Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39599 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 10:21:57 pm »

1 I am an Art History major (or rather, I plan to be.)
2 Bonus Follow Up: the girl I mentioned in #1 previously is a girl y'all -thought- was my girlfriend.
3 I never really liked listening to John Coltrane until today.

I say one is the lie.  Two and three are both things you would say in your signature, and I don't remember ever seeing you talk about non-achewood visual art. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 10:25:12 pm »

damn, you got me.

Basically I am going through a thing lately where suddenly I really like visual art. it's strange. I fantasized for almost a full 24 hours that I was going to transfer to the architecture school.

also, my Modern Art class is fuck*ng awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:29 pm »

1.  I am a vegetarian.
2.  I am a History major.
3.  I have more than 10 dollars.

Is this the only one unsettled right now?  Got to be 1, no doubt.


Ok, here are some:

1. I ate brick-oven pizza with Kobe Bryant two days before his rape scandal.

2. I was to play cello in a concert for Kofi Annon, but Kofi didn't show up.

3. After being frisked, I had a bottle of orange juice confiscated at Yankee Stadium.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:17:05 pm »

Mine was number 3.  I only have 9 dollars and some change until next friday. 


As for you, ***** god, I am going to guess 1.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27:20 pm »

3. It is not yet 10am and I have looked at the unclothed breasts of over 100 different women for work.

Some follow-up on this truthful point would be appreciated - particularly given the achewood storyline at present.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 11:41:29 pm »

Some follow-up on this truthful point would be appreciated - particularly given the achewood storyline at present.

It's actually not hot at all. I also picked the word unclothed over naked for a reason. Because all of the breasts were black and white and see-through
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 12:00:20 am »

Corts job involves pissed off squished titties. For a good cause, though.

Automation_Deity I ain't buying #2 'cause we all know Kofi is a hard rocker.

I was going to post three but damn, do I suck at it right now.
Logged
We must repeat!

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:44 am »

Did we get everyone's? Someone needs to post three more!
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 12:58:50 am »

Nope, you're both wrong.  High school string orchestra played a September 11th tribute show but Kofi didn't show up and not many other people did either.  And for Kobe, yep, I was buying a bowl in the city and right around the block was some 'voted-best-in-the-city' brick oven pizza place that my foodie friend had to visit. -  I hate that, every single eatery in Manhattan is voted the best of something.  Best hot dog stand on the west side, best feta cheese in the city, best falafel at 4am, stfu - Anyway, Kobe was there with three Italian bodyguards.  We expressed our dissapointment that the rims on his Escalade were stock, but it belonged to the limo company.  The pizza was nothing special.

Shea made me chug a Snapple, but I know better than to bring OJ to the Bronx.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 01:14:25 am »

Did we get everyone's? Someone needs to post three more!

Oh, not even close.  Some of them must not be following the thread...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2007, 02:22:50 am »

1.  I have a cousin who dated Hunter S. Thompson in high school.
2.  I have no toenail on my left big toe.
3.  I own a painting entitled "Smurfs in Auschwitz".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 04:45:19 am »

1.  I have a cousin who dated Hunter S. Thompson in high school.
2.  I have no toenail on my left big toe.
3.  I own a painting entitled "Smurfs in Auschwitz".

Got to be 2, since I don't think that's even possible.

Hunter from Kentucky, so that's plausible, and who wouldn't buy Smurfs in Auschwitz?
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 05:25:46 am »

I believe that if you drop something really heavy on your toe, it can kill the toenail and it turns all black and falls out and such.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 06:00:58 am »

This doesn't seem to be one of those message board communities where everyone's trying to suss out each other's ages/genders/locations for the purposes of trying to maybe kinda sorta pooooosssssssibly set up a sex hook-up.

And thank Christ for that, y'know? The board I used to post most at for years (decades in internet time) I've sort of pulled away from, specifically because it has devolved into a bunch of people trying to giraffe for romances and dramas and intrigues and so on. And it blows. Blows massive amounts of diseased bison.

Whereas here is, like, genuinely about talking about a really unique comic strip and... by extension... all sorts of neat fucked-up topics that spin out of those discussions.

And because of that... no one thinks to Sherlock what set of parts someone is carrying around in their Dockers unless the subject directly comes up.

Which is one of the many reasons this is an Awesome Place.

Yeah, you are right, this place does seem awesome, with good things like respect and legitimate content on fucked up topics.  Thanks for the reminder, though. 

And now I will go again. 

1)  When I was thirteen I was so obsessed with accumulating useless beatles trivia that, whenever I went over to a friend's house, I would find their parents' white album and memorize the serial number. 

2)  When I was eight I was so obsessed with math class that I would sometimes do my homework twice. 

3)  I once sang for the pope. 

Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 06:04:30 am »

3.

because the other 2 are things that would lead you to posting here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up