Okay. It's 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40.6 degrees Centigrade for all you non-Americans) in fair Denver today. I ain't gotta car, as has been covered previously. It's
hot outside.
I take the bus to the Aurora Police Department, whom I have called previously and ascertained their arcane fingerprinting schedule. It's
fuck*ng hot outside and my tundra-stiffened body is having trouble adjusting. I am wearing jeans and a long-sleeved black shirt because those are pretty much the only clothing items I have, and I'm hot and irritable. It takes 30 minutes to get there, then another 20 minutes of walking around the huuuge justice complex to figure out which building I'm supposed to be in. When I arrive, they are incredulous that I don't have a card. I point to the instructions I have received from the CDPHE, none of which mention that I have to
bring my own fuck*ng fingerprinting card to a police precinct. They do not stock said cards. They point to a shitty Xeroxed map that shows a place at I-70 and Peoria (read: an incredibly long-ass distance from where I am currently standing) where I can purchase a card for $5.
Extremely pissed, I take the bus and then the light rail to downtown Denver. Of course...I don't think to call first. I am in disbelief that Aurora fucks don't have the basic stuff I need. Light rail takes 45 minutes, then it takes another 30 minutes of taking other busses and walking to the right building. It's even hotter downtown. Thirsty and hot, I stop for a $4 lite Frappucino at Starbucks and feel horrible for doing so. I finally get to the right administrative building and ask about fingerprinting.
They don't do fingerprinting on Tuesdays, and plus I need to bring my own card. >_< SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW.
I leave a polite yet terse message for the CDPHE-EMT certification division lady (thank heavens for cell phones). I mention that I have been on foot all day and that I went to the Aurora Justice Center and to the main Denver PD precinct downtown, and I beg that they please note somewhere on the application that said applicant must procure their own card. Since I'm already downtown, I wanted to go to the Denver Art Museum but I don't have the ten bucks admission fee.

I take the light rail back, dejected. At the Nine Mile Park n Ride, a young man in a very crisp suit is running around and trying to figure out which bus he has to take. He looks frantic, like he has to go to a job interview and can't find the right bus. I have an arsenal of schedules in my purse. I pull the Quincy schedule out of my purse and hand it to him. He smiles and says such a heartfelt thank-you that I feel a little bit better that I've helped someone out.
Miraculously, the lady from the CDPHE calls me back. She offers to mail me a card. Phew. Now I'll have something to take with me to the Aurora precinct on Thursday (the other day that they do the fingerprinting) so I can get this shit taken care of.
Damn.