The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Toaster on September 14, 2009, 02:57:00 am

Title: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 14, 2009, 02:57:00 am
Okay, so this link doesn't contain a bug inside a giraffe, but it does contain a heart-breaking tale of a young girl's moment being ruined by a huge self-righteous douchebag:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621389/20090913/west_kanye.jhtml

I wasn't mad about the Daft Punk thing because they said they were okay with it, but this is the last straw, Kanye West! The last straw should have been that gods-damned book, but this is way more offensive.

I already wanted to give Taylor Swift Maximum Cuddles, but right now she is probably in need of Standard Hugs.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2009, 02:59:46 am
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfITLK_uLE
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: linnea on September 14, 2009, 03:12:40 am
This should have a poll. I just read about this on Perez. What a jerk.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 14, 2009, 03:12:52 am
Attention Whores whore for attention.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 04:09:53 am
I have achieved a Wombat-like zen when I can honestly say: who the fuck are any of these people?

Being old has its advantages.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: theinevitable on September 14, 2009, 04:13:04 am
I do not really give a hoot about taylor swift, but kanye is pretty douche-tastic.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Choop on September 14, 2009, 04:25:51 am
what does he think he is a gay giraffe
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 14, 2009, 04:59:45 am
...whereas I am just amazed that they still do the video music awards at all.

Can you still do them if you don't show videos? There's no law that applies to this?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 05:04:28 am
...whereas I am just amazed that they still do the video music awards at all.

Can you still do them if you don't show videos? There's no law that applies to this?

The same law that lets National Socialism use the word 'Socialism' and the Democratic Republic of the Congo use the phrase 'Democratic Republic'
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 14, 2009, 05:36:36 am
im sorry a grown man felt that his opinions were so important that he had to steal attention from a teenage girl.  regardless of that, youre all too old to care about MTV.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: robot_god on September 14, 2009, 06:14:33 am
Taylor Swift should have to give Kanye a beej, he did the best thing possible for her career.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 14, 2009, 06:52:44 am
Do not talk that way about the celebrity on whom I have a crush, *****_god, or I shall have to cut a bitch, and that bitch will be you.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: theinevitable on September 14, 2009, 06:59:36 am
ugh, screw taylor swift.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 14, 2009, 09:53:33 am
last comment left when I went to the you tube video


How is racism not the fault of black people? Racism is contributed by EVERYONE. It has no end... I feel your comment is very narrow minded but that's how you see the world unfortunately.



fuck*ng you tube.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2009, 12:09:57 pm
I have achieved a Wombat-like zen when I can honestly say: who the fuck are any of these people?

Being old has its advantages.

Yay cultural ignorance! If they weren't cool when you were 19 who the hell cares about them!

Give me a break.  You sound sound like someone's grandpa.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 12:34:19 pm
Yay cultural ignorance! If they weren't cool when you were 19 who the hell cares about them!

Give me a break.  You sound sound like someone's grandpa.

Grandpas are a hell of a lot cooler than young people these days.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 14, 2009, 12:45:47 pm
Grandpas are a hell of a lot cooler than young people these days.

Yeah!

Gol'durned whippersnapper!  Why, I'll take this onion offa my belt and then you'll be in for it...
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: CortJstr on September 14, 2009, 01:17:59 pm
I'm aware that Kenye had some popular songs like 8 years ago but I had no idea he was still around. Taylor Swift was #1 on eMusic's charts for like 2 straight months but I saw "country" by her name so I never clicked.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on September 14, 2009, 01:40:57 pm
Of course our opinions about MTV are valid!  We were its target demo when "Video Killed the Radio Star" first rolled!
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 02:04:27 pm
It is entirely possible this whole event has been staged. Eight years of the Bush Administration has made me suspicious of everything I hear about.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 14, 2009, 02:11:17 pm
Yay cultural ignorance! If they weren't cool when you were 19 who the hell cares about them!

I don't care about people who were cool when I was 19 either. Take that wombat-like zen, kiddo.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: CortJstr on September 14, 2009, 02:12:52 pm
What a mockery. Dude wanted to plant a big asshole on stage and the production allowed him to do it. A standard human would have had six dudes pick him up and walk away with him, Kanye gets his time.

I'm applying wrestling logic* to this incident. Fans will occasionally jump the barricade at wrestling shows and try to interfere in matches. WWE and TNA policy is to ignore it and get the guy off camera ASAP. I once saw a guy jump the barricade and push over a ladder while Eddie Guerrero was on top of it in full view of the camera. The announcers said "It looks like Eddie lost his balance climbing and the ladder tipped over. I hope he's OK." We all saw the guy push the ladder on live TV but the announcers immediately claimed we didn't. You don't want to draw attention to the fan because it encourages others.

Thus if somebody jumps the barricade and the announcers acknowledge it you know it's staged and it will turn out out the "fan" was another wrestler in disguise or something. Since Kanye didn't get his mic cut and ushered off by security then this was planned. Twitter and FB both went apeshit when this happened and I'm guessing that didn't exactly hurt the ratings.


[edit: looks like a few of us were thinking the same thing]

*Oxymoron joke goes here.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 14, 2009, 02:18:37 pm
Paul Anka: To stop those monsters 1-2-3,
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...
Lisa: Guarantee void in Tennessee.
All: Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 03:35:17 pm
I'm applying wrestling logic* to this incident. Fans will occasionally jump the barricade at wrestling shows and try to interfere in matches. WWE and TNA policy is to ignore it and get the guy off camera ASAP. I once saw a guy jump the barricade and push over a ladder while Eddie Guerrero was on top of it in full view of the camera. The announcers said "It looks like Eddie lost his balance climbing and the ladder tipped over. I hope he's OK." We all saw the guy push the ladder on live TV but the announcers immediately claimed we didn't. You don't want to draw attention to the fan because it encourages others.

Thus if somebody jumps the barricade and the announcers acknowledge it you know it's staged and it will turn out out the "fan" was another wrestler in disguise or something. Since Kanye didn't get his mic cut and ushered off by security then this was planned. Twitter and FB both went apeshit when this happened and I'm guessing that didn't exactly hurt the ratings.


[edit: looks like a few of us were thinking the same thing]

*Oxymoron joke goes here.

I'm just saying, in this recession, I'd prefer more bread and less circus.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 14, 2009, 04:19:12 pm
...the celebrity on whom I have a crush...

dude, ew.  she looks like a small blond rodent. 

...Taylor Swift was #1 on eMusic's charts for like 2 straight months but I saw "country" by her name so I never clicked.

im glad you put country in quotes because she is to country music what KFC is to chicken.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 14, 2009, 04:30:24 pm
she looks like a small blond rodent. 

You have a problem with that?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 14, 2009, 04:39:43 pm
As one of my other-message-board friends put it, "Damn you, Kanye West, for actually making me feel sorry for Taylor Swift."

So very, very staged. Got us talking about the VMAs, eh?

Sorry, Kanye, Beyonce has a good video, but it is so NOT one of the greatest of all time.  Just, no.  Also, you can't sing, so stop trying.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 14, 2009, 04:41:48 pm
thus the second seal has fallen

A quart of wheat for a clown's wages
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 14, 2009, 05:12:18 pm
You have a problem with that?

so what if i do?  wanna fight about it?(technically, no)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 14, 2009, 07:35:47 pm
I voted who, but it wasn't a who are these people it was a who gives a fuck.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on September 14, 2009, 09:50:37 pm
...a flying fuck at a rolling donut...
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: CortJstr on September 14, 2009, 11:02:08 pm
...a flying fuck at a rolling donut...

Take a flying fuck at the moooooon!
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Ben-San on September 14, 2009, 11:42:51 pm
Kanye West is an asshole because people not only allow him to be an asshole, they pay him to be an asshole.

If you give someone candy every time they push a button, expect the button to get pushed with frequency and vigor. If you start giving him less candy for "ordinary" button pushes, expect the button to be pushed with even more frequency and vigor.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 14, 2009, 11:45:18 pm
Kanye West is an asshole because people not only allow him to be an asshole, they pay him to be an asshole.

If you give someone candy every time they push a button, expect the button to get pushed with frequency and vigor. If you start giving him less candy for "ordinary" button pushes, expect the button to be pushed with even more frequency and vigor.

Your corporate media giants at work.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: lprkn on September 15, 2009, 01:16:26 am
It is entirely possible this whole event has been staged. Eight years of the Bush Administration has made me suspicious of everything I hear about.

Obama Interrupted/Kanye Interrupting mashup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKIcrDsJAs)

I've been hearing people say the same thing about Joe Wilson's outburst. That it was intended to distract from the actual issue at hand. Whether or not that was the case, it seems that it worked perfectly.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 15, 2009, 01:26:06 am
Heyyyyy, Kanye's supposed to be on the new Jay Leno show tonight!  What an AMAZING coincidence!
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 15, 2009, 02:41:32 am
Yeah, having now actually watched it...

Fix. Definite fix.

Only thing standing against the idea that it was a fix was the country singer girl's reaction but...

I mean, some people are pretty good at that stuff.

A lot of these young phenom prefab pop stars have acting training early on, just in case they wanna cross-over that way and maximize profits for their terrifying parents.

Not outside of the realm.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: theinevitable on September 15, 2009, 02:49:09 am
or like, she was not told for maximum effect.

"Hey Westie, this is swiftie's manager. yeah. the usual deal."
"shall I expect the usual price, at the usual place?"
"sure thing, westie. two douchey cardigans and a weird cravat-thing."
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 15, 2009, 02:49:30 am
Idk, he just broke down and cried and looked kind of pathetic and embarrassed on Leno just now.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/09/14/kanye-west-tells-jay-leno-he-took-something-away-from-a-talented-artist-at-vmas/

"Then, in a particularly somber moment, Leno asked what West’s deceased mother would think about what he said to Swift. Suddenly, the normally outspoken rapper couldn’t speak – but his silence spoke volumes, so much that Leno attempted to break the uncomfortable pause by resting his hand on West’s knee."
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 15, 2009, 03:17:41 am
Well, that WOULD be Kanye's actual reward for his involvement, wouldn't it?

A national stage to apologize for interrupting a wholly-meaningless and mostly-fixed awards show, somewhere between the People's Choice and the Golden Globes in terms of meaningless crapulence... and Leno gets people who aren't 85 to watch his opening show.

EVERYBODY won.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 15, 2009, 03:39:03 am
Well, that WOULD be Kanye's actual reward for his involvement, wouldn't it?

A national stage to apologize for interrupting a wholly-meaningless and mostly-fixed awards show, somewhere between the People's Choice and the Golden Globes in terms of meaningless crapulence... and Leno gets people who aren't 85 to watch his opening show.

EVERYBODY won.

Even if it weren't fixed, I want to believe in a world where it is because conspiracies make sense.

It is much more reassuring to believe that all the shittiness of the world is because of malevolant orchestrations by powerful organizations for their own benefit; than to accept it is merely a combination of greed, stupidity, narcissism and incompetence.

I can't believe in a God but I can't not believe in Mammon. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammon) It would crush me too hard and I'd be forced to turn in my sentience and opposable thumbs in disgust, and go graze in the yard.


Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 15, 2009, 03:45:36 am
Actually, though, it seems like a fix to me less because of my love of conspiracies (and I do, I love conspiracies, I could write about them forever because... exactly... they make more sense than real life) and more that... it just seems exactly like one of those storylines the WWF does where they're trying to make you think "okay, it's fake most of the time but THIS ONE'S REAL just this one time" and so on.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Doc on September 15, 2009, 05:06:22 am
Mass media defeated Andy Kaufman by becoming Andy Kaufman, just because they don't wink at the camera doesn't make it true.

I do know who Kanye West is, I don't know who the other lady is and I don't get MTV but this has been much more satisfying second hand.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 15, 2009, 06:07:23 am
Mass media defeated Andy Kaufman by becoming Andy Kaufman...

Dude, you get a can for articulating what I was thinking.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 15, 2009, 12:16:43 pm
Even if it weren't fixed, I want to believe in a world where it is because conspiracies make sense.

It is much more reassuring to believe that all the shittiness of the world is because of malevolant orchestrations by powerful organizations for their own benefit; than to accept it is merely a combination of greed, stupidity, narcissism and incompetence.

This is so true. I wish I weren't a conspiracy aetheist, it would be so comforting to be otherwise, but I just don't feel the faith.

I second Doc's vote - this thread is more interesting than the story it is about.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 15, 2009, 12:29:51 pm
Mass media defeated Andy Kaufman by becoming Andy Kaufman, just because they don't wink at the camera doesn't make it true.

Jerry the King Lawler told me to give you a can, brother.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: CortJstr on September 15, 2009, 01:01:23 pm
Jerry the King Lawler told me to give you a can, brother.

He is running for mayor of Memphis now.


That is all.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 15, 2009, 01:33:27 pm
He is running for mayor of Memphis now.


That is all.

I went to law school with a guy who represented him in 1993 when he was charged with having improper contact with an underage girl.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: miles on September 16, 2009, 12:30:47 am
Obama weighs in? (http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-a-jackass/)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2009, 04:21:28 pm
I thought that was cute, but I wish he hadn't said it.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on September 16, 2009, 05:16:38 pm
Supposedly the comment was made in discussion with an ABC crew after he had said "Off the record".  The nearby CNBC crew who had their recorders going didn't feel bound by his statement, since he was talking to a different crew.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: miles on September 16, 2009, 11:06:19 pm
Yeah I don't think the burden of the office extends to off the record comments about jackasses.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 16, 2009, 11:22:50 pm
Really, wouldn't there be something wrong with a person who never called someone a jackass in private? I'm not sure I'd want that person to be president.

He does need to get a better handle on what 'private' means when you are president, though.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 17, 2009, 12:44:24 am
As president he should know that the microphone is always on.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Choop on September 17, 2009, 04:23:49 am
big deal, kanye *is* a jackass. oh no the president said something everybody agrees with in a way that children maybe shouldn't hear. oh shit^H^H^H^Hpoop what ever shall we fuc^H^Hrickin do
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 17, 2009, 04:33:09 am
I'm just gonna play Devil's advocate here:

"Jackass" isn't even a bad word. It means donkey. If you think it has something to do with asses, like butts, then examine that. How do you jack an ass? You can jack a dick, you can jack a tire, you can jack a Lexus. But you cannot jack an ass, in any way.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Liz on September 17, 2009, 04:35:04 am
Anyway it's not like he announced he was gonna bomb Russia (http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos") on a hot mic or anything like that.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Choop on September 17, 2009, 04:57:26 am
working link to above video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Ben-San on September 17, 2009, 05:25:29 am
I'm just gonna play Devil's advocate here:

"Jackass" isn't even a bad word. It means donkey. If you think it has something to do with asses, like butts, then examine that. How do you jack an ass? You can jack a dick, you can jack a tire, you can jack a Lexus. But you cannot jack an ass, in any way.

Assjacking is the modern, jet-age equivalent to old-fashioned butt piracy and ass banditry.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Doc on September 17, 2009, 09:47:04 am
Your president saying 'jackass' is an issue? Really now?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 17, 2009, 09:59:13 am
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard it either. I'm giving more and more thought to moving to England, where they swear on TV and men's magazines have nipples in them.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 17, 2009, 12:01:02 pm
I don't think the badness of the word is the whole issue though, is it? Wouldn't there have been a story just as well if he'd called the guy "stupidhead"?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 17, 2009, 01:00:53 pm
http://archive.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/09/04/cuss_word/
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2009, 01:49:50 pm
I remember that little flap. I gave it the 'so fuck*ng what' pass I'm giving this one.

But...

Awesome

I wonder how many people would have their mind blown by that if it went wider.

Uh, I got no problem with talking about a little sumpin sumpin.  But with your Dad?  I mean, what's he going to tell you about, your Mom?  shudder.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 17, 2009, 01:50:21 pm
Bushes cover pussy. No incongruity here.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Choop on September 17, 2009, 05:52:18 pm
So that's why Dubya was always going on about Merkins.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2009, 05:56:51 pm
So that's why Dubya was always going on about Merkins.

Can'd.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: miles on September 17, 2009, 11:43:30 pm
I don't think the badness of the word is the whole issue though, is it? Wouldn't there have been a story just as well if he'd called the guy "stupidhead"?

Yeah but only because that would have sounded dumb.

I mean I picked up the link pretty randomly, is it really make the evening news? Has Glenn Beck blown a gasket over it?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: lprkn on September 21, 2009, 02:04:00 am
Dubya's quote

See, this fits in nicely with my personal theory that he was just a normal, relatively likable guy who became president.

The problem is that normal people cannot be presidents.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 21, 2009, 02:50:02 am
Except, of course, that W grew up richer than God.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on September 21, 2009, 04:33:54 am
Y'know, likeability and bank balance are not correlated.  I've met some poor assholes, and some nice rich folks.  For damn sure, there are some perfect princes of fellows who would make terrible presidents.

The way things are going now, I'm thinking it would be interesting if there was a lottery for candidates. At least for State Assembly and Federal Representatives.  All registered voters would be the qualifying pool.  We select from among them.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 21, 2009, 06:00:28 am
Quote from: lprkn
The problem is that normal people cannot be presidents.

Maybe someone who was richer than God from birth can be likable, sure.

Normal, though?
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Ben-San on September 21, 2009, 11:06:14 am
See, this fits in nicely with my personal theory that he was just a normal, relatively likable guy who became president.

Replace "normal, relatively likable guy" with "frat boy who has never been disciplined for wrongdoing of any scale or scope in his life" and you have my take on it.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 21, 2009, 04:29:46 pm
the average (spoiled rich bitch) who became a texan who became president.  its a story of class struggle.....
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: lprkn on September 21, 2009, 04:41:15 pm
Whenever I read or see examples of Dubya as a young man, he just seems like an average (wealth notwithstanding) guy who liked to party and be around people. A guy who would laugh in your face if you told him that he would be president someday. He had none of his father's civic-mindedness, or perceived duty to public service and was most definitely spoiled.

I'm not saying that the man had/has zero personal defects, those have been amply demonstrated. I just think Young George was a guy I could have had a beer with.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: miles on September 21, 2009, 05:10:12 pm
I'll give you that. You could have a beer with W, probably right out of the bottle. When you have a beer with Obama, it's a fuck*ng ordeal.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 21, 2009, 05:26:28 pm
I'll give you that. You could have a beer with W, probably right out of the bottle. When you have a beer with Obama, it's a fuck*ng ordeal.

hell, he'll even buy you said beer.  you just have to pay him back, later.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: miles on September 21, 2009, 05:44:35 pm
Just a dude. (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/george_w_bush_chuckles_to_self)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: TripperDay on September 22, 2009, 06:06:33 pm
Kanye West is sort of like Andy Kaufmann, except Andy did things on purpose.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Toaster on September 22, 2009, 07:52:47 pm
Kanye is so good at stirring up shit, he does it without even trying. He is a shit-stirring savant. He is the Good Will Hunting of shit-stirring. Dude wakes up in the morning and stirs three shits before breakfast.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 23, 2009, 05:06:10 pm
the last two posts have been deemed super canworthy
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: dejavroom on September 23, 2009, 06:42:02 pm
Dude wakes up in the morning and stirs three shits before breakfast.

I stir two shits in the morning
I stir two shits at night
I stir two shits in the afternoon
It makes me feel alright

I stir two shits in time of peace
And two in time of war
I stir two shits before I stir two shits
And then I stir two shits more
Ja say...



This whole non-event is all the proof I need that someone dropped the ball vis a vis the whole Western civilization. I for one welcome our new bearded, ululating overlords...
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: wombat on September 23, 2009, 06:53:31 pm

This whole non-event is all the proof I need that someone dropped the ball vis a vis the whole Western civilization.

In fact The Onion says it's just that time.
Nadir of Western Civilization to be reached This Friday at 3:32 PM. (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nadir_of_western_civilization_to)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 23, 2009, 08:22:23 pm
See, this fits in nicely with my personal theory that he was just a normal, relatively likable guy who became president.

The problem is that normal people cannot be presidents.

Thats not a theory, that's exactly what his campaign team engineered his appearance to be. See: endless video clips of him clearing brush on a ranch in Texas.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2009, 06:50:12 am
This has forever changed my perception of Kanye West's actions: What if Kanye West is retarded? (http://www.cracked.com/blog/what-if-kanye-west-is-retarded/)
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on October 02, 2009, 07:38:44 pm
More fallout (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/01/kanye.west.tour.canceled/index.html?iref=mpstoryview).
If it was intentional, it seems to have backfired badly.  Wonder what Lady Gaga thinks of this trainwreck.  I bet she was counting on the tour to accelerate her climb.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 03, 2009, 01:38:41 am
the IOC mustve been watching the KANYE-MAs, well.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 03, 2009, 02:31:07 am
Well, at least Lady Gaga has her enormous c*ck to fall back on.
Title: Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
Post by: jaydub on October 03, 2009, 04:49:37 am
It would have to be truly enormous to land on if she fell backwards.