The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: lprkn on November 19, 2009, 11:57:23 pm

Title: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 19, 2009, 11:57:23 pm
Nope, I seriously want to buy him a poster!  I have almost more money than I know what to do with, for about another month, then I'm going to be flat broke for the next eleventy years.  So, I'm getting people little things while I can.

I am very pleasantly surprised and touched by this, and it leads to another thing I was thinking about: Blind Gift Exchange? I have recently happened upon some free time (unemployment), and would be willing to administer such a thing, if there is enough interest. I actually participated in one on another board, and it was a lot of fun.

My main concern would be that it's already mid-November, and some people (me) are slow about some things like PM'ing addresses and buying gifts and mailing them.

So, is there any significant interest in such a thing?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 20, 2009, 12:36:32 am
Jon (aka Ferocious J) used to administer something like this on Dumbrella. Here were his rules:

NOTE HERE THE DANCE CARD RULES: They are below.  They're easy!  If you
break them, you'll be left off all future updates, no one will send
you anything, you'll be publicly castigated on the board, and we'll
seal you inside a spacesuit and shit in it.  So follow these simple,
simple rules.

1. No minimum participation is enforced.  Do as much or as little as you like.
2. No sending people poop, literal or otherwise.
3. No anonymous mail.

As always, if you have an update to the list or want to be taken off,
let me know.

You may continue to mail each other items you think the other person would like.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2009, 01:03:33 am
I assume you mean that everybody's address is on a private list, and then we can look them up to send them things?

Hmm, interesting. I guess I was kind of thinking more of a blind experience, where everyone puts their name into a hat and is drawn another person to get gifts for.

A plus to Ferocious J's way, you can send gifts to the people you want to send gifts to, but I like the element of surprise...element to my suggestion.

Thoughts?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 20, 2009, 01:07:26 am
I figured you meant more a Secret Santa type deal. I was just floating this as a related option.

But yeah, everybody gets a list of all the other partici#####' addresses. There is an optional "I live with my parents/no racy stuff" flag for each person.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2009, 01:51:23 am
Yes! Secret Santa, I couldn't remember the term.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 03:50:13 am
hell and damn yes!  secret santa is rad with fake internet friends that are above average!  count me in.  im not willing to organize such a thing, but i would love to be a part of it.  is there going to be a special thread, or what?

the rules up there are kind of vague.....

here are the rules for the other FIFSS(fake internet friend secret santa)-dealie that im participating in.  i think they are the best ones:

To make this fun for everyone, we do need to follow some rules:
*Sign up by the end of the day November 24

*Gifts need to total close to $20. Please try to stay as close to that as possible, but be creative. we all know that handmade items are awesome gifts too and they are as welcome as store-bought goodies.

*You MUST MUST mail your package on time.

*Follow through! Be 100% sure that you can do this before you sign up!

*Please include your screen name with your gift... your identity as Santa should only be a secret until your gift is opened!


also, my friend provided a questionnaire/guide the potential santas:

Can you mail internationally?

Info for your Secret Santa:

First and Last Name:

Full Mailing Address:

Do you have any allergies?

Favorite Color?

Clothing Size? (you don't HAVE to share... but please let us know if we're talking about US/UK/AUS sizing)

Favorite Books/Authors?

Favorite TV shows and Movies:

Favorite things to eat (snacks, candies and such):

Stuff that you enjoy(Do you collect pokemon cards? Are you totally into cars? Are you in love with Batman? now's the time to let your Santa know!):

Things that you don't like (this is the place to mention it if you would rather die then listen to the Jonas Bros or you're pretty sure you're never going to wear polyester #####):
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on November 20, 2009, 01:00:37 pm
Who is doing this?  I am in. 
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 02:03:15 pm
Sure, I'm in.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 20, 2009, 02:03:27 pm
hell and damn yes!  secret santa is rad with fake internet friends that are above average!  count me in.  im not willing to organize such a thing, but i would love to be a part of it.  is there going to be a special thread, or what?

the rules up there are kind of vague.....

The other wasn't a set event but ongoing for about 2 years. So people sent whatever they wanted whenever they felt like it. I recall receiving a postcard that had been hand-stitched together from paint samples, an amusing collage made mainly from teen magazines, and some of those candy dots that come on wax paper.

Although a traditional Secret Santa is much more likely to garner participation from all.

I'm down with participating either way.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on November 20, 2009, 02:09:20 pm
I'm game. One rule though, unboxing photos are strongly encouraged.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 02:45:58 pm
I am so in.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 03:10:04 pm
WHO MAILED ME THIS EIGHT BALL OF COCAINE AND TWELVE YEAR OLD THAI HOOKER.

SHIT I PULLED MY OWN NAME ON THE SECRET SANTA LIST AGAIN GOD DAMN IT THIS HAPPENS EVERY YEAR
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2009, 03:11:03 pm
Okay, I am ready to do this thing. The rules that Mr Kool-Aid laid out work fine for me, but I'm going to reiterate them here, with a couple of minor changes.

Rules

If you decide that you are ready to get down, send me a PM with the following info:

The following will help your Secret Santa find stuff for you:

And of course, once you do receive your gift:

If anybody notices something that I've missed, speak up! Otherwise, get me your info asap!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on November 20, 2009, 03:34:55 pm
When are the gifts "due?" If I have 'til the new year, I'll do it.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2009, 03:39:25 pm
I think Jan. 1 is a good drop-deadline, I understand that some people are very busy with things such as jobs and offspring. But of course, a gift is cool no matter when you get it.

I'll be trying to get mine sent out so it's received by Christmas, though.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Ruta Bagas on November 20, 2009, 06:29:35 pm
Hooray for presents!

(That is to say, I am in.)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 07:43:02 pm
czech(im in)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 21, 2009, 12:46:50 am
Im in. Spoiler alert: My gift comes with a framed autographed picture of me.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: dejavroom on November 21, 2009, 01:22:45 pm
I might join in, but years of social self-ostracizing left me unable to pick up nice gifts for people, so I always give books, which is lame (I mean, it's not, but c'mon). We'll see how this goes...
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 01:50:00 pm
You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on November 21, 2009, 08:56:15 pm
Im in. Spoiler alert: My gift comes with a framed autographed picture of me.

Hahaha! Tiny can. That is awesome.

Also, I'm in. Just so everybody knows, no costume jewelry for me because I have a metal allergy.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: rowboat on November 21, 2009, 09:35:01 pm
Just so everybody knows, no costume jewelry for me because I have a metal allergy.
Note to self: no costume jewelry or Slayer CDs for linnea.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Ben-San on November 21, 2009, 09:36:23 pm
You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

When you open the book a little man comes out and screams and doesn't stop screaming.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 21, 2009, 10:13:41 pm
Okay, so far I have info from 4 people, although I know more of you are interested from this thread. Just make sure you get me your info by this Friday!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on November 21, 2009, 10:39:21 pm
By yesterday?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on November 21, 2009, 10:56:25 pm
Okay, so far I have info from 4 people, although I know more of you are interested from this thread. Just make sure you get me your info by this Friday!

Dammit, people! Email your contact info to lprkn by Friday the 27th.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on November 21, 2009, 11:02:24 pm
I sent mine.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on November 22, 2009, 12:57:42 am
What do we need to submit besides contact information?

Ok, I see it further up the thread.

Can I main Internationally, yes!

Allergies?  None that I am aware of.

The rest, I am going to leave that open to the gift givers discretion.  No clothes, I like to pick out my own clothes.  My main passion is music, but I ain't gonna make a wish list, If the giver has an artist they are passionate about there's a good chance I will love them too.  I trust all of you to have good taste.

Hell I still listen to all the mix cd's I've gotten from TOUAMB, they are awesome.  In fact, germ of an idea tangent here, let's do that again.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 22, 2009, 02:37:42 am
 I trust all of you to have good taste.

Mwahahahaha....

Hell I still listen to all the mix cd's I've gotten from TOUAMB, they are awesome.  In fact, germ of an idea tangent here, let's do that again.

I would also be down for such a thing. Actual physical media or something posted somewhere on the tubes?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on November 22, 2009, 03:02:01 am
I want the physical media, cover art.  I want a package.

But I realize most folks aren't up for that anymore.  But I want to be able to download the mp3s anyway.  A playlist on youtube just won't do.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 22, 2009, 05:01:15 pm
Alright, 8 partici##### now. This is getting to be more like it!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Doc on November 23, 2009, 12:19:19 am
Friday is when I'm leaving the country for a month so it would probably be impractical for me to join in but I would be all over some mix-disc business, maybe make a point of it with a new year disc theme or something?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on November 23, 2009, 12:27:29 am
Damn, I was hoping you'd be my secret santa and send me all kinds of wombat stuff.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: dejavroom on November 23, 2009, 01:46:53 pm
You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

No, of course not. But to me it smacks a bit of lack of imagination, I mean, imagine getting a package from an enticing faraway land, all getting your imagination aflutter with possibilites, "oh wow, I bet it's a little dancing devil in a cachaça bottle", "no, it's a miniature Air Demonstration Squadron made with live Amazonian dragonflies!", then you open the box and it's the Sao Paulo phone book, 1987 (of course, I'd try to at least find an interesting book, but still...)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 23, 2009, 02:14:12 pm
No, of course not. But to me it smacks a bit of lack of imagination, I mean, imagine getting a package from an enticing faraway land, all getting your imagination aflutter with possibilites, "oh wow, I bet it's a little dancing devil in a cachaça bottle", "no, it's a miniature Air Demonstration Squadron made with live Amazonian dragonflies!", then you open the box and it's the Sao Paulo phone book, 1987 (of course, I'd try to at least find an interesting book, but still...)

Based on that imaginative post alone, I highly doubt you'd send a book that smacks of lack of imagination.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2009, 02:17:05 pm
You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

Amazon Prime does make this quite tempting.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 28, 2009, 07:22:21 pm
Alright, expect your PMs with your gift recipient's info at some point today!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 28, 2009, 08:49:00 pm
PMs have been sent to all and sundry, let me know if you have any questions!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on November 28, 2009, 09:02:56 pm
Awesome!!! I can't wait!!!

Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 29, 2009, 03:51:28 am
Being sick as ten-barrels-of-fuck caused me to forget about This Thing.

My apologies for forgetting about This Thing.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 29, 2009, 07:06:16 pm
Today I contacted a person about arranging for my recipient to receive some things. If you know what I mean.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 29, 2009, 07:37:48 pm
ugh.  i have to do research to figure out what to gift my person.....

(is it douche-y to complain?  too bad.)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on November 29, 2009, 08:46:47 pm
Oh, I am complaining. I am sure there is no way I can think of something interesting enough to give this person.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on November 29, 2009, 11:45:01 pm
Oh, I am complaining. I am sure there is no way I can think of something interesting enough to give this person.

Me too. I gotta think up something creative. Ow, my brain.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on November 30, 2009, 06:47:57 pm
Cort and Ash are On Top Of It.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 30, 2009, 07:07:02 pm
Today I contacted a person about arranging for my recipient to receive some things. If you know what I mean.
Youre sending me a hooker?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2009, 07:10:14 pm
Youre sending me a hooker?

On the advice of lprkn I can neither confirm nor deny if you are my recipient.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on November 30, 2009, 07:28:32 pm
Quote from: CortJstr
Today I contacted a person about arranging for my recipient to receive some things. If you know what I mean.


Youre sending me a hooker?

Spirochetes are "things", right?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on December 06, 2009, 11:03:13 pm
I'm planning on completely ignoring any suggestions in the PM and picking a present that I know anyone not in their right mind would enjoy.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on December 06, 2009, 11:34:12 pm
I am so hell of excited. My recipient had better like their gift.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 07, 2009, 12:27:29 am
I got a package from TX yesterday and was all "This must be my gift from Paul!" but it was just my watch back from warranty repairs. Which is cool, but less exciting.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 07, 2009, 12:31:52 am
I am having technical difficulties and will need to do more shopping before I can send my gift out. It is a good thing I got started early.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 07, 2009, 05:27:29 am
I'm planning on completely ignoring any suggestions in the PM and picking a present that I know anyone not in their right mind would enjoy.

you mean, like, white elephant-style?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 07, 2009, 06:14:02 am
Youre sending me a hooker?

Dead on Arrival, just like you asked!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2009, 06:26:07 pm
Over the past couple days I've been getting sneak previews of the gift I'm sending and holy hot damn. I have set the bar so totally high, you guys. I'm talking like T-Rex now, that is how excited I am about my person receiving it. I cannot fuck*ng wait.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2009, 07:13:38 pm
As usual, the bottleneck is at the actually-mailing stage.

Le sigh.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 10, 2009, 08:36:44 pm
As usual, the bottleneck is at the actually-mailing stage.

Le sigh.

thats my deal, but its more about $ than will.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 11, 2009, 04:39:52 am
Anyone else mailed their gift? I look forward to the unboxing pics.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jaydub on December 11, 2009, 05:35:41 am
thats my deal, but its more about $ than will.
Your gift is an anvil?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on December 11, 2009, 06:29:21 am
Anyone else mailed their gift? I look forward to the unboxing pics.

Ah fuck. People are going to take pictures of this? I missed that part.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 11, 2009, 08:30:57 am
Your gift is an anvil?

yeah.  i karate chopped a solid piece of steel and it became an anvil.

Ah fuck. People are going to take pictures of this? I missed that part.

how else is everyone to know that it really happened?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 11, 2009, 12:46:05 pm
Ah fuck. People are going to take pictures of this? I missed that part.

That is the whole point!

My gift is boxed and ready to go but it has to wait till I have finished putting together another gift that I need to mail. There is no way I am going to the post office twice in one holiday season.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 11, 2009, 02:19:21 pm
Ah fuck. People are going to take pictures of this? I missed that part.

Linnea is starting to wish she hadn't sent a pair of her own used under#####.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 11, 2009, 04:22:38 pm
Linnea is starting to wish she hadn't sent a pair of her own used under#####.

Tastes just like chicken!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 11, 2009, 05:10:41 pm
Well, whoever has my name had better mail it early, because I'm leaving on the 22nd for Orlando and won't be back 'til 2010.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 11, 2009, 05:14:13 pm
Well, whoever has my name had better mail it early, because I'm leaving on the 22nd for Orlando and won't be back 'til 2010.

I somehow read this as you leaving until October
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 11, 2009, 06:35:57 pm
I wanta to know why you people would consider mailing early like this. My recipient will be under strict orders to wait until Christmas Eve.

It's the way things are done, you know.

i like to mail early because the USPS is the government.  their poop is not in a group, at times.  if there is a problem that i can take care of, i can do so in as timely a manner as possible.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on December 12, 2009, 09:35:02 pm
Mailing early? Our postal service is kinda nutty. I just want to make sure my prezzie gets there on time. My recipient needs to make sure to read the card first.

READ
THE
CARD
FIRST,
DOGG.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 14, 2009, 01:45:15 am
My purchases are made!

ATTN: Person who I bought for...

It will look like I spent way over the suggested cost thing, I did not, I only went a little over, the things I bought I got good sales on.

Now, the adventure that is mailing things!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 14, 2009, 04:41:45 pm
because i am mailing as late as i will be(wednesday) i think my gift will probably not get to my reciever before Christmas.  and with the seasonal USPS rush, i just hope it gets there before new years....




dudes!  i just got my SS gift!  it was from linnea.  no lie, its the best hoodie i own now.

czech it:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/vanity/FIFSS1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/vanity/FIFSS2.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/vanity/FIFSS3.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/vanity/FIFSS4.jpg)

P.S. -

I
DID
INDEED
READ
THE
CARD
FIRST,
MA'AM.

I
HOPE
I
HAVE
HONORED
YOUR
WISHES
IN
A
SATISFACTORY
MANNER.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on December 14, 2009, 08:23:57 pm
Cool! Extra points awarded for use of mspaint.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on December 14, 2009, 09:42:13 pm
Hahah, you dork. That is hilarious.

It is a fine sweatshirt indeed. It was like three pounds to mail. I am glad that you enjoy it.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 14, 2009, 10:01:12 pm
Extra points awarded for use of mspaint.
'tis a not bad time killer.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 16, 2009, 10:48:33 pm
OMG, total creepy stalker Secret Santa gift!

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/2009-12-16-0033.jpg)

I mean, I believe that someone who re-read the archives devotedly could figure out that these are things that I have considered buying, but how did he know that I had not actually bought any of them yet???
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 16, 2009, 10:53:01 pm
Niiice.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 16, 2009, 11:03:55 pm
If I recall correctly, The Mayor had recommended The '59 Sound to Wombat (which I remember because it's an album I also like quite a bit). As to how he knew none of the stuff had actually been purchased? Mayor's intuition.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 16, 2009, 11:12:15 pm
...mailed!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on December 16, 2009, 11:44:19 pm
I don't give a shit if he's not my Secret Santa I want that mixdisc.

Mine is almost done.  We ARE doing a mixdisc trade right?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 17, 2009, 01:41:09 am
I don't mean to spoil the Secret Santa magic, but:  Amazon wish list.

Except for the pug toy, I just didn't want them to feel left out.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2009, 02:02:54 am
Well knock me over with a feather, I had no idea that anyone could see my Amazon wish list.

Huh, I should more careful to remove stuff from it that I have bought elsewhere.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: theinevitable on December 17, 2009, 04:54:29 am
I am interested in hearing your opinion on Mr. Klostermann. I remember really disliking him, but I do not remember why at all. it is very possible that he just said something that made me mad.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2009, 01:22:45 pm
I remember I said on the board here somewhere about a music review he wrote, that it made me want to read more of his writing instead of making me want to go out and buy the music, and I couldn't decide if that meant he had done his job as a writer really well or really badly.

But then I went to the bookstore and glanced through the book of his that they had there and thought there was definitely a chance that I would be cross if I paid full price for a whole book of his because it seemed likely that a whole book of him would be annoying. So I put it on the wish list and sat on it.

So it is the perfect present basically, something I wanted but didn't want to buy for myself.

Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 17, 2009, 02:22:28 pm
I quite like him, but I can see how other people might find him annoying.  He's the type of writer I think I could be if I spent a lot more time and energy trying to be clever.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 17, 2009, 03:15:28 pm
Now I'm afraid mine is going to look like a very small, insignificant thing.

Dear recipient: It doesn't look like much, but it came from the heart.

You guessed it. It's a pint of arterial blood.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 19, 2009, 06:20:40 am
i shipped mines yesterday.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 19, 2009, 12:48:33 pm
I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

How can you tell?

(http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/delvacahat1.jpg) (http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/delvacahat2.jpg)

CUZ IT HAS MY NAME ON IT.  THAT'S RIGHT, ME LLAMO CARLOS DEL VACA.  DO YOU HAVE A HAT LIKE THIS?  NO YOU JUST WISH YOU DID.

My imaginary internet friend Jay-Ell made it.  SHE IS RAD.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on December 19, 2009, 01:38:57 pm
Whaaaaaat!

That is pretty amazing. Makes me feel bad that my gift is from the store and not from the heart.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2009, 02:12:30 pm
Why did mine not get there yet? I am disturbed.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on December 19, 2009, 04:12:26 pm
I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

Jinkies!  That is an excellent hat and a wonderful gift.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 19, 2009, 05:18:56 pm
I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

I'm so glad it fits! I made it such that it would fit Pedro's head, you guys seem to have about the same size brains.

Also, if I can be braggy for a second, I want to point out that while the basic shape of the hat is based on a commonly used top-down technique, I designed the colorwork band pattern myself. I have knitted many, many hats for many, many people (I did sixteen of them as gifts 2 Christmases ago) but I think this is my favorite by far.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 19, 2009, 07:11:24 pm
radical hat!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on December 19, 2009, 07:19:20 pm
Why did mine not get there yet? I am disturbed.

In this episode I attempt to simultaneously ease your mind and leave you disturbed all over again (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4198143774/).

(The package arrived sometime yesterday and was left on my porch.  I saw it when I was on my way out to play last night.  I opened it up this morning.)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 19, 2009, 07:30:28 pm
What are the ones I can kind of see around the edges?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2009, 07:32:31 pm
Wombats!

That photo is awesome.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 19, 2009, 08:32:12 pm
Awesome hat!  Awesome cookies!  I am overcome with the awesomeness.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 20, 2009, 03:03:59 am
Mine arrived today (you can relax), but I am having a camera fail. Pics soon.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 22, 2009, 04:25:50 am
Pics! Because waiting 'til the last day before I leave home isn't good enough, I have waited 'til the last hour.

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2729/4204665177_7b213dc15d.jpg)

"You have received a gift subscription to art! from [CortJstr]. This installment includes music by Dominick Parris and Rachel England (art). You will recieve two more installments from other dispatch artists. Enjoy your art experience"

Full photoset here (http://flickr.com/gp/95126447@N00/589170).

Thank you, Cort! This is an awesome gift, so unique. I feel...worldlier.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 22, 2009, 04:41:12 am
Can someone please explain what exactly Cort gave JL, Im lost.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on December 22, 2009, 04:48:02 am
It's a custom-designed piece of art, and the CD (I just found out via chat) has 3 songs that the songwriter/singer wrote specifically for my son! I will get 2 more installments of art (and maybe music? we'lll find out!) over the next 2 months from different artists chosen by Cort. I think he can explain it better, though.

Edit: Check out the flicker photoset, the captions explain a lot.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 22, 2009, 04:50:33 am
Can someone please explain what exactly Cort gave JL, Im lost.

I got her a 3 month subscription to Project Dispatch (http://projectdispatch.biz). So each month she'll get some kind of art from a different artist around the country.

This package is a CD with 3 songs written by Dominick Parris and his son Jones (age 4). The songs were written with Little P in mind. Rachel England sewed the holder-dealie and created the inserts.

The other installments will likely be different. I'd asked for it to be two random artists but Nick had so much fun he was talking about taking over the whole subscription.

The other artists do everything from music to collage to paintings. My favorite is a woman who takes those little pyramid photo-viewers you get at amusement parks and in front of the pictures she puts tiny figurines of animals to create a 3D effect.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on December 23, 2009, 05:21:08 am
Not really Secret Santa, but awhile ago I expressed interest in this Daisy Owl poster (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic_images/thumbs/posterzoom_ptree.gif). Bluemoon said she'd be happy to get it for me, and lo and behold, it showed up yesterday! Looks just like the picture, except signed by Ben Driscoll.

It also included a sweet little note from Bluemoon by way of Ben, with a cool little doodle of Mr Owl on it, thusly:

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/photo.jpg) (pen included to show scale)

So, thanks a million to Mr Driscoll and the inimitable Ms Bluemoon! I plan on mounting and/or framing this thing someplace.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 23, 2009, 05:22:58 am
bluemune is one of the best ladies out there.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on December 23, 2009, 07:49:36 am
Blue Moon is a wonderful lady.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: CortJstr on December 24, 2009, 01:19:59 am
Today I received a package from a certain Asherdan.

It's a 45/70 Government cartridge with a hosshair brush from the tail of the hoss made famous via many posts here.

I appreciate holding back on the key ring aspect.

(http://www.cortjstr.com/images/ssanta.jpg)

I read the letter describing it before I opened the actual package which left me with quite the interesting mental picture of what was inside. The part about hoss Farts was particularly vivid.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 24, 2009, 04:30:04 am
an awesomestrange gift.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 24, 2009, 04:49:59 am
Usually when someone mails you a single bullet with your name on it, It. Is. Cause. For. Alarm.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 24, 2009, 04:57:22 am
Awww, lprkn, shucks.  Awwww, Paul and Tony.  I'm all kicking at the dirt and smiling shyly up from under my lashes.

I'm glad you got it, Pat.  Sorry again for the delay.  I've been a little low, and procrastinatey.  

Speaking of which, my Secret Santa gift will go out in the mail either tomorrow or Saturday.  I guess it will be fashionably late.  So if someone out there is wondering where their special package is, it's safe in my hands for now.  I legitimately had to wait for a custom-made part to come in, but it arrived almost a week ago; then I procrastinated putting the pieces together.  :}
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on December 24, 2009, 06:48:36 am
Usually when someone mails you a single bullet with your name on it, It. Is. Cause. For. Alarm.

But it's not just Cort's name that's on it, the entire forum's name is on it too.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSHHHIIIIITTTTT
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on December 24, 2009, 07:51:31 am
Pffft, it's just one bullet.


(thinks about WWI, Abraham Lincoln, Jack and Bobby, etc.)


ohhhh shiiiiiitttt
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 24, 2009, 08:50:48 am
I'm just getting a little worried that my secret Santa package that I sent out might not have gotten there properly.

We are still in the long-end of the normal range of when it could be received, around the holidays and all, but still I am paranoid.

Though as a liberal, I am all for quasi-governmental jobs where little actual work is accomplished efficiently so that the marginally-competent can raise their kids and stuff, as a person who is alive, I am paranoid that the post office lost something else I sent.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2009, 02:25:15 pm
That is wow. More original, also, longer-lasting than cookies. I am impressed.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on December 24, 2009, 03:32:35 pm
longer-lasting than cookies.

I was thinking about lacquering them.

PS- The Wombats have all been consumed.  And one of the Rays.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2009, 03:46:51 pm
If you're serious, I tried that with some bread dough ornaments once and they eventually came to an unpleasant end.

The cookies are actually modelled after some clay refrigerator magnets I made which are much more permanent but far less tasty.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on December 24, 2009, 03:49:55 pm
I guess I should just eat 'em then huh?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2009, 08:51:42 pm
I guess I should just eat 'em then huh?

They have been immortalized in a photo, after all. Eat them.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 25, 2009, 07:31:10 pm
I'm just getting a little worried that my secret Santa package that I sent out might not have gotten there properly.

We are still in the long-end of the normal range of when it could be received, around the holidays and all, but still I am paranoid.

Though as a liberal, I am all for quasi-governmental jobs where little actual work is accomplished efficiently so that the marginally-competent can raise their kids and stuff, as a person who is alive, I am paranoid that the post office lost something else I sent.

Much rejoicing in the bluemoon household today, because lo, the Secret Santa gift has arrived!  With a lovely and heartfelt explanatory note!  I love Peter Sagal, I listen to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" every week!  In fact, when I finally go to Chicago someday, I will try attend a taping! And I love vice!  And I love David Bowie and learning about new television shows I haven't yet discovered!

I am chuffed!

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/4213195295_3c9b08b0f7.jpg)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 25, 2009, 09:01:22 pm
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/4213195295_3c9b08b0f7.jpg)

once you learn about some of those naughty things, youll have to clue us in, dig?  or maybe me, since im one of a small number of "goody-goody" in this group.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2009, 10:34:11 pm
I am utterly glad that they found you, blue, and found you well.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: schnitzelbank on December 30, 2009, 02:32:18 am
There was a package from Mr. Trout today! Noticing a sloshing sound in a package sent from Baltimore, I took the usual precautions:
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/schnitzelbank/protectivegear.jpeg)
Just in case there was Natty Boh inside, I assumed a defensive posture:
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/schnitzelbank/unboxing.jpeg)
Inside was the following:
Inflatable packing materials! Huzzah!
The Room http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/
Gary Busey is: The Gingerdead Man http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364376/
Santa's Slay http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393685/ A pun. I see what you did there.
Last but certainly not least, enough Pikesville Supreme Straight Rye Whiskey to heighten the movie watching experience and keep my liver from getting uppity for the rest of the year!
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/schnitzelbank/boozybooze.jpeg)
Thanks Mr. Trout!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 30, 2009, 02:52:11 am
That was like... a photo story! Well done. Can'd.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 30, 2009, 07:46:23 am
i dont have a "WWII-item fetish", but the idea of a lady owning such makes me interested in knowing that lady.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on December 30, 2009, 08:06:17 am
Extra points for presentation!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 03, 2010, 03:33:25 pm
It's not a neck bozack, it's a placenta but she was too classy to put it where placentae go.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 03, 2010, 03:47:06 pm
She looked at me funny when I was trying to explain that giraffe placenta is ... a thing ... on the board.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on January 03, 2010, 04:45:03 pm
Are you sure that "giraffe" placenta doesn't mean "giraffe" placenta?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on January 03, 2010, 05:05:36 pm
Are you sure that "giraffe" placenta doesn't mean "giraffe" placenta?

Now only the old timers will know for sure.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 03, 2010, 07:07:01 pm
Now only the old timers will know for sure.

It shouldn't be that hard to find out. I mean, giraffe don't even have placentas.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: miles on January 04, 2010, 01:32:44 am
Oh sure, you would know that.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: schnitzelbank on January 04, 2010, 03:54:24 am

The ornament I do Not recognize the pattern on, still, cool.


It's a hamsa, just in case you find yourself needing to ward off the evil eye.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: theinevitable on January 04, 2010, 04:58:37 am
I had Natty Boh yesterday, and I thought it was pretty damn good.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2010, 05:14:59 am
I had Natty Boh yesterday, and I thought it was pretty damn good.

It is okay to admit that you are wrong.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2010, 02:23:58 pm
I am interested in hearing your opinion on Mr. Klostermann. I remember really disliking him, but I do not remember why at all. it is very possible that he just said something that made me mad.

I finished the book.

I had to put it down and walk away a few times before I got into it. He is aggressively clever to the extent that it can be irritating.

In the end though, once I gave into it, the thing is, he can write a good sentence and a good paragraph, and even if it's not always clear if the paragraphs add up to anything in the end, I am willing to cut a person a lot of slack for those two things. There were lots of bits where I folded down the page so I could find it later. It is only fair to see that as counterbalancing the times one wishes to poke him in the eye.

Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2010, 03:12:08 pm
It is okay to admit that you are wrong.

I'm not sure, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that coming to an operational realization of this simple fact is a good definition of maturity.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 04, 2010, 06:15:48 pm
I finished the book.

I had to put it down and walk away a few times before I got into it. He is aggressively clever to the extent that it can be irritating.

In the end though, once I gave into it, the thing is, he can write a good sentence and a good paragraph, and even if it's not always clear if the paragraphs add up to anything in the end, I am willing to cut a person a lot of slack for those two things. There were lots of bits where I folded down the page so I could find it later. It is only fair to see that as counterbalancing the times one wishes to poke him in the eye.

Man, that is the exact way to describe him, only I value the overall point, or at least like going for an overall point, over a sentence.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2010, 07:01:36 pm
Of course, the ideal is that the sentences are great AND they add up to something. But I've had to lower my expectations.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2010, 07:23:04 pm
I've developed kind of a low tolerance for great sentences that don't add up to great stories.  It's not that I don't appreciate a great sentence, because I do.  But I get bored admiring an author's stylistic pyrotechnics if it doesn't support plot or characterization. 

It's why I never finished William Gibson's last book and had to struggle through Idoru. 
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2010, 07:56:46 pm
These are nonfiction pieces, and they're not too long. In a novel I agree, it's not enough.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 04, 2010, 08:10:51 pm
I've developed kind of a low tolerance for great sentences that don't add up to great stories.  It's not that I don't appreciate a great sentence, because I do.  But I get bored admiring an author's stylistic pyrotechnics if it doesn't support plot or characterization. 

It's why I never finished William Gibson's last book and had to struggle through Idoru. 

And I with DFW's Infinite Jest.  My patience for his brilliance was, sadly, finite.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2010, 08:22:18 pm
And I with DFW's Infinite Jest. 

Yeah, me too.  Although I do intend to make another stab at it.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Choop on January 04, 2010, 08:28:05 pm
poor billy gibson. he doesn't want to write novels, i don't think. he wants to write paintings. paintings of a dyspeptic future wherein artificial sentience evolves of its own accord and hides itself.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: smick on January 04, 2010, 09:44:55 pm
It's a hamsa, just in case you find yourself needing to ward off the evil eye.

Brumski?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Doc on January 05, 2010, 07:56:46 am
And I with DFW's Infinite Jest.  My patience for his brilliance was, sadly, finite.

I thought that did kind of build to something, there are certainly repeating themes. In any case enough interesting characters lets me ignore less than cohesive plots. On the other hand I read a review somewhere with CFW saying he'd designed that book to be like a serpinski gasket. I'm not even sure how that's meant to make sense but it makes me want to read it again with a notebook. 
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jay-ell on January 06, 2010, 07:54:07 pm
We could do a birthday exchange - draw names and have one person responsible for sending a birthday gift on behalf of the rest of the board. That would keep the fun going all year long.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on January 06, 2010, 08:26:45 pm
ummm... I haven't gotten any surprises in the mail yet. But perhaps it was coming from overseas and got held up in customs? I guess I shouldn't have requested those bestiality videos.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 06, 2010, 08:38:05 pm
ummm... I haven't gotten any surprises in the mail yet. But perhaps it was coming from overseas and got held up in customs? I guess I shouldn't have requested those bestiality videos.

I may have reported you to the authorities for sending an obviously deadly poison to my home.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on January 06, 2010, 08:41:24 pm
...obviously deadly poison...

You know, I'm actually not sure whether you are talking about the movies or the whiskey.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 06, 2010, 08:42:10 pm
Has this thing wrapped or are there more surprises to be posted?

as far as i know, my gift is waiting to be recieved.  its troubling because i shipped it on 12/18 and it was headed to neighboring state..... :(


also, i vote for the birthday surprise idea.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 06, 2010, 08:44:26 pm
You know, I'm actually not sure whether you are talking about the movies or the whiskey.

The "whiskey". The movies are awesome. :)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 06, 2010, 09:13:00 pm
as far as i know, my gift is waiting to be recieved.  its troubling because i shipped it on 12/18 and it was headed to neighboring state..... :(


also, i vote for the birthday surprise idea.
I have it dude, I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on January 06, 2010, 10:25:25 pm
Has this thing wrapped or are there more surprises to be posted?

BTW: Good Job people. This was fun.

Will a follow on list be made available so I can mail people random stuff when the urge strikes me? I know that was discussed earlier, but am hazy on the resolution.

Everyone give porkin a hand-can for doing the scut work, while you're here.

Thanks.

We still have a couple of people who haven't received their gifts yet, but I have been assured that the fix is in on those.

I was waiting for this gift exchange to be over to publish the list of addresses (by pm of course), but seeing as how that hasn't happened yet (ahem), I'll probably start a thread on it later today or tomorrow. Those of you who expressed interest are already on the list, the rest will be able to sign up once I start the thread.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on January 06, 2010, 10:34:16 pm
Also, pm me if you haven't yet received your gift and we'll track things down.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: lprkn on January 08, 2010, 03:49:03 am
If my reckoning is correct, Mr Trout and LFM have still not received their gifts.

Secret Santas, you have until Friday the 15th of January to appropriately assure me that their gifts are at least on their way. (A tracking number is best)

Or you will be exposed and shamed for your true natures.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 08, 2010, 04:03:33 am
the secret santas have ADHD
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 08, 2010, 04:14:52 am
I ain't got my Secret Santa thing yet but... I dunno, I'm not bothered by it all that much, myself.

I'll gets eventually and, anyway, I'm a quarter Russian and Russian Christmas was just yesterday and so by my math, it is only 75% late at most.

Maybe I'll even have my girlfriend's new camphone figured out by then to actually take pictures.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 08, 2010, 04:36:32 am
I ain't got my Secret Santa thing yet but... I dunno, I'm not bothered by it all that much, myself.

I'll gets eventually and, anyway, I'm a quarter Russian and Russian Christmas was just yesterday and so by my math, it is only 75% late at most.

Maybe I'll even have my girlfriend's new camphone figured out by then to actually take pictures.

Nuh-uh, Russian Christmas is today!  And I ADHDed my best friend Anna's present too!  Yours and hers are both reaching their destinations next week. /shame
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 08, 2010, 05:43:07 pm
Thank you Green man! There is a scarf (did you make this?), a book of zombie haikus, and three hemp necklaces, wrapped in x-man paper. Two of them are "faggy".
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Photo7.jpg?t=1262972247)
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Photo13.jpg?t=1262972452)
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Photo9.jpg?t=1262972480)
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Photo8.jpg?t=1262972514)
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Untitled.jpg?t=1262972538)
This is a dancing ninja.
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/Ninja-Dance.gif?t=1262972567)
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: jaydub on January 08, 2010, 05:50:29 pm
Cool.  Haiku spelled backward is "Ukiah", which is the name of a rad Northern California town.  Also a code name for a project I'm working on here at my jorb.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 08, 2010, 07:54:06 pm
i totally built that scarf with my bare hands.  and a crochet hook.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Doc on January 09, 2010, 03:14:55 am
i totally built that scarf with my bare hands.  and a crochet hook.

I appreciate this concept.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: schnitzelbank on January 10, 2010, 04:32:08 pm
You know, I'm actually not sure whether you are talking about the movies or the whiskey.

The whiskey is destined to be added to fruit and butter in a pan, then set on fire before being added to a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream. It will be dispatched like a Viking. A fruitthatwastypedandmodified-flavored Viking.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Mr Trout on January 12, 2010, 11:22:54 pm
A fruitthatwastypedandmodified-flavored Viking.

That phrase was so much better originally.

Also that sounds like the best thing to do next to drinking it. I'm happy it will meet such a noble end.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 13, 2010, 06:45:37 am
Someday, in the far future, Internet archaeologists will try to reconstruct the original state of this thread, and they will fail horribly, and their grants will not be renewed.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 13, 2010, 08:32:51 am
At least they'll REALLY enjoy the profile pictures along the way.

Seriously.

Cross-eyed owl. Scrooge McPimp. Drunkaroo. Reading bear. Warhol with roses. Lady hiding behind a pineapple too small to hide behind. Glowing glasses anime thing. Horrifying cat monster that really really hates rain. Punctuation full of self-doubt.

Would they assume this was a functional cultural interplay? Would they assume that these were mainstream cultural references?

"Was there a show about ladies attempting to hide behind fruit and mostly failing?"
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: Doc on January 13, 2010, 09:11:56 am
Unfortunately it turns out Asherdan's superior progeny over-run future and they all disable avatars.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2010, 01:45:53 pm
Unfortunately it turns out Asherdan's superior progeny over-run future and they all disable avatars.

Nooooooooo!!!!
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2010, 11:04:35 pm
Linnea, did you ever receive your gift?
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: linnea on January 19, 2010, 05:53:42 am
Linnea, did you ever receive your gift?

No. I have been checking at the post office every day.
Title: Re: Secret Santa
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2010, 06:00:36 am
I, too, still lack the dark power of Secret Satan.

THE DARK POWER!

MU-hahahahahahaha.