Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348518 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2010 on: February 03, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »

Start drinking red hook beers when I wake up at 1pm. 4 hours till the Giants begin wrecking the Pats.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2011 on: February 03, 2008, 08:11:02 pm »

Work instead of watching the Super Bowl. Yay, me. Good thing I really don't care about it too much. I regret more that I won't be able to hang with friends.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2012 on: February 03, 2008, 08:12:36 pm »

I fuck*ng hate football, but it will be a nice opportunity to get to chill with friends and meet new people. Sorry you have to work, lprkn. Also, ennnwhy, that's a capital idea on the beers. Unfortunately mine are all packaged up and it would be a bit of a Hunt's move for me to show up to the party with a half-empty carton of Sunshine Wheat, so I'll have to wait until the 2PM party.

Also, the henna was a bit of a disappointment, but it always is the first time because it needs repeated applications to really achieve its full effect. I used LUSH's "Caca Noir" henna, which has indigo in it to make your hair a blue-black. Unfortunately, it takes repeated treatments to get the colour to build on the hair. So my hair is nicely conditioned and a tiny bit darker, but not as dark as it used to be. It will darken in time, however.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:17:20 pm by linnea »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2013 on: February 03, 2008, 08:41:17 pm »

hm. My roommates are all putting in hell of cash to get one of these pizzas and wings and sodas and stuff. And... quite frankly, I am rapidly going broke. I have some money coming my way from my parents which is supposed to cover any groceries or whatever for this month, but... I am trying to be better about eating cafeteria food and saving my money for other things, especially considering any balance left on my cafeteria account is lost at the end of the semester. Hm. I think I will put in money if I actually get to eat any of it... as it is, it might all be gone by the time I get back at 6:30.

At the same time, it is a hell of hunt's move to not put in money for food when everyone else is. I guess I will suck it up and be a good host/roommate.

In other news, my parents realized that they, too, have obligations the weekend we were supposed to go up to Boston. So now we're all going to go up the weekend of my spring break.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2014 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:22 pm »

Today I woke up early and put henna in my hair!

Mexican Lady:  Can you dye my hair henna color?

Shemp:  Henna color at all!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2015 on: February 03, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »

..clean out the gutters between rains squalls.  There was a waterfall coming over the edge this morning.  The roof in general seems to be deteriorating rapidly.  Putting up lights for Christmas 2006 was terrifying - with a hollywood-style slip and slide halfway down on the mossy, crumbly shakes.  All landing on my chest and scrabbling madly - breaking fingernails and making little gutteral noises about the impending 15' plunge to the concrete below.  This year I didn't even attempt it.  This from a guy who, at 38, still loves climbing trees.

I took a bunch of photographs of the state of things to hammer home the point to the landlord.  I've never lived in a house with a moss-carpet layer on the roof before.

Before:
  After:

Closeup of some quality shingle action:

Notice the tar paper visible in the center of the split shingle. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2016 on: February 03, 2008, 10:06:45 pm »

That's a very nice mossy roof. If you keep at it, maybe it'll eventually be as good as this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2017 on: February 03, 2008, 11:40:12 pm »

...try to convince the SO that no, small restaurants could not make a pile of money by staying open tonight and advertising that they won't have the Super Bowl on. She thinks that there are just millions of people around who don't want to be exposed to it at all and it's a demo that's just waiting to be catered to.

I think there are certainly a few people with her mindset but not enough to have any real impact. Most people are like Linnea, they'll go to a friend's house just to be social even if they barely look at the TV.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2018 on: February 03, 2008, 11:54:46 pm »

They're playing figure skating all night on ESPN for that demographic. And don't forget Puppy Bowl!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2019 on: February 04, 2008, 12:36:44 am »

Psh, figure skating. That's not a sport. Nothing that can't be judged objectively is a sport.


edit: that was like a quadruple negative
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:16:19 am by CortJstr »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2020 on: February 04, 2008, 01:23:00 am »

...today, I'm gonna build a time machine and put every dollar I can borrow on the under yesterday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2021 on: February 04, 2008, 01:47:47 am »

Psh, figure skating. That's not a sport.

Neither is Puppy Bowl, but they're both still ten thousand times more interesting than football.

Although I definitely should have arranged for people to come over my house bearing guacamole and chips. I admit that that was a mistake.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2022 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:54 am »

Stay up too late after watching the Super Bowl and eating chili.  Today's batch was scrumtrulescent.  I'm getting the hang of making the roux the right way, and thus thickening with tremendous flavor.

Also I used some home made chicken stock.

Tomorrow I will have gas.  There is serious fiber in there.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2023 on: February 04, 2008, 01:29:49 pm »

...have to start the thread for today's comic. I guess everyone else was up too late with Lister.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2024 on: February 04, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »

Debate whether it's worth going to hulu or some-such to see the ads from last night. Were they any good, party people?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 878   Go Up