about Hollins was through my high school best friend.
My great uncle used to teach or coach or something at Hollins. I forget what. I sort of want to say it involved hosss.
One Google later: Well I'll be damned, Uncle Guy has his own award (http://www.hollins.edu/athletics/riding/riding.htm)!
-
I went to single sex elementary (http://www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au/StIves/index.html) and high schools (http://www.dlshs.org/), then immersed myself in the glories of coeds at college (http://www.humboldt.edu/~humboldt/living). My high school actually had a lot of common classes with the all-girls school across the street. Academics, theatre and the like were shared, religious studies and athletics were single sex.
-
my good friend Christine is going to Sweetbriar this year.
Get out of my life, Dan. Your tentacles are everywhere.
-
Sarah has never posted on the boards, but, she met Hobot.
Dan, I like you. I think I like you a lot. But this subject comes up in roughly half your posts. Thoreau knows this about Sarah and Hobot.
-
My great uncle used to teach or coach or something at Hollins. I forget what. I sort of want to say it involved hosss.
One Google later: Well I'll be damned, Uncle Guy has his own award (http://www.hollins.edu/athletics/riding/riding.htm)!
Wow! An award for sportsmanship, no less! that's pretty rad.
Dang, RMJ is pretty cute.
QFT.
Get out of my life, Dan. Your tentacles are everywhere.
Six degrees of theinev. Get used to it, hoss.
Dan, I like you. I think I like you a lot. But this subject comes up in roughly half your posts. Thoreau knows this about Sarah and Hobot.
I guess that men get rabid about loving adorable geek girls? Is this why dudes on this board are so obsessed with Hobot?
-
yeah. um.
that is true. that is a true fact. damn.
also: A-CAP, did you go to Sweetbriar too?
-
I haven't heard of it. It's bigger than my school (http://www.hollins.edu/), though, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it.
I'm sure they would have been all over me if I had grown up in VA, but I actually was born and raised in Kansas, the only way I heard about Hollins was through my high school best friend.
There was a girl in my class yesterday from Hollins. She works at the station in Roanoke, so that's not much of a stretch.
-
Dang, RMJ is pretty cute.
Rumjay is hot, adorable, and taken.
-
At long last. My favorite picture from the last year:
With braids. (http://picasaweb.google.com/jldunston/Brilliant/photo?authkey=P0ASgVDlRfM#5102294378522155010)
If it weren't so darn expensive and time-consuming, I'd keep them in all the time. But on a white person, you have to have them redone every six weeks or so, and my hair is so thick that it takes eight to twelve hours and costs between $120 and $150 each time. So instead, I'm sporting the dyke look -- super-short and wavy-spiky. It was red for a while, and might be again soon...
Darn my broken camera. I might take some of our closing money and buy a new one. Target has one on sale for $87, but it probably sucks.
-
That picture is so hot.
Damn.
-
the dyke look is my favorite look.
unfortunately, this has at least once led to me commenting "oh man check out that girl", and then she turned around and was a dude, and oh god my eyes...
to be fair, he was wearing girl #####. they fooled me.
-
That picture is so hot.
Damn.
Those braids are kickass, lady. I would like to find a salon to get that done. Unfortunately the couple of times I've called braiding salons I've gotten a Honky price of THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS. My hair is just past my shoulders. Damn. Also, what do you put on your scalp after you get them braided? Does your stylist mist it with oil or something? Shea butter?
-
Oh yeah, the braids are nice too.
-
Rumjay is hot, adorable, and taken.
hm.
unfortunately, this has at least once led to me commenting "oh man check out that girl", and then she turned around and was a dude, and oh god my eyes...
to be fair, he was wearing girl ******. they fooled me.
Was he cute?
-
Those braids are kickass, lady. I would like to find a salon to get that done. Unfortunately the couple of times I've called braiding salons I've gotten a Honky price of THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS. My hair is just past my shoulders. Damn. Also, what do you put on your scalp after you get them braided? Does your stylist mist it with oil or something? Shea butter?
I got a braid and scalp spray that had olive oil, among other things. But after a couple of days your scalp takes care of lubricating itself, and the roots grow out enough that it doesn't feel so tight.
It's pretty gross when you take them down, though -- like sticking your hand in a sheep and having it come out all covered in lanolin. I had to shampoo about six times before my hair would lie down again.
-
This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/DaveLizzy2.jpg) is the best I can do. I think I had one where it was the whole picture, kilt included, but can only find the cropped version. Mercifully.
(Sorry if I'm re-railing the thread unwantedly)
-
Hey there! Have you been missing lately or have I just done a good job of ignoring your posts?
Just missing, I've been on holiday with my girlfriend. I've now got some time before college starts to ruminate over my poor exam results, lament the expensive costs of said holidays and inevitably waste time on TOUAMB.
Or maybe that's all an elaborate lie, and I have nothing useful to contribute to the board bar stamp-sized pictures of myself. (That is a lie.)
-
like sticking your hand in a sheep and having it come out all covered in lanolin.
I'm sort of happy I have no way to relate to this.
-
Was he cute?
I don't remember, so, I guess no? Not as cute as Judy is. So, Judy! college! how exciting.
-
This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/DaveLizzy2.jpg) is the best I can do. I think I had one where it was the whole picture, kilt included, but can only find the cropped version. Mercifully.
(Sorry if I'm re-railing the thread unwantedly)
Dude! I had no idea! You're cuter than Iggy Pop and David Byrne put together. And much, much cuter than Iggy Pop and David Byrne put together, if you take my meaning.
-
JUDY!
*happy dance*
Good to have you back! I missed you. Even though I wasn't here, either. I was sad when I got back and you were gone.
-
Don't spook him! He's more afraid of you than you are of him!
-
wb, Judy. I wish you had a picture of you in a full on kilt and sporran. Are you Scottish? Does it make me a paedo to say the kilt part?
-
wb, Judy. I wish you had a picture of you in a full on kilt and sporran. Are you Scottish? Does it make me a paedo to say the kilt part?
Can't believe I never gave you the dignity of a response. Sorry, Linnea!
Anyhow: I am Scottish, of a sense. While I've inherited about 80% Scottish genes I've the misfortunate of a deep Gloucestershire accent and lived in England all my life. Still, I love my Scottish heritage and celebrate it enthusiastically.
Also, I'm 17 and that's legal here so you're not a paedo to say the kilt thing. I think. What's the legal status on this? WHERE'S AUGUSTWEST?
And thankyou all for your kind words on my appearance that I never expressed my appreciation for. A kind word in the ear can go a long way.