Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349501 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1635 on: January 13, 2008, 09:43:09 pm »

I think the kindle is just silly. It uses a unique file format "AZW", It costs $400, You still have to buy the books, Its ugly. Youre paying 400 for a 256MB text file reader? What? Meanwhile an iphone, for the same price, will browse the internet, play movies and music, and check your email all in a sexy, color, touchscreen package.
What I would buy is a cheap version of this that would wirelessly download the newspaper every morning.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1636 on: January 13, 2008, 10:13:20 pm »

I would love to have a Kindle, if it weren't for the fact that probably 80% of the reading that I do, I do on this here forum.

The next major discretionary-spending technology purchase I'll probably make is an Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. But that'll be a year, maybe more, down the road. I would love a basic computer for playing (as opposed to working) on the net when I'm out of town, which is pretty much once every couple of weeks these days.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1637 on: January 13, 2008, 11:12:37 pm »

Also, watch Stop Making Sense on my computer at the same time as football.  It has been a while, greatest concert footage video of all time?  yes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1638 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:41 am »

Today I'm gonna feel all pleased with myself because a bunch of my friends were fighting over a painting I made last night at a party.  My creativity peaked, I'm gonna get up and make something awesome.  Then I'm gonna cop out and have the SO pick up burgers for dinner.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1639 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:14 am »

I think the kindle is just silly. It uses a unique file format "AZW", It costs $400, You still have to buy the books, Its ugly. Youre paying 400 for a 256MB text file reader? What? Meanwhile an iphone, for the same price, will browse the internet, play movies and music, and check your email all in a sexy, color, touchscreen package.
What I would buy is a cheap version of this that would wirelessly download the newspaper every morning.

I have no idea, but I would bet 100 $ you could read books on that shit too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1640 on: January 14, 2008, 02:51:15 am »

Update: SO was unwilling to pick up dinner (or leave the house) due to it being -33 F with the windchill.  Seems like a reasonable request to me.  So I slapped some pasta together.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1641 on: January 14, 2008, 03:38:26 am »

Today I'm gonna watch the Blu-Ray version of Ratatouille on my new Playstation 3. Oh, God. Such opulence.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1642 on: January 14, 2008, 04:40:48 am »

Today I finished knitting the ##### to match the sweater that I made to bring Hero home from the hospital in!  They have been hand-washed and are drying on top of my clothes dryer as we speak.  When they're dry, I have to add an elastic waistband and sew on a button, but I figure if I go into labor tonight I can always finish that up at the hospital. 

I have enough yarn left for a matching hat, too, but I'm saving that to work on in the waiting room at my very last OB appointment and will probably work it from the top down, leaving the last few inches unfinished, so that when she arrives I can custom-fit it to her head circumference. 

Or I'll get antsy and go ahead and do the whole thing and just hope it fits.  You know.  Whichever I get around to. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1643 on: January 14, 2008, 04:45:22 am »

Today, well . . . you know.


Ha ha, fuckers! Peyton, I hate to say this and it may seem harsh, but you can go ahead and eat a dick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1644 on: January 14, 2008, 04:51:47 am »

Tony Dungy is exactly the kind of religio-moralistic douchebag that should be kicked in the nuts endlessly, forever, just everyone alive gets a kick and then when we're all done, the children born while we were doing our kicking get their turns and so on, so...

Definitely, Tony Dungy, eat a dick.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1645 on: January 14, 2008, 05:50:27 am »

Today I posted in a thread advising inev about a class.  I also realized I do NOT have class again for a long time.

This made me really happy.  Then, I realized that all of my friends are getting drunk as shit right now (best day of the year to party) and I am sitting at my parents house reading.  Oh well, soon enough I will be with other friends in a better place, it is just I went from a high to a low in seconds over the same topic. 

Also today, I posted in the right fuck*ng thread.


Edit:  ...find out tv links is back at www.tv-links.cc

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:04:34 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1646 on: January 14, 2008, 10:36:27 am »

Edit:  ...find out tv links is back at www.tv-links.cc

Have any chance I have at being productive tonight torpedoed by Keith.
That fuck*ng guy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1647 on: January 14, 2008, 01:37:51 pm »

-33 F with the windchill.

OMG. Is that actually possible? If possible why isn't there a law against it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1648 on: January 14, 2008, 01:44:58 pm »

OK, I was so stunned by Smells' temperature that I forgot what I was going to post.  I meant to say...

Today I'm gonna interview someone for a story about pit bull adoptions that I'm writing and then try to write the damn thing.  While waiting for phone calls about two temporary animal keeping jobs that I might get, while trying not to feel like I'm in an intolerably distracting state of limbo.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1649 on: January 14, 2008, 02:15:48 pm »

um, today I'm gonna wake up, and be so unhappy about having to wake up 2 hours earlier this semester. Realize that this is the first time in my life I haven't felt bright eyed and bushy tailed on the first day of school...
then realize that I somehow fucked up setting my clock for central time, and it's 8 AM, not 9. That extra hour would have helped.

also, I have weird 2 hour gaps between classes. ew. at least this semester I'll have a convenient lunch break at lunch time, instead of late in the afternoon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 878   Go Up