Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: People of Gravity  (Read 17414 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2005, 01:11:04 pm »

I love you all.  Equally.

Naah, I love some of you better than others.  But still, no fighting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2005, 02:51:48 pm »

All TOUAMB board members are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »

When my cousin credited authorship of the phrase "No votes for Motz" to me when Paul Motz ran for Senior Class President, a friend said "He can't take credit for that. It's too obvious. A million people came up with that." Oh, is Google watching? Hi Paul. How's law school?

Um, I don't get it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2005, 07:08:50 pm »

Um, I don't get it.

I think "Motz" rhymes with "votes," but it took me a second. (I initially parsed it as being pronounced "Mott's," like the people who make applesauce, which totally destroyed the joke. Or what I presume to be the joke, anyway.)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2005, 01:37:01 am »

Ha, if gunt is actually used in the parlance of our times, I blame Beatrice.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2005, 04:56:58 am »

Blaming someone else, huh?

Well, I'm going to give some extra Dr Pepper cans away... for the holidays.

Be of good cheer, people, and try not to eat any bad stuff and thus incur AD's wrath over the holidays.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: People of Gravity
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2005, 05:15:04 am »

I think "Motz" rhymes with "votes," but it took me a second. (I initially parsed it as being pronounced "Mott's," like the people who make applesauce, which totally destroyed the joke. Or what I presume to be the joke, anyway.)

It's not so much a joke as a comparison demonstrating the iffiness of claiming unique authorship of an easily come by word or phrase.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up