hm. packing. entirely too many clothes I want to bring back. and all my CDs. and DVDs. and LPs. Oops.
issue: in the process, I went through all the ##### in my closet. And... due to the fact I have gained weight since I went to college, which is a really good thing for my health, I have 4 or 5 pairs of really nice, brand-new, tags-still-on ##### that don't fit me. I know this is going to piss my parents off, as I have always had this problem. Largely because when clothes shopping, they would get so annoyed when I said that I didn't like things that I'd say "fine" just to get them to stop guilt-tripping me about being picky. So I would outgrow stuff I had never worn.
So basically what I'm saying is that I have a bunch of nice, unworn ##### which are a relic from when I let my parents have entirely too much input on my clothing. Especially the fact that they always wanted me to buy khakis, despite the fact that I wear jeans every single day (unless I am wearing courderoys).
So. yeah. feeling bad about the amount of money this pile of ##### represents. On the other hand, the jeans I have from that era all have holes in them at this point.
also wonderful this week:
My sister: "mom, wait, I need to go straighten my hair"
me: "Jaclyn... your hair is straight."
my sister: "no it isn't. it's wavy and ugly, I hate it."
me: "WHAT!?"
my sister: "right, mom?"
my mom: "yeah, daniel, her hair is wavy. she should straighten it."
me: "...don't start this shit."
this pisses me off especially because my mom always talks about how my sister is too worried about her appearance and too girly in general (in the negative, catty, pink-lipstick way). at age 12 she's all into makeup and expensive clothes and stuff... it's horrible. Also she is turning into a major little bitch... we have gotten reports from people's moms about her being a little terror.