Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350039 times)

0 Members and 152 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1680 on: January 16, 2008, 12:14:39 am »

I just realized what's wrong with my writing habits these days - not enough Oreos.

Maybe you can join the DSRL, along with Peyton and Eli.

I didn't think I could be surprised, but Jesus, that was horrible. Peyton just jumped the fence from shill to back-alley whore.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1681 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:11 am »

Today I had to come home sick from work. I need to get back in bed. I might have to call in sick tomorrow, too. Ugh. I hate this. Now I have to venture downstairs to refill my water bottle and get another cup of juice.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1682 on: January 16, 2008, 01:47:03 am »

Maybe you can join the DSRL, along with Peyton and Eli.

I didn't think I could be surprised, but Jesus, that was horrible. Peyton just jumped the fence from shill to back-alley whore.

I loved that Archie spends that commercial holding his face in his hands.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1683 on: January 16, 2008, 04:36:38 am »

Today I burned a shit ton of trees that fell down during the huge ice storm of the midwest you might have heard about.  They were the trees I was chopping with an axe last weekend.  Yesterday I recovered from a friday night of crushed up xanax in moonshine.  That was smart!  At least I got to see my friends, even if none of us remember it.

So, today I woke up at one-thirty, and went outside to do the things I was supposed to do today, such as give water to the dogs, give water to the hosss and winterize the outside faucets (it is supposed to snow tomorrow).  I was outside for about 20 minutes, arguing with that piece of shit faucet, when I looked and saw a huge fuck*ng fire coming from where I had burned earlier.  I drove down there in the farm truck to make sure my uncle wasn't burning, and it turns out there was a grass fire.  Then, I got to help firefighters and my uncle fight fires for about 4 hours and got on the news (from a helicopter).  The fire went up to two of the really bad areas of woods in the field but, thankfully and mysteriously, did not burn them.  According to the firefighters that would have been real bad.  Then I helped my uncle set up a hose from about 300 yards away because we have to keep watering it.  He was freaking out and his little golf cart thing made by john deere (not for sure what it is called but like a golf cart for work) almost fell into the dump that was still a little on fire because he forgot to set the brake.  I jumped in a stopped it.  At the end he gave me $40 (he would have had a huge fine if I would have done stuff wrong) and so that was good.  I argued with him and told him I was just going to buy dope with it, but he said he didn't care. 

I have to go down and water where it is still smoldering every couple hours.  I also ran three miles on the treadmill and watched the Trailer Park Boys with my dad.  I got that forty and plus a previous twenty, so I bought a 6-pack of Anchor Steam and am going to buy two of the finest grams of weed in oklahoma and some pills.  The thing about it was there was a huge fire in field for a long time and I was outside but didn't see it for like 15-20 min.  I thought that was pretty cool.


Also, re: Bukowski- most of Post Office was kind of bullshit or boring or whatever, but the last five pages where awesome.  Completely made the book worth it.  Seriously. 

I love the dudes poetry, but I don't know about the novels.  Tell me how you feel about the others A-CAP, I mean, if you want.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1684 on: January 16, 2008, 05:06:15 am »

Today, I managed to ding my car up against the tree near my parking space. Have I mentioned lately that I'm an idiot and my having a license is a fluke?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1685 on: January 16, 2008, 05:26:46 am »

today I spent 13 hours on the road. Moved into a crappy dorm room with a guy who definitely did not want a roommate, then transfered to a spot open in a friend's apartment. My dorm room is now a duplex with full kitchen and bath. A suitable study environment.
Also, eat asian dumplings at ruby tuesday and wreck my digestive track.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1686 on: January 16, 2008, 05:54:10 am »

Mega w00t for JL! Although for it to be a real thesis don't you have to stay up the final night agonising over every little detail before you submit. Kind of like a knightly vigil or something.

Well....I guess I didn't stay up *all* night...

but my kid went to bed three hours ago and I just submitted my paper to my adviser for his (hopefully final) review.  And the footnotes aren't formatted properly, so I have to go back and do that.  But the content is complete, as is the editing for style and clarity.  So!  Everything else is just gravy. 

And I'm ridin' the gravy train. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1687 on: January 16, 2008, 06:07:08 am »

Okie, how is it dry enough for grass fires after the hugeass ice storm you guys had a couple weeks ago?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1688 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:08 am »

No idea, but we are getting more ice tomorrow.  So that is good (I was being sarcastic but it is good as there is shit smoldering down there).  Also, there was still a huge pile of limbs sitting right by the dump, they did not burn, the fire circled them.  That means I still have to do more burning.

Also, looks like I bunch of us had eventful days, good luck A-CAP and JL.



Actually now that I think about it, it has been at least five weeks since that ice, so, I mean, Oklahoma dries really quickly.  We have had tornadoes since then.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1689 on: January 16, 2008, 01:14:43 pm »

Maybe you can join the DSRL, along with Peyton and Eli.

No, no, those newfangled double-stuffed oreos are all wrong!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1690 on: January 16, 2008, 01:37:50 pm »

No, no, those newfangled double-stuffed oreos are all wrong!

Man, now I have an insatiable craving for cookies! Damn you and your cookie discussion!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1691 on: January 16, 2008, 07:01:30 pm »

Man, now I have an insatiable craving for cookies! Damn you and your cookie discussion!
Every day, I pack two double-stuf mint oreos in my daughter's lunchbox.  The temptation is indescribable.  The (box? bag?) has so many!  Surely they can't really have half their calories from fat!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1692 on: January 16, 2008, 08:20:42 pm »

Keith, I have to say at this point that I have revised my take on you 50%. When I was indulging, if something like that had happened, I'd have been all "umm, you probably ought to know that everything's basically on fire" and I would have gone back to the bong and the double-stuft Oreos. Good for you for having any sort of drive at all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1693 on: January 16, 2008, 08:37:54 pm »

Keith, I have to say at this point that I have revised my take on you 50%. When I was indulging, if something like that had happened, I'd have been all "umm, you probably ought to know that everything's basically on fire" and I would have gone back to the bong and the double-stuft Oreos. Good for you for having any sort of drive at all.

Beautiful reference to multiple events in one thread. Also, 2,700 posts for me!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1694 on: January 16, 2008, 09:16:03 pm »

Keith, I have to say at this point that I have revised my take on you 50%. When I was indulging, if something like that had happened, I'd have been all "umm, you probably ought to know that everything's basically on fire" and I would have gone back to the bong and the double-stuft Oreos. Good for you for having any sort of drive at all.
This is true.  Hell, the drugs might be the only thing between us and a Keith Hernandez dictatorship.  All firefightin', three-mile runnin', Bukowski readin', hoss feedin' while living a Hunter S. Thompson-esque dosing schedule.  I barely made it 1/2 mile a couple days a week to maintain a D-average in my bud-burning days.  All that M*A*S*H to fold  and laundry to watch and hey, the Chili Peppers are going to be in Redding, so I'd better catch some z's for the road trip in 3 days.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 878   Go Up