Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350031 times)

0 Members and 152 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1590 on: January 11, 2008, 04:53:23 pm »

Today I am dealing with the mammoth institution of N Y U. Housing needs me to get a letter from the Registrar who needs to clear something for the Bursar before I can mail in my keys. And naturally, who ever is answering the phone in the individual departments doesn't know what to do and just forwards me to one of the other departments. I also love that I have to be "Approved to Withdrawal". I can't even leave the claws of this place without stamps and signatures and forms in triplicate.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1591 on: January 11, 2008, 05:01:06 pm »

I like the new avatar.  It looks like the spider is about to dive into that pile of money and swim around, a la Scrooge McDuck. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1592 on: January 11, 2008, 05:03:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna wonder what the hell kind of tropical flu I'm saddled with that's made my head feel so congested. I seriously feel like I'm taking off in an airplane or scuba-diving ten meters below surface.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1593 on: January 11, 2008, 05:06:31 pm »

Today I went to a shiny and new Kaiser center to see my doctor. Actually, I only got to see a PA, but I got some more Retin-A for my pretty little mug, plus thyroid medicine. The lab techs were cranky but at least they were swift with the blood draw. I'm rockin' a Hello Kitty band-aid on my left inner elbow.

Then I went to the store. Also, having a soy latte to break an 18 hour fast is probably not such a great idea for someone who can't really handle caffeine anyway.

Also, I found out that Kelli and I can't apply for Italian dual citizenship through jure sanguinis. Our great-grandfather joined WWI in June 1917 and therefore started the US Naturalization process, and our grandfather was born 3 weeks later in July of 1917, thereby negating our claim. I'm so sad.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:10:26 pm by linnea »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1594 on: January 11, 2008, 05:11:40 pm »

buy a birthday present for a friend, call some people I need to talk to about getting references for the camp counselor job I applied for, go to lunch with my mom (thai!), clean my room, go to the birthday party I need the present for. Hopefully somewhere in there I can get a haircut.

Oh, also, today I shaved off my sideburns. I lost the charger for my trimmers, and my dad's trimmer thing only had one guide... which was about a millimeter. So I just shaved those suckers off, as they were getting ridiculous. The only problem is that now the non-sideburn part is uneven? the little part of hair that comes down in front of the ear and can turn into sideburns? oh well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1595 on: January 11, 2008, 07:47:13 pm »

What I'm saying is, I'm carrying the world's tiniest insomniac. 
8 pounds ain't all that tiny!  My daughter was just over 6 at full term (and dropped below it for a day or so during the first few days).  She slept like a ragdoll though.  She'd even drift off while eating.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1596 on: January 11, 2008, 10:09:25 pm »

8 pounds ain't all that tiny!  My daughter was just over 6 at full term (and dropped below it for a day or so during the first few days).  She slept like a ragdoll though.  She'd even drift off while eating.

See, that's what I'm saying.  She's big for a baby, but very small for an insomniac. 

My son was 7lb 11oz and he slept about 23 1/2 hours a day for the first six weeks. 

Then he went nuts. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1597 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:45 am »

Apparently today I was going to go to work, get an email from one of our sister art organizations about a family who lost almost everything in a fire, then spend the greater portion of the day organizing a mass donation from myself, friends and coworkers.  Oh, and I volunteered my SO to do all the driving and heavy lifting for this without bothering to ask him.  Hope he doesn't mind.  He's a good kid.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1598 on: January 12, 2008, 04:16:17 am »

Today I'm gonna go to a loan shark and take out a dreaded payday loan in an effort to make it to payday without bouncing my rent check. I made the mistake of going to the doctor and getting prescriptions, and now I'm overextended. Dammit. What are the monthly interest rates on those things, anyway?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1599 on: January 12, 2008, 04:17:48 am »

Today I'm gonna go to a loan shark and take out a dreaded payday loan in an effort to make it to payday without bouncing my rent check. I made the mistake of going to the doctor and getting prescriptions, and now I'm overextended. Dammit. What are the monthly interest rates on those things, anyway?
Uh once you miss the intended one-two week period, they compound pretty fast and heavy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1600 on: January 12, 2008, 04:23:26 am »

Uh once you miss the intended one-two week period, they compound pretty fast and heavy.

Fuck! But I only get paid once a month!
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1601 on: January 12, 2008, 12:59:21 pm »

I'm with A-Cap on that one. Find some other way, ANY other way that doesn't compromise health or morals. They are a trap that is specifically designed so you can't get out of them. Virginia has them all over the place due to some of the most lax regulations on them anywhere, and it became A Serious State-Wide Problem.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1602 on: January 12, 2008, 01:44:21 pm »

Yeah Lin, fuck*ng miss a car payment or something like that and get penalised rather than that shit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1603 on: January 12, 2008, 05:01:38 pm »

...send an email to the research librarian at the Eisenhower library to try and find out if he canned my research subject because she was a lesbian. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1604 on: January 12, 2008, 06:11:34 pm »

Today I went to the loan shark and got a paycheck advance at 16.9% interest. Still, it beats having my rent check bounce. You guys don't understand - almost all my bills are debited out of my account before the 5th of the month. I shouldn't have gotten my plates/registration as soon as I did, I should have asked the DMV if they'd extend my temporary tags another month. That would have helped a lot.

JL, your research got canned on account of someone's personal bias and assholery??
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 878   Go Up