Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Thee

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
Wild Card / Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:33:11 am »
It's kind of low hanging fruit for mockery, though, so you really don't score very many points taking shots at it.

High Score!


2
People & Places / Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:30:33 pm »
Listening to The Bridge by Neil Young.  and that's it.  Enjoying the California sunshine.  Waiting for the bus.  Teaching myself to sing.  Anyone know a good bar in London?

3
People & Places / Re: The Dude Who Has Aspergers.
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:20:31 pm »
Mantonio is totally Dick Cheney.

no, really, I hear dead eye dick has the ol' aspergers

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Bonnie "Prince" Billy
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:13:43 pm »
Whoa whoa, everyone back up here, all I've heard of Will is Johnny Cash covering I C A Darkness, I need something to break in with here.

Someone tell me right now what album I should get of his first.  Right Now.

5
Arts & Entertainment / MIAMI VICE!!!
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:42:44 pm »
Either, slowest action movie, or most realistic drug smuggling movie ever.

Hard to tell, pretty f'n slow.  Heat was slow, too, from what I remember.  Though I'm pretty sure Michael Mann is a drug lord in his spare time, so...

Lots of people being shot, and I liked Jamie's olive sort of blazer with the red lining, but no white suits........  *single tear*


6
Wild Card / Re: The washing hair debate
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:40:48 pm »
Me being in a clique of filthy college DJ hipsters with ornate and senseless hair have gotten into contests of how long we can go without washing our hair.  A month, usually.  Sometimes longer.  Usually longer.  Hair before music, as we always say.  I hope it grosses all of you out.  Heroin-chic, as they say.

Someone mentioned gentleness and that is it.  I now forego shampoo, and use some fancy detergent-free Wen conditioner that cleans without the harsh stripping of oils that normal shampoo does, which I absolutely cannot stand.  Agitates the scalp.

7
Sports & Leisure / Re: anyone ever try to learn Arabic?
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:38:01 pm »
I took 4 years of japanese in high school.  The only thing I can think of that would be harder for a westerner would be Chinese. 

*shudder*
Super high emphasis on enunciation.  Non-standard assimilation of foreign word vocabulary.  Chinese just basically one big cluster-fuck, as I view it.

I really want to learn farsi, though.

-
Psych is fun, I'm doing my undergraduate in it because it's so fuck*ng easy.  Using my inflated GPA to get into law school.  Or living in a van down by the river.

8
What clicks for me is how batshit Teodor goes when he realizes his dong potential.  And the last panel.  Agreed.

I have just returned here after a hiatus.  It feels like slipping into a well worn pair of loafers.


Also, hell yes, dune, motherfuckers

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« on: April 10, 2006, 08:14:41 pm »
I didn't bother to read the 6 or whatever pages of what people are listening to because it's all crap anyway.


Neil Young's "Are You Passionate?" is in heavy rotation right now.  SO cheesy and yet so earnest at the same time.  I think Neil has something wrong in his head.

Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline.

New Coat of Paint, which is a Tom Waits tribute.  Has Screamin' Jay Hawkins on it.  There is no devil, only god when he's drunk.

And Blood Brothers - "Crimes"

just to prove I am still with it

10
People & Places / Re: Jobs!
« on: February 21, 2006, 11:35:59 pm »
I'm an assistant to the theatre manager on campus right now.  Above minimum wage is all I have to say about that.

I'm a business major, with a possible economics degree if I continue going this way, but I keep on looking out the window during class
and daydream about becoming an art & design major

I also have half of a psychology degree.

11
Arts & Entertainment / Re: play an instrument?
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:39:17 pm »
Guitar, bass, flute, baritone horn, keyboard, upright bass, and some shitty percussion skills.  I'm not really good with a whole kit, but I can play bottles and cardboard like a motherfucker.  I would love a kit someday though.  A little crisp jazz kit..... ooooohhhhhhhhhh..........

I play bass in an improv band side project, when all the guys are in town we'll play, called Hot Little Secretary, no set lists, most songs and lyrics are made up on the spot, However, we do make a point to play Sir Psycho Sexy, a 10 minute version of Seven Nation Army which spans all musical genres and acoustic Fuck The Police.

And why are you asking?

obviously 3 tone sunburst, son

12
There has been no good music made in the last 100 years.

13
People & Places / Re: Are you trained at food-making?
« on: February 03, 2006, 07:18:20 pm »
My uncle was in culinary school.  I don't know a lot about it but it sounds really hard.  When they say to cube something to a certain size, they mean EXACTLY that size.  I remember him being a couple millimeters off on something.

14
Sports & Leisure / Re: TAB(?)
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:44:37 am »
Oh yeah?  Where's the fuck*ng onion when I'm in starbucks selling coffee to people waiting in line?  Huh???  All talk, but nothing in the sack

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: TAB(?)
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:59:07 am »
My town has all the usual starbucks right across the street from starbucks thing, but my goal is to build a starbucks inside of another starbucks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4