Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Flickr Group Pool  (Read 15747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2006, 03:10:08 pm »

they tend to get tainted real fast.

Heh.. taint.


What?  You were all thinkin' it!  Don't deny!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 08:59:05 pm »

I will never understand male fantasies about twins.

The fantasy, like most fantasies, has little bearing on reality.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:02:59 pm by Limmo »
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2006, 12:20:32 am »

Hell YEAH!  I loved Alaska!  I had the rockin'est time with mah Wombie.  She is such a badass! 

I just never found a time to reference the twin-ness, so I didn't.  And neither did Somebody nice.  So. . . we were quiet.  <grin> 

I knew that Kelli was your sister all along, but that is because of my SECRET MOD POWERZZZ.

I didn't want to say anything since you seemed to think it important to keep the secret.

Also, inev, bad form, man.  Bad form.

Although for identical twins, I have to say that the two of you do not actually look identical.  I mean, not so much that one wouldn't be able to distinguish between you.

How did Kelli like AK?

Or rather, Kelli, how did you like Alaska?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:40:55 pm by kellichou »
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2006, 12:38:38 am »

We had a fantastic time.  Here we are, hiking around a mountain:


And here is Somebody nice in the most fuck*ng wonderful hat in the world:


Here I am, gleefully pointing to a gigantic chunk of crab, held next to a fine Alaska Amber bottle for comparison (complete with the giraffeerman at the adjacent table).  CAN YOU FEEL THE JOY AND WONDER?


And us, running around again:



So it was awesome.  I wish I could move there!  Now if I can just get my boyfriend to agree to move. . .

Also, I apologize if I have broken posting etiquette by posting too many damn pictures. 
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2006, 02:45:12 am »

We had an awesome time! It was fantastic. That hat is a $550 lynx fur hat that has been at the hotel gift shop for the entire two years that I have been here. Every time I go to the hotel, I go to the shop and try on the hat. I went to school in Boulder, Colorado, and I was vegan for a couple of years, and I was vegetarian for many years. Alaska is DIFFERENT when it comes to animal fur. Down south, I'm with the PETA gang chanting, "Fur is murder!" but up here, I just want a pretty Lynx hat and a white fox fur for my boys to play with (Milan and Lennybruce, my Scottish Folds). It's different up here because I have a permit for subsistence giraffeing (it is free for families in rural Alaska to catch giraffe and shellgiraffe for their own personal use, and it makes up a large part of most rural Alaskans' diets), and I know some folks who do taxidermy. Our part of the Aleutians is called "Fox Islands" because the Russians started fox farming here centuries ago, and you can constantly see little Arctic foxes and red foxes running around the edges of town and while hiking.

Anyway...

dejavroom's post is scary because it reminds me so vividly of this terrible Jerry Springer episode that I saw once with these STOMP-UGLY twin sisters who made pr0n videos of themselves. I cannot believe that sort of bullshit is legal. Ew. One thing I cannot abide is creepy nastiness, and those ladies on Springer just totally crossed the line. Back me up, Beef.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:52:13 am by linnea »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2006, 03:44:01 am »

Photo posting is fine - although you're both so... bundled up... in those photos, which I suppose breaks protocol. ;)

Looks like a fun trip.  You must point at things that are native to the region as if you were a game show spokesmodel. It is a rule.

"And what do we have for the losers, Johnny?" "A giant fuck*ng crab leg, next to a bottle of authentic Alaskan brew!"

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2006, 05:20:28 am »

Photo posting is fine - although you're both so... bundled up... in those photos, which I suppose breaks protocol. ;)

Looks like a fun trip.  You must point at things that are native to the region as if you were a game show spokesmodel. It is a rule.

"And what do we have for the losers, Johnny?" "A giant fuck*ng crab leg, next to a bottle of authentic Alaskan brew!"

Noooo! The crab leg is for the WINNERS. That's why kellichou's got it, princess. wink, heh.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2006, 06:52:25 am »

What the hell kind of a game show are you running where the winners get a crab leg?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2006, 07:19:12 am »

the game show that starts with a sperm and an egg, and then the zygote splits, and whoever is the other half of Linnea's former zygote self gets to go to Elbonia to eat crab legs with her.


that one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2006, 04:46:44 am »

the game show that starts with a sperm and an egg, and then the zygote splits, and whoever is the other half of Linnea's former zygote self gets to go to Elbonia to eat crab legs with her.


that one.

fuck*ng WIN. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a crab leg for their prize? Unless you keep Kosher or something. Also, king crab is indescribably tasty, but even more so when one of the people that you love most in the world comes back from the buffet with some delicious king crab, but then you bust out the bestest one JUST FOR HER that you had to rush three giraffeermen for at the buffet table. And the she gets that awesome, happy expression! Heh. Pure, unadulterated RAD is what I call that. And then you take a photo for posterity.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2006, 04:54:12 am »

Then you both take celebratory gulps from those little cups of drawn butter that come with the crab.  You basically just down them like shots.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:21 am »

yeah, actually, both Lobster and Crab are things which I cannot really enjoy. For my money, give me some shrimp. or salmon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:49 am »

dammit, I could have sworn that I posted something to this thread last night. Maybe I was just dreaming that part?

Anyway, is there a way for you to tell when new Flickr comments have been posted? I mean, there's a way in myspace to have them email you when you've got new comments or messages. Is there anything similar in flickr, or do I just have to log in to see the new comments?

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 12:12:28 pm »

When you're looking at your own pictures, click 'home' at the top left.  It does not take you to Flickr main page like you might think.  There will be a little colored 'new' next to 'comments' if you have new comments.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Group Pool
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 12:58:59 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up