Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348102 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1605 on: January 12, 2008, 06:16:49 pm »

No, no -- my the person who is the subject of my research got canned by Ike in '53, and I'm trying to figure out why. 

Sorry, unclear. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1606 on: January 12, 2008, 06:24:36 pm »

Oh, okay. Now I remember a little more about her. That is crazy.

Also, I think that my dad and stepmom might be getting a new puppy today. They had to put down their 14-year-old chow last month. It was heartbreaking. I'm really excited that they're getting a new dog, and I'm going over to visit them tomorrow. I think having a new baby will really help to heal their hearts.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1607 on: January 12, 2008, 06:25:09 pm »

I guess that's not bad. The loan that Gary Coleman advertises on TV has 99.25% APR.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1608 on: January 12, 2008, 06:43:20 pm »

wake up on my friend's couch, and realize that I haven't packed at all, haven't bought a "gag gift" for this party I don't want to go to tonight, haven't called people about references for the camp counselor job, and haven't cleaned my room like I promised my mom I would. So, this will be a fun 24 hours... then I get back to school just in time to buy my books and clean my dorm room, which is an utter sty.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1609 on: January 12, 2008, 07:52:48 pm »

I guess that's not bad. The loan that Gary Coleman advertises on TV has 99.25% APR.

Dude, love the fine print at the bottom - like the Jared jewelers ad that says at the bottom, "items for sale may never have been offered for sale at regular price". I love that shit. How'n the fuck can you even say that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1610 on: January 12, 2008, 09:19:09 pm »

Dude, love the fine print at the bottom - like the Jared jewelers ad that says at the bottom, "items for sale may never have been offered for sale at regular price". I love that shit. How'n the fuck can you even say that?

Or at the supermarket where they'll put a "great buy" or "special" tag underneath an item that's full price. The store I go to lists 12 packs of soda for $5.29 even though they literally never charge that price. It's always $4.99 at the most, or more often 3/$9.

If you ever get a Macy's or JCPenny discount in the mail that is some quality fine print. And some of the exclusions make no sense. OK, no discounts on Bose or Apple products, I can see that because their prices are very consistent. But no discount on Levi's? Really? A pair of jeans costs like $29.99, it's not really a luxury item.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1611 on: January 12, 2008, 09:35:31 pm »

Today I'm apparently gonna feel like Hell after waking up mid-morning with hideous sour stomach and puking. I look like nine miles of bad road right now (I have the kind of super-pale complexion where you can see every busted capillary, and I puked hard), and let's not talk about how my throat feels.

Right! Onwards.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1612 on: January 12, 2008, 09:46:30 pm »

Today Im gonna play lethal lottery with my main knucklehead from old times. Lethal lottery is thus: Go to the local mid-large liquor store. Order one of every airplane bottle they have. Ignore the looks you get, just go with it. Buy one round for each participant, it will cost less than you think. Now, Line one row of the variety on a table and put one of each bottle in a brown bag. Draw from the bag. Whatever you select is the prize, and everyone drink that bottle. I always end up with like 3 kinds of sambuca which is considered a low prize, and then there are the ones that everyone is rooting for, like the hennessey. Continue until movement fails.
Also, I called my computer an ass hole, Because its been getting fresh with me.
 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:02:05 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1613 on: January 13, 2008, 04:04:34 am »

Today I retrieved my first year biol, chem and physics texts from my parents place and hung out with my dad a little and talked about bees. I am now putting off much needed exam prep.

I always liked sambucca, it's a tasty beverage.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1614 on: January 13, 2008, 04:22:55 am »

Today Im gonna play lethal lottery with my main knucklehead from old times. Lethal lottery is thus: Go to the local mid-large liquor store. Order one of every airplane bottle they have. Ignore the looks you get, just go with it. Buy one round for each participant, it will cost less than you think. Now, Line one row of the variety on a table and put one of each bottle in a brown bag. Draw from the bag. Whatever you select is the prize, and everyone drink that bottle. I always end up with like 3 kinds of sambuca which is considered a low prize, and then there are the ones that everyone is rooting for, like the hennessey. Continue until movement fails.
Also, I called my computer an ass hole, Because its been getting fresh with me.
 

Two words for emphasis! Also, that sounds like a fuckin' AWESOME game. Tiny can.

Today I went to the art museum with a very tall, handsome, intelligent, all-around-awesome Italian guy. My blackened little heart is all a-flutter! I really, really like him. Next weekend we're going on a road trip! Suh-weeeeet! If Maximum Cuddles ensue, maybe I'll be in a better mood. Plus, I'm getting sick/fending off a cold, so I wasn't exactly in top form. Still, we had a great time wandering around Denver and such. The weather here is way more conducive to being outside. It was in the 40s (Fahrenheit) this afternoon, and after the sun set it was probably in the 20s, but still very good wx for walkin'. I wish I could move downtown. Also, I think I will become a museum member as soon as I get my finances in order. It's a wonderful place. Had a lovely time.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1615 on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:36 am »

Today I crumbled up leftover meatloaf into some macaroni & cheese.  It's like Hamburger Helper, only good!  And there's carrots, so I can feel like I'm not completely killing myself.

Also I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can make with all this leftover carrots and celery that I have that wouldn't require onions.  I am out of onions.  And I don't want to shower and go get more, even though the store is right over there.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1616 on: January 13, 2008, 07:02:04 am »

Ok, A-CAP, your avatar has to go.  It reminds me of slink's for some reason and I don't even remember what slink's avatar looked like.  Anyway, Every time I see your avatar I momentarily think slink is back and I don't want to keep being reminded that slink isn't back.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1617 on: January 13, 2008, 07:20:36 am »

Ok, A-CAP, your avatar has to go.  It reminds me of slink's for some reason and I don't even remember what slink's avatar looked like.  Anyway, Every time I see your avatar I momentarily think slink is back and I don't want to keep being reminded that slink isn't back.
Deal with it Paul. Life isnt some happy fun Mickey penis fun parade. I am not going to bend to every fuck*ng whim you have about some else's fuck*ng avatar. Grow a pair and get off the rag. Whining about avatars? Seriously?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1618 on: January 13, 2008, 07:37:42 am »

Deal with it Paul. Life isnt some happy fun Mickey penis fun parade. I am not going to bend to every fuck*ng whim you have about some else's fuck*ng avatar. Grow a pair and get off the rag. Whining about avatars? Seriously?

Wow.  You are correct Paul.  That reminds me of Slinks avatar on a subliminal level too.

You should take that as a compliment Spider-boy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1619 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:42 am »

Yeah, wow, someone's wearing his free market ##### a bit tight today.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 878   Go Up