The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 25, 2011, 09:30:49 pm

Title: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 25, 2011, 09:30:49 pm
I think I had a topic like this way back when, but I thought it might be interesting and instructive to start up a new one, especially considering that AW is playing shows now (anyone who caught that ought to give us a review).

April 8th: The English Beat (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-english-beat-p4194/biography) - Ska. I'm pretty psyched about this show. I wouldn't call myself a big fan, but they've got some songs that are definitely deep in my ol' brainpan. I had forgotten that Ranking Roger was in this band before General Public.

April 11th: Raphael Saadiq (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/raphael-saadiq-p168577/biography) - formerly of  Tony! Toni! Toné! Used to be New Jack Swing, I guess. He's more old school R&B (think Smokey Robinson). I'm pretty excited about this show. He played Portland several years ago, but I wasn't in town.

May 20th: The Thermals (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-thermals-p553602/biography) - local sort of power-pop supergroup, I guess. We saw them open for somebody several years ago but I can't remember who, and I think we may have shown up halfway through. Anyway, it ought to be fun.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 26, 2011, 03:05:04 am
April 8th: The English Beat (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-english-beat-p4194/biography) - Ska. I'm pretty psyched about this show. I wouldn't call myself a big fan, but they've got some songs that are definitely deep in my ol' brainpan. I had forgotten that Ranking Roger was in this band before General Public.

If you're not a big fan, you're perhaps not aware that there are now two English Beats: The English Beat, which tours North America and has Dave Wakeling, and The Beat, which tours Britain and Europe and has Ranking Roger. Oddly enough, both are playing shows on April 8th - The English Beat in Portland, Oregon, and The Beat in Waterford, Ireland.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2011, 04:19:35 am
Wilco is coming up in May.  I'm expecting to be given free tickets by people that can get them.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 26, 2011, 07:24:07 am
I am seeing Beans in April, maybe Queens of the Stone Age in April and another show I can't remember.  Oh Mike Watt and the Missingmen.  April 22.  Beans is April 26.  He is opening for someone I can't remember the name of, but it is kinda electro-y.  I saw him open for Tortoise like 6 years ago in OKC, just using a portable cd player +cdr for beats.  It was fuck*ng sick.

Beans was in Anti-Pop Consortium for anyone who finds that info useful.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on March 26, 2011, 07:40:21 am
holy crap!

in the next month:
Ty Segall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVDcwwZFXc), The Fresh & Onlys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNjDwYNPCBQ), Black Lips, Vivian Girls, Lightning Bolt. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRt5E-JJfg)

YEAHH.

I have previously seen Vivian Girls, Black Lips, and Lightning Bolt. All are awesome. and Ty Segall put out my favorite record of last year (by a lot).

Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 26, 2011, 02:50:21 pm
If you're not a big fan, you're perhaps not aware that there are now two English Beats: The English Beat, which tours North America and has Dave Wakeling, and The Beat, which tours Britain and Europe and has Ranking Roger. Oddly enough, both are playing shows on April 8th - The English Beat in Portland, Oregon, and The Beat in Waterford, Ireland.

Weird - what I read said the only reason the English Beat was called that was to differentiate them from the Beat, as if they were two very different bands.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 26, 2011, 03:21:56 pm
Weird - what I read said the only reason the English Beat was called that was to differentiate them from the Beat, as if they were two very different bands.

They were, but back in the 80's. The Beat, the British band with Wakeling and Roger, was called The English Beat in North America, to distinguish them from the completely unrelated band The Beat, who were from LA. The Beat from LA were known as Paul Collins' Beat in Europe, to distinguish them from The (English) Beat.

Today however, The (English) Beat have split up; Roger's side of the split tours mostly Europe, so they've kept the original name, The Beat, whereas Wakeling's side tours mostly North America, so they're now officially The English Beat.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 26, 2011, 04:26:59 pm
Kind of like Wham! and Wham! UK.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 27, 2011, 02:38:09 am
I want to see the Black Lips so bad.  I went to their myspace, and they slowly move west, then stop in kansas city, go to texas then europe.  Fuck dudes, just come to colorado.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 27, 2011, 06:21:04 am
I want to see the Black Lips so bad.  I went to their myspace, and they slowly move west, then stop in kansas city, go to texas then europe.  Fuck dudes, just come to colorado.

They're coming to SLC in mid June. I just checked for you, June 19 at Bluebird Theater.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 27, 2011, 06:28:39 am
I saw Calexico today in Tucson. That was pretty cool. Next week is Acid Mothers Temple, Mike Watt in a few weeks (he came around a couple years ago and it was so good), then the Black Angels and Cass McCombs the first weekend of May. And of course Black Lips in June. And a few others I don't have tickets for but may go.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 27, 2011, 06:39:22 am
Oh shit, after they come back from Europe, nice!

Bluebird is the best venue in denver too.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 27, 2011, 08:40:43 am
I am going to see the Black Lips (my favorite band) at Bluebird (my favorite venue) on June 19th.  It will be sick.  The first time in a while I am seeing one of my favorite bands in their absolute prime.  I missed the Black Angels cause I didn't think the would sell out, but if they are coming to SLC maybe they will come to Denver again.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 27, 2011, 03:44:54 pm
Yeah, I would check to see if the Black Angels are headed your way too. They were in SLC recently and I missed it because I was busy studying. I wish I could make it down to the Austin Psych Fest which is the week before.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 27, 2011, 09:03:05 pm
May 5th my friend.  Thanks for the tips
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Choop on March 27, 2011, 10:40:33 pm
Cosi fan Tutti in a couple weeks
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on March 27, 2011, 11:42:03 pm
considering that AW is playing shows now (anyone who caught that ought to give us a review).

This needs expansion and elucidation.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: AugustWest on March 28, 2011, 12:33:12 am
This needs expansion and elucidation.

AW as in me?

 
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2011, 01:42:47 am
Casa Bonita is the best venue in Denver.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 28, 2011, 03:54:24 pm
AW as in me?

 

Did I get the wrong person? I could have sworn it was you, but I didn't actually go back and check. I may be all fucked up.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2011, 04:59:00 pm
AW as in me?

Yes, you.  So how did it go?

Inev, Pokey LaFarge is playing in your town this Thursday (http://www.reverbnation.com/show/4204489).
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2011, 05:05:11 pm
yeah! It is their release party for their single produced by Jack White. Cool. I think I will be able to go, I get off work at 7 that day.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: AugustWest on March 28, 2011, 05:09:27 pm
Yes, you.  So how did it go?


It went just great.  Neither of us forgot the words or how to play or otherwise fucked up.  Buddy broke a string right after the first verse of "Wild hosss", our first song, but we handled it with aplomb -- he just went and got my guitar and jumped right back in.  There were about 75 people in the room and we got some nice applause.

It was a good experience and I think we'll try to play in public some more.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 28, 2011, 05:22:14 pm
It went just great.  Neither of us forgot the words or how to play or otherwise fucked up.  Buddy broke a string right after the first verse of "Wild hosss", our first song, but we handled it with aplomb -- he just went and got my guitar and jumped right back in.  There were about 75 people in the room and we got some nice applause.

It was a good experience and I think we'll try to play in public some more.

I'm soliciting advice on musical instruments in this thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5970.0.html), if you can help a brother out.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2011, 08:09:44 am
Saw the English Beat (or part of them, I guess) tonight. Good, fun show. Tight band. I was pretty shocked to see so many people out, and many of them apparently members of the fan club or something. Pogoing, skanking, people generally freaking out. Lot of pharmaceuticals in the crowd tonight. Also, it's their 32nd anniversary this week - they played their first show the week after Three Mile Island went up.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on April 12, 2011, 06:38:22 pm
Saw the Raphael Saadiq show. Holy crap was that ever a blast! 8-piece band (including him, because he plays a tele about half the time). Very, very rocking. I highly recommend his show.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on April 15, 2011, 04:13:41 am
Smick, you going to take another shot at Black Francis? He's playing the Aladdin May 6th.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on April 15, 2011, 05:13:40 pm
Oh...hmmm...

I'm wary.  I've been hurt before...
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on April 15, 2011, 05:24:28 pm
Listen to Bluefinger.  It's really good.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Doc on April 16, 2011, 02:17:24 am
Just got tickets to see Ben Folds backed up by local girl Kate Miller-Heidke the week after my birthday. Pretty psyched.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on April 16, 2011, 02:41:46 pm
Just got tickets to see Ben Folds backed up by local girl Kate Miller-Heidke the week after my birthday. Pretty psyched.

Given the option, I would do this thing.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on June 23, 2011, 11:47:31 am
I'm going to see Arctic Monkeys in August and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on June 26, 2011, 08:15:40 pm
Saw Bill Callahan (dude from Smog, guess he just goes by his name now) last night and it was good. Also think I've found my new favorite venue in Salt Lake. Anyway, if he hits your town you could do worse than see him.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on July 17, 2011, 06:16:31 pm
Casa Bonita is the best venue in Denver.

Heh. Just got this. Or, just read this. I am terrible with the whole concept of threads. I'll look at a few posts in a thread because of stuff that catches my eye, and then weeks or months later I'll go back to find something and see something else that I missed the first time around.

Smick, you going to take another shot at Black Francis? He's playing the Aladdin May 6th.

Missed a chance to see him on Friday. At my new favorite venue in SLC. Oh well.

Lots of shows over the next few months.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 18, 2011, 01:45:59 pm
I have two extra lawn tickets for Kings of Leon and Band of hosss at the Venue Formerly Known as Nissan Pavilion on August 9, if anyone is innerested.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 18, 2011, 06:30:29 pm
oh shit oh shit oh shit
The National, Yo La Tengo and Wye Oak at Merriweather Post, September 6.
That's the day after Labor Day. Do I drop a bunch of cash for a show way the fuck over in Maryland on a school night?  DAMMIT.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 02, 2011, 03:04:35 pm
I have two extra lawn tickets for Kings of Leon and Band of hosss at the Venue Formerly Known as Nissan Pavilion on August 9, if anyone is innerested.

Yeah. KoL just cancelled the rest of their US tour. They're officially citing "vocal issues and exhaustion," but there's rampant speculation that there are alcohol issues, or just that the band members really fuck*ng hate each other right now. BoH is apparently trying to rebook elsewhere.

Guess I can afford those tickets to The National's show now.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 02, 2011, 10:57:41 pm
All that sex being on fire can catch up to a dude.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 02, 2011, 11:35:25 pm
sex on fire=VD
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2011, 07:32:32 pm
I'm going to see the Eels next week. On the one hand, not the best time to be seeing that particular band. On the other, I've always wanted to see them, and this is when it happens to be.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 03, 2011, 07:50:47 pm
Just saw the Eels in Brooklyn Saturday.

So good. SO GOOD.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2011, 08:03:54 pm
Night after the Eels I'm seeing Arctic Monkeys.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on August 04, 2011, 04:23:56 pm
My girlfriend took me to see Sia last week. I'd never heard of her but the show was sold out. It was weird. I've never seen so much audience interaction. Some guy passed a shirt up to her so she put it down her panties.

Coming up: Bess Rogers (again), Jenny Owen Youngs (maybe, because fuck H St.), TMBG, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down (as an opener)
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on August 04, 2011, 11:50:59 pm
Free Thurston Moore show tonight, Kurt Vile opening. Word.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 05, 2011, 12:48:09 am
My next two shows I got tickets for are...

The Rifftrax theatrical simulcast in mid-August and the Cinematic Titanic liveshow in Times Square in mid-September.

Because I am the hugest of nerds.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on September 19, 2011, 05:09:15 am
Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on September 19, 2011, 06:03:50 am
Some guy who is from Mount Eerie is coming here soon. Apparently the fact that I have not heard them means I'm not indie rock dude at all. My friends react like I am saying "I've never heard Pixies" or something. What I have heard so far sounds good.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 19, 2011, 09:41:32 pm
Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.

There are copious amounts of rad associated with these guys, yes.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Mr Trout on September 19, 2011, 10:42:17 pm
Some guy who is from Mount Eerie is coming here soon. Apparently the fact that I have not heard them means I'm not indie rock dude at all. My friends react like I am saying "I've never heard Pixies" or something. What I have heard so far sounds good.

Is it Phil Elverum? He's the main songwriter/vocalist. I saw him a number of years ago in Philly and he was really good. Did you ever listen to The Microphones? That was the band he was in before he started Mount Eerie.

This is one of my favorite songs of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9Fugvy7wI&feature=related
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 20, 2011, 02:11:06 am
Busy weekend for me.  Weird Al on Friday and BestFest on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday's headliner are the Toadies and Sunday it's Cake.  It's gonna be a good weekend.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 20, 2011, 12:48:17 pm
Busy weekend for me.  Weird Al on Friday and BestFest on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday's headliner are the Toadies and Sunday it's Cake.  It's gonna be a good weekend.

The Toadies are still together?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 20, 2011, 03:06:15 pm
The Toadies are still together?

Reunited, apparently.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 20, 2011, 08:51:08 pm
I wonder how many people go up to the Toadies and ask what happened to The Wet Sprocket and then laugh really loudly each day.

This must happen dozens of times every day.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 20, 2011, 09:14:52 pm
Someone I knew in college always referred to TtWS as the Toadies. I thought it was pretty surprising that she would like them, until I figured out what was going on.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on September 22, 2011, 05:27:58 am
Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.

I was supposed to see them last night, but I was unceremoniously sent to Chicago.  I got to see pictures from the ladyfriend and the friend who used my ticket instead of me...so that's pretty good...right?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 22, 2011, 07:40:00 am
I saw TV on the Radio and Broken Social Scene today.  It was alright, I guess.  The people standing around us were the worst people I have ever been around.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 22, 2011, 07:19:51 pm
I saw TV on the Radio and Broken Social Scene today.  It was alright, I guess.  The people standing around us were the worst people I have ever been around.

The older I get, the less I like fans of the music I listen to.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on September 22, 2011, 07:28:25 pm
The older I get, the less I like fans of the music I listen to.

Ladyfriend is still a fan of going right up and getting as close to the stage as she can muster.   I always end up giving her this look that I'm pretty sure she mentally translates to, "When is Matlock on?  Is it time for my cocoa?"
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 22, 2011, 07:33:42 pm
The last few times I went to the stage I had to get physical with some folks for not being neighborly. I hate that shit.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2011, 07:40:03 pm
I still like to go right up to the stage.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2011, 08:45:01 pm
I still like to go right up to the stage.

I base it on how big a fan I am of the band. If I know every word to most every song then I'm as close to front row as possible. Otherwise I'll hang back.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2011, 08:59:21 pm
I like to get 'so close to stage I'll probably scare the band' to paraphrase Mike Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 22, 2011, 09:21:54 pm
I still like to go right up to the stage.

Oh hell no. I watch from the balcony these days.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 22, 2011, 09:53:40 pm
Yeah, in a standing room only show, I have to really love the band to stand up front where there's nowhere to sit without losing your place...

Because being heavy and out of shape, standing through the two opening acts and then the show means I'm on my feet standing in one place for four hours.

Which means I won't be able to walk the next day.

Which means I have to really love the damn act.

I think I've done this twice in the last two years, for Tim and Eric in Albany and the Eels in Brooklyn. This is how much I love those acts, I gave up walking for a day for them.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 22, 2011, 11:32:35 pm
The last few times I went to the stage I had to get physical with some folks for not being neighborly. I hate that shit.

you were fighting skinheads at hXc shows?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 23, 2011, 12:22:55 am
you were fighting skinheads at hXc shows?

I went and saw the Cult and the Cliks with my wife and some fuck*ng drunken douchebag was flailing his arms, lashing out with his elbows. It's one thing to do shit like that at a Dwarves show or something, but the Cult is sort of hippieish. So when he was pogoing I grabbed him by the waistband and tossed him over the security barrier.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2011, 12:42:02 am
That is why you are the coolest person in the world.  I love this. 
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2011, 01:07:44 am
I went and saw the Cult and the Cliks with my wife and some fuck*ng drunken douchebag was flailing his arms, lashing out with his elbows. It's one thing to do shit like that at a Dwarves show or something, but the Cult is sort of hippieish. So when he was pogoing I grabbed him by the waistband and tossed him over the security barrier.

The Cliks? Is that the band with the f-to-me transgendered lead singer? Their first album is pretty awesome and does not sound like the kind of music people would get crazy to
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on September 23, 2011, 04:14:31 am
My girlfriend gets as close as humanly possible to any band, even if she doesn't particularly like them. My impulse at any show is to wander randomly around the crowd. These come into conflict.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 23, 2011, 04:19:07 am
I went and saw the Cult and the Cliks with my wife and some fuck*ng drunken douchebag was flailing his arms, lashing out with his elbows. It's one thing to do shit like that at a Dwarves show or something, but the Cult is sort of hippieish. So when he was pogoing I grabbed him by the waistband and tossed him over the security barrier.

the cult, eh?  hm.

werent they originally called 'southern death cult'?

also, you get a can for that.  dave grohl and ian mackay would be proud.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 23, 2011, 04:27:49 am
Yes, originally SDC. It's the guy who joined the Doors for just a little bit to tour with them. I wouldn't have even fucked with this clown, but I kept trying to get the security guy's attention and would glance over and blow me off. I'm not having some asshole bash my wife in the face and re-break her nose.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on September 23, 2011, 11:24:56 am
I went and saw the Cult and the Cliks with my wife and some fuck*ng drunken douchebag was flailing his arms, lashing out with his elbows. It's one thing to do shit like that at a Dwarves show or something, but the Cult is sort of hippieish. So when he was pogoing I grabbed him by the waistband and tossed him over the security barrier.

At some point I noticed that a lot of douche bags were showing up at Built to Spill shows. Probably primarily 21+ shows in Salt Lake. You'd think some of these dudes had never had a beer before, right? Well, at this one show there was a guy up front with a pretty nice camera snapping some photos. Keep in mind this is Built to Spill and not Suicidal Tendencies, so he had reasonable expectations of keeping his camera safe. We were a couple rows back and noticed this drunk dickhead flailing his arms and weaving back and forth kinda violently, and he kept bumping the photographer. So after a while the guy has had enough and turns toward the douche bag and kinda gets into it with him. Doesn't throw any punches but gets into his face and there's some yelling and then there's some shoving. And then, out of nowhere, like a bird of prey rising from its nest with it's wings spread wide, an enormous security guard appears from the barrier between the crowd and the stage and lifts both guys by the back of their collars up off their feet, gracefully but forcefully carries (OK, maybe drags, but in my memory the dudes were at least a foot off the ground the whole time) them through the crowd, which of course quickly parts, and throws the dudes out. Totally sucked for the photographer but its not like any of us were going to get in the security guard's face and tell him about it.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2011, 01:51:44 pm
Tonight I'm seeing The Head and the Heart with Thao with the Get Down Stay Down opening.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2011, 03:52:31 pm
Weird Al Tonight.  Toadies tomorrow.  Cake on Sunday.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on September 23, 2011, 04:24:59 pm
Cake are a band I loved in High School, and I'm kind of scared to listen to them now because I want to remember them fondly.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 23, 2011, 06:19:35 pm
Cake is playing at Edgefield (or maybe they did this summer). That's where I saw Al Green and Crowded House. It's where Willie Nelson played. Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Flaming Lips, Etta James, Wilco . . . I mean, I like Cake (and cake) but do they fit there?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2011, 08:32:50 pm
I wanted to see Cake when they were in town but tickets were expensive, the pre-sale was like 3 months in advance, and according to my friend who sees a lot of shows they tend to have shitty annoying fans at their shows. Alas.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2011, 10:24:54 pm
I'm going for free.  Whoot!
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 23, 2011, 11:28:19 pm
CINEMATIC TITANIC TOMORROW! WOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOO!
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on September 23, 2011, 11:51:33 pm
Cake is playing at Edgefield (or maybe they did this summer). That's where I saw Al Green and Crowded House. It's where Willie Nelson played. Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Flaming Lips, Etta James, Wilco . . . I mean, I like Cake (and cake) but do they fit there?

They played last weekend.   That's also where I saw TV on the Radio earlier this summer.   Beautiful venue.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 24, 2011, 07:36:29 am
I told Weird Al that I love him.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on September 24, 2011, 01:38:33 pm
They played last weekend.   That's also where I saw TV on the Radio earlier this summer.   Beautiful venue.

It is fun to see shows there and the crowd is nice. However, we bottomed the car out in their parking area and fucked it up a little.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on September 27, 2011, 01:24:43 am
Weird Al Tonight.  Toadies tomorrow.  Cake on Sunday.

Friday (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/6177390229/in/photostream/), Saturday (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/6179874181/in/photostream/), Sunday (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/6184500935/in/photostream/).
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on October 12, 2011, 02:18:00 am
It is fun to see shows there and the crowd is nice. However, we bottomed the car out in their parking area and fucked it up a little.

Ouch! A friend of mine did the same thing on her bike on one of the speed bumps there.   Got tossed off her bike and bruised her kidney.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 12, 2011, 03:26:09 pm
I'm-a get tickets to see Beirut in December.  woot woot
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on October 12, 2011, 08:25:29 pm
I have tickets for Mike Doughty with a full band and TMBG who I haven't seen since 2003. Mainly because back then all they played was No!
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 19, 2011, 07:34:33 pm
Holy shit I am going to go to two concerts in the span of less than one week. The aforementioned Beirut show, and I just scored tickets to Band of hosss. It'll be like I'm 25 again.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: jay-ell on October 19, 2011, 07:56:09 pm
Frontalot, Nov. 4, probably. It's the 17th anniversary of our first (equally nerdy) date.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on October 20, 2011, 02:13:26 am
Saw Shellac last night. fuck*ng awesome. Yes, I know you hate Steve Albini.

He was actually quite funny, just as he was when I saw them a few years ago. Bob Weston is funnier though.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on October 20, 2011, 03:42:24 am
Recently failed to see:
Man Man, Melt Banana, Matthew Sweet.

I feel like bands I like used to come to St Louis a lot more often. What gives?
I remember within a month of starting school I saw/wanted to see Sufjan Stevens, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill. Those are some big names!
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: jay-ell on October 20, 2011, 04:57:06 pm
Recently failed to see:
Man Man, Melt Banana, Matthew Sweet.

I feel like bands I like used to come to St Louis a lot more often. What gives?
I remember within a month of starting school I saw/wanted to see Sufjan Stevens, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill. Those are some big names!

Wow, they must be, because I recognize three of them!
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on October 21, 2011, 04:41:02 am
Recently failed to see:
Man Man, Melt Banana, Matthew Sweet.

I feel like bands I like used to come to St Louis a lot more often. What gives?
I remember within a month of starting school I saw/wanted to see Sufjan Stevens, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill. Those are some big names!

Melt Banana just played PDX - or maybe the show is coming up. I can't remember.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on October 26, 2011, 08:37:41 pm
St. Louis people, by which I mainly mean Inev, I guess, it was just announced that at Mike Doughty's show this week MC Frontalot will now be opening. I am so jealous.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: jay-ell on October 26, 2011, 09:10:33 pm
We're getting Frontalot a week from Friday, we're trying to arrange a sitter so we can go. It happens to be the seventeenth anniversary of our first date, so we can use that to leverage the grandparents if necessary.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on October 26, 2011, 10:39:11 pm
when is that fucker ever gonna come to Houston?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on November 30, 2011, 11:14:02 pm
Going to see Dinosaur Jr. on December 16th. I've missed them the last few times, and I hate the Crystal, but I'm pretty into this idea.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on December 01, 2011, 02:32:37 am
Going to see Dinosaur Jr. on December 16th. I've missed them the last few times, and I hate the Crystal, but I'm pretty into this idea.

I saw the Jesus Lizard there. They were great but the whole setup was terrible.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on December 18, 2011, 08:22:17 am
Going to see Dinosaur Jr. on December 16th. I've missed them the last few times, and I hate the Crystal, but I'm pretty into this idea.

Hey, did you go? I ended up in Seattle this past week after having to reschedule some vacation days due to a recent job change at work. The other day I was down by Pike Place eating breakfast at this place I like, and when I was leaving I passed the Showbox and saw them on the marquee. I called a friend to see if he was going and not only did he have tickets, he had a spare one for me. Anyway, it was good. The last time I had a ticket to see Dinosaur Jr, Oregon was playing USC and the game was important, and I had to leave to catch the show. So, understandably I think, I was really annoyed to learn that they were stuck in Colorado or something. I was able to catch the very end and we won, but still.

Also, Henry Rollins interviewed the band on stage before they played, and it was kinda cool and kinda weird. Rollins is super intense and asked them about how they were kinda seen as slacker exemplars and that he was really annoyed by this because he knew how hard musicians had to work. And they were all pretty much like, yeah we are kinda totally slackers in a lot of ways.

But the main thing was that Rollins bitched about how terrible Crystal is for the reason I mentioned above. More specifically, the setup sucks because of how the floor is divided between drinkers and non-drinkers. It makes it hard to get a good spot.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on December 19, 2011, 05:18:24 pm
He's absolutely right. The floor is shit because of the bouncing. Every other idiot wants to pogo around all over the place (including way in the back). The sound sucks, and there's the separation thing (although we were up near the barrier so we could see pretty well) and in the summer it's like 110 degrees in there.

Henry interviewed them here, too. He was talking about how music as an art form is such a struggle and Lou Barlow just started laughing at him and told Henry the reason he played music is because it was like not having a job at all.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: robot_god on December 23, 2011, 10:34:00 am
Tool are playing a few shows in the northeast next month, I'm gonna try to go to the Mohegan Sun one, take acid at the show then go to the roulette table to pull a Tony Soprano.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Doc on January 05, 2012, 10:55:04 pm
Dresden Dolls last night. Awesome.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Doc on January 06, 2012, 04:30:17 pm
Yeah, pretty sure they toured the US last year. I've seen Amanda Palmer live before but those two together really is something else. Very awesome.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 27, 2012, 07:42:31 am
Saw Built to Spill in Boise! Always been a dream.

Also, I think it's probably ridiculous to like Dead Can Dance, but I'm way fuck*ng excited for this tour. Playing Salt Lake on a Friday.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 27, 2012, 06:16:13 pm
Did BtS just play their stuff? The first time I saw them they did, and the second time they played that Halobenders set and quite frankly it sucked. Man, I would have loved to see them in Boise when I lived there.

Our next show is Jack White in Eugene.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 28, 2012, 12:15:52 am
It was just the five current band members, and not a single cover. Best BtS show I've seen in some years.

I wondered if there would be a Halo Benders set because Calvin Johnson played in Salt Lake the night before, and the band who played with them opened for BtS in Boise. I love the Halo Benders but much prefer an all BtS set.

FWIW, Doug seemed more at ease than many of the times I've seen him before.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on March 28, 2012, 12:20:56 am
I guess sucked was sort of strong. I definitely liked that all BtS show better, even if they didn't do Freebird (would link to the YT, but I'm on my phone).
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2012, 12:26:14 am
my roommate got me on the guest list for an upcoming Mission of Burma show for my birthday. Which is the perfect birthday present, because it costs him nothing but will make me very happy. It is at a venue that is... a lot smaller than where I would imagine seeing Mission of Burma.

End of next month is Real Estate. They are really fun and good.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2012, 12:27:05 am
Oh man, their Freebird is so good. SO. GOOD.

Having a genuinely good cover of Freebird to throw out at the sarcastic request, that's the good stuff.

That's how you manage people throwin' around dimestore irony like loose nukes.

http://youtu.be/x8whmIaeftQ (http://youtu.be/x8whmIaeftQ)
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2012, 12:45:56 am
Oh man, their Freebird is so good. SO. GOOD.

I hate to disagree, but compared to Skynyrd that version was hella lame.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on March 28, 2012, 01:22:12 am
I saw them play it three weeks before that video was taken. I've enjoyed a lot of their live covers and love a few but I always kind of hate it because it just means one less song they'll be playing from Ultimate Alternative Wavers. My only real complaint about the recent show was that they only played one song from that album. Well, it was also very light on my favorite Perfect From Now On material too.

I hate to disagree, but compared to Skynyrd that version was hella lame.

I know very few people who love Built to Spill as much as I do, and I kind of agree with that. I just remember thinking it was kind of funny that they actually played it, but otherwise wasn't too impressed.

Listen to this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9amPUZokg
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 28, 2012, 05:43:49 am
I hate to disagree, but compared to Skynyrd that version was hella lame.

what kind of asshole would compare a cover of free bird to the original?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2012, 06:52:31 am
Listen to this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9amPUZokg

That's the only Built to Spill song that I really know well and I love it a bunch.  I picked up a few BtS albums last year, but haven't really gotten into listening to them yet.  I think they came my way about the same time as all that Thin Lizzy that Nabu gifted me with.  I should give them some ear time soon.

what kind of asshole would compare a cover of free bird to the original?

Okay, you're probably right.  I should have simply said, that irrespective of the original, the version sMets offered was lame.  I felt like they were half assing their way through it and it showed. It sounded like what it was, a bad cover version.

By way of contrast, I offer you this cover version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0) which pays deep respect to the source material.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on April 03, 2012, 11:07:11 pm
I went to Wild Flag last night. For some reason they thought closing with a Fugazi cover would be too obscure.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: wombat on April 03, 2012, 11:16:11 pm
I'd mention I saw Bruce Springsteen on Sunday, but I don't want to get LFM started.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 04, 2012, 02:07:10 am
Ah, I wouldn't go crazy about it.

I'd ask if you scored an autographed monocle off him, at most.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on April 05, 2012, 02:19:00 pm
Tonight is The Budos Band & Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaries. I've never heard of the latter but hey, free tickets.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on April 05, 2012, 04:48:18 pm
Then those would be extraordinarily free tix?

Indeed. They're ordinary in a completely superfluous way.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2012, 06:52:36 pm
Tonight is The Budos Band & Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaries. I've never heard of the latter but hey, free tickets.

Turns out Budos Band isn't great live (they tend to jam) but Charles Bradley is pretty entertaining. Definitely had an Otis Redding or James Brown feel. At one point the band plays and instrumental song so he can go change his shirt then come back on stage and do more splits.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2012, 08:14:04 pm
Turns out Budos Band isn't great live (they tend to jam)

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on April 09, 2012, 09:11:08 pm
It certainly can be a bad thing.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 09, 2012, 11:00:42 pm
I'm pretty sure James brown did that for a coke break, not to change shirts.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on April 24, 2012, 09:47:31 pm
This (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/5833500135/) was the view from my car at last years Summerfest. Having an artcar has definite advantages. No parking miles away in some remote parking lot and having to tote a limited amount of goodies inside.  Hell no, I bring a full cooler of food and drink and whatever else I want to bring inside with me and park right in clear view of the stage. I watch the show from the hood of my car while nubile 20 somethings take turns dancing on the cars built in stripper pole.  It's a fuck*ng awesome deal.

Last year was cool. Weezer and Ween headlined.  Cut Copy rocked.  This year is going to be even better.  Flaming Lips, Avett Bros. Snoop Dogg, and Willie Nelson are on the bill.  I am so looking forward to this. 
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on April 26, 2012, 04:39:47 am
Has anyone see Social D lately? Is it worth dropping $35-40 a ticket?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on April 26, 2012, 04:42:11 am
Oof! Ash is a fan.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2012, 07:59:48 pm
I'd have paid to see them back when, but I'm not sure about $40. I'm pretty sure Bad Brains was like $20.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2012, 08:09:12 pm
Oh, yeah, but that was a recent Bad Brains show. On the other hand, shows are usually pretty cheap in Portland so I don't know what they get for a Social D show, and also the dude from Bad Brains isn't doing his best work anymore.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 01, 2012, 08:16:20 pm
Thing I wish I had more of in my life: local friends who like music and like to go to shows.  I post things like "The Avett Brothers are playing at the Patriot Center next Friday, anyone wanna go?" to Facebook and I hear jack shit back. Then I think about who I would actually expect to answer that affirmatively, and I'm coming up blank. My friends who like the same music I do all live elsewhere. That bites my ass.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 01, 2012, 08:35:23 pm
That is VERY lucky, on multiple levels. I seem to be having a hard time getting my girls interested in music. They like Taylor Swift and top 40 schlock. They're still young, and there's plenty of time to develop good taste, but if they go off to college still liking (what is in my opinion) shitty music, I'll feel like a failure.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on May 01, 2012, 10:03:24 pm
Based on most of my friends, I think if you like good music and aren't too pushy about it, they will come around in one way or another. All of my friends seem to have parents who are really into good music. I am the outlier with parents who only like boring music. I wonder how that works out. My roommate's dad worked at our old radio station in the 70s, and interviewed cool bands on-air back in the day.

Lately I have been seeing my roommates' band a lot. They are getting better and better. I really need to be in a band. I told one of the guys in their band that we need to start a side-thing where we play unschooled folk/country-rock.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: KeithHernandez on May 01, 2012, 10:54:29 pm
That is VERY lucky, on multiple levels. I seem to be having a hard time getting my girls interested in music. They like Taylor Swift and top 40 schlock. They're still young, and there's plenty of time to develop good taste, but if they go off to college still liking (what is in my opinion) shitty music, I'll feel like a failure.

Until I was 14 I only liked Hootie and the Blowgiraffe and Alanis Morrisette.  I actually kind of hated music.  Then my dad played me a Bob Dylan record and I am over a decade in of being completely obsessed with almost all music.  I also started smoking weed and cigarettes like mad within a month of hearing Bob Dylan only because of Bob Dylan, so, that ain't too good, but, yeah...  I listened to (1962-1967) Bob Dylan almost constantly from ages 14-17, read Tarantula, etc., then Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Modest penis and Blur got me into current/rock.  Now I can discuss everything from Herb Albert to The Tornadoes to Black Sabbath to Bad Religion and such, so, yeah, if it is meant to be it is meant to be, but before puberty isn't necessarily a deciding factor I would say.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on May 02, 2012, 12:38:31 am
"The Avett Brothers are playing at the Patriot Center next Friday, anyone wanna go?"

I'm gonna watch the Avett Brothers next month from the comfort of my car.  It'll be a drive in concert.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 02, 2012, 01:36:32 pm
Will you fire off the flames at opportune moments?
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2012, 09:19:41 pm
Keith, that is as shocking an admission as I think I have ever seen here. I would not have seen that coming in a million years.

I have a friend who will go to any show I invite her to, as I will in reverse for her. Every experience has been eminently satisfying.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on May 03, 2012, 12:35:21 am
Until I was 14 I only liked Hootie and the Blowgiraffe and Alanis Morrisette.  I actually kind of hated music.  Then my dad played me a Bob Dylan record and I am over a decade in of being completely obsessed with almost all music.  I also started smoking weed and cigarettes like mad within a month of hearing Bob Dylan only because of Bob Dylan, so, that ain't too good, but, yeah...  I listened to (1962-1967) Bob Dylan almost constantly from ages 14-17, read Tarantula, etc., then Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Modest c*ck and Blur got me into current/rock.  Now I can discuss everything from Herb Albert to The Tornadoes to Black Sabbath to Bad Religion and such, so, yeah, if it is meant to be it is meant to be, but before puberty isn't necessarily a deciding factor I would say.

This is almost exactly my experience down to the age I discovered Dylan, except it took me two years after that to starting smoking anything and I have always hated Hootie and Alanis (though I can't remember and don't care to look into how old I was when those guys were popular so maybe it's not fair to point that out). Before Dylan I was pretty obsessed with music. I loved Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens as far back as I can remember, and was really into "Oldies" growing up. To me this meant CCR, the Beatles, Motown, early Stones, and other similar stuff from the 60s. I also liked rap. And right before Dylan I was really into Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, and of course Nirvana, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam and all that. But after Dylan, it was over. For several years I had no room for anything but music. Not even sports, and barely any room for movies or reading.

Oh yeah, I introduced my dad to Dylan. That's kind of weird.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2012, 02:26:46 am
Will you fire off the flames at opportune moments?

Yes, of course (http://www.flickr.com/photos/josherhosen/4681022745/in/photostream/)
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: AugustWest on May 03, 2012, 02:10:36 pm
I really need to be in a band.

Maybe you should look up these guys. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G72CjARxVGs&sns=fb)  Cause they're in the neighborhood.  And they really need some help.  Really.

You could call the new band "Trey".
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on May 03, 2012, 02:15:12 pm
Thing I wish I had more of in my life: local friends who like music and like to go to shows.  I post things like "The Avett Brothers are playing at the Patriot Center next Friday, anyone wanna go?" to Facebook and I hear jack shit back. Then I think about who I would actually expect to answer that affirmatively, and I'm coming up blank. My friends who like the same music I do all live elsewhere. That bites my ass.

Sometimes I think our musical taste is in that narrow range where we both like bands that the other person is more like "yeah, they're OK, I guess, but I wouldn't see them live."
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on May 03, 2012, 04:29:00 pm
Aug, my response to that video was "ok, guess it's time to move to north city."
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: AugustWest on May 03, 2012, 07:00:57 pm
Aug, my response to that video was "ok, guess it's time to move to north city."

Seems like a wise choice to me.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on June 04, 2012, 05:17:39 am
This summer is looking pretty good, for Salt Lake anyway. First up are the Liars and the Dirty Projectors next month, then Dead Can Dance, Built to Spill and Yeasayer in August. There are a few others but those are the ones that come to mind.

For the first summer since like 2006 I'm not traveling to attend any shows. Unless Tom Waits or someone else on my will travel anywhere in the contiguous United States to see list decides to tour.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2012, 05:56:50 am
My friends/roommates' band has two gigs coming up opening for awesome touring garage bands. Cool. Natural Child and the Useless Eaters.

I am mad because I told my friends I wanted to start a band called The Eaters and no one liked that idea.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on June 05, 2012, 06:20:48 pm
...me!

I was just asked to come do a guest set at a for pay show, with like...tickets and everything.   

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/238730

Crazy!

So, things have been quite good on the comedy front.  Shortly after I last posted a set, I grew angry and sick of everything I've written, threw it all out and started from scratch.   I've been getting some pretty good reactions since then.

Feel free to take a listen and JUDGE ME with your HEART: http://soundcloud.com/notseanmcbride/funhouse-lounge-open-mic-5-29/s-er6sD
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: smick on June 05, 2012, 06:45:54 pm
It IS Portland.

We do have a comedy festival coming up called "All Jane, No Dick" ... So the HeShe show is probably in a few months.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on June 26, 2012, 05:04:08 am
Head here to buy tickets to Louis CK's upcoming tour: https://buy.louisck.net/tour-dates

You can only buy them at this site and if you try to resell them at a higher price HE WILL CUT YOUR fuck*ng HEAD OFF.

Not really, but apparently he might cancel your ticket. Not hitting Salt Lake so I'm going to catch him in Phoenix. I hate Phoenix but I wanted a Saturday show and didn't want to go to Denver in December.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: theinevitable on June 26, 2012, 05:31:55 am
my Bro bought a couple extra tickets with the intent of selling them to me and our other friend so that we could all sit together. I might be going to this.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on June 26, 2012, 06:39:19 am
Holy crap, he's playing at Jones Hall. That's pretty much the nicest venue in Houston. I haven't been there since I saw Beck and the Flaming Lips put on a simply amazing show there.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: miles on June 26, 2012, 06:53:27 am
Holy crap, he's playing at Jones Hall. That's pretty much the nicest venue in Houston. I haven't been there since I saw Beck and the Flaming Lips put on a simply amazing show there.

I considered trying to make that, but I've already planned a trip to Chicago the next weekend.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: CortJstr on June 26, 2012, 01:55:16 pm
His Kennedy Center show sold out by the time I saw his tweet last night. Boo.
Title: Re: Upcoming shows
Post by: pmcd9 on July 28, 2012, 11:37:18 pm
sMets is going to see Wilco tonight. He's at the show already if his Facebook is to be believed.

Here's this (http://www.artcarnation.com/pages/newsPerm.php?newsID=523) to upstage him while he's away.