get hired at a summer camp.
all summer. 1 day off per 2 or 3 week session. working all day every day. 12 year old boys. long hikes. no internet, no computer, no phone, no CDs. i will wake up at 7 every day, take a cold/lukewarm shower, eat cruddy cafeteria food, and then go on long hikes and teach kids about Nature in a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous area of the NC mountains. hell of Acoustic Guitar time. Hell of working with a bunch of hippies.
I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't get back to me until I had heard from the radio station I am trying to apply for an internship at. But my contact there was being all foot-draggy about telling me who I needed to talk to... I was about to just write an email to another person I know who works there today. But now they said I need to tell them yes or no within a week, and I don't have any other options lined up.
I just worry that... if I don't like it, it will be the worst thing ever, all summer.
on the other hand, if it is good, it will be SO GOOD. No girls to obsess about (although I'm sure I will start finding the hippy-girl-counselors pretty cute after a few weeks), getting in shape in a painful way, sleeping incredibly hard every night, teaching little kids the guitar, etc.