My friend did something pretty dumb (swerved across lanes when she realized she was about to miss a turn) and we got hit by another car. This situation resolved itself in a way which was so simple as to be beautiful:
"oh my god, I am so sorry, that was completely my fault"
"it's OK, are you OK?"
"yes. is your car..."
"no, my car is fine. Is yours OK?"
"yes."
"*shakes her hand* well, I don't think we need to pursue this any further. y'all have a good night, now."
the concert was pretty bad, but the keyboard player from the headliner came up and started chatting my two friends up. He was so dorky that it was somewhere between hilarious and horrifying. After sitting at a table forever waiting for a good band to come on, we finally left. Overall, though, it was awesome, as those two girls are wonderful and we had a fun time.
Today, I'm gonna go see my friend in a play written and directed by a graduating senior as her senior thesis. Hopefully it will be good and enjoyable. Then, I am going to try to start outlining my ideas for a cognitive science paper. Um, as part of that, today i'm gonna realize that I have been a horrible student this semester, have taken something like 10 pages of notes total this whole month, and realize that it's all gonna bite me in the ass in the next 2 weeks.