Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347890 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3075 on: July 18, 2008, 07:03:18 pm »

I think she's using "they" as the gender-neutral 3rd-person singular. Unless he meant to write "babies" earlier in the post.

Indeed - we're trying hard not to use the "default masculine" he. I'm sure there's a name for that, and at one point in college I knew what it was, but I can't think of it right now. The doctor mentioned "checking for a heartbeat, and to see how many there are" and my wife said "Don't EVEN go there."

I hope the first-trimester unpleasantness isn't giving her too much trouble.  And do let me know if there's anything you want or need.  We have gear from both kids that neither of them will be able to use before long, just begging for a good home to go to. 

We like free stuff! We have friends in Raleigh that we need to stop by and say hello to, perhaps we can arrange a side trip.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3076 on: July 18, 2008, 07:20:04 pm »

Also, buy my first cd in like 5 years; Camper Van Beethoven's Telephone Free Landslide Victory.

Sublime!
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3077 on: July 18, 2008, 07:44:43 pm »

Remember, they can't sell warm beer you bring back - they prefer you to bring your stash back empty. If that means you have to drink all the leftovers... well, you're doing it for the children.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3078 on: July 18, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »

Do it for the children, Ash!

Today I'm gonna think about how I have all my interviews done for my column that's due two weeks from now, and about how I have sooo much work to do in those two weeks and that a smart person would try to start writing it now... but it's 4 PM on a Friday in July and every time I open the file and try to type, the page swims before my eyes and an alarm in my brain goes "WOOO! WOOO! WEEKEND! WEEKEND!" and I can't get a dang thing accomplished.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3079 on: July 18, 2008, 08:57:21 pm »

I think that's Butthead.

Quote from: Butthead
Huh huh.  Uh huh huh.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3080 on: July 18, 2008, 09:41:34 pm »

wake up at 3:30 AM and hike 4 miles to see the sunrise from a gorgeous open-air church on top of a mountain.

The result: yeah, it came up. It kind of looks like when it goes down, but in reverse. I was underwhelmed.
also, I relearned and refrained from sharing with my fellow counselors, the following fact:
no matter how goddamn fast you make the kids hike up the mountain at 4 AM, the sun will not rise any sooner. If you make everyone go at a ridiculous pace for no goddamn reason, you will just have to sit there in the cold for an hour and a half waiting.
ARGH.

also, today one of the other counselors, while going around a circle talking about the session, told me that she was always impressed by my enthusiasm and general positive attitude. No one has ever accused me of having a positive attitude or enthusiasm before.

Also I am pretty sure I want to marry this 17 year old I work with, but that is not OK for several reasons. I am mostly joking.

I found out the other day that the majority of campers thought I was an assistant counselor, which confuses me considering they also thought I was really old due to my beard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3081 on: July 18, 2008, 10:37:20 pm »

We like free stuff! We have friends in Raleigh that we need to stop by and say hello to, perhaps we can arrange a side trip.

YES

Mini Ache-con!  Rock it! 

Pick a date and PM me.  Weekends are best. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3082 on: July 19, 2008, 12:21:29 am »

Also I am pretty sure I want to marry this 17 year old I work with, but that is not OK for several reasons. I am mostly joking.

The cougar would cause a scene?

When do you come back to Charlotte? Maybe you can come with us to Raleigh.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3083 on: July 19, 2008, 12:27:04 am »

I shaved my pussy for the first time. Lots of black hair all over the bathroom. I didn't go bald though, I was too afraid of catching a piece of skin in the razor.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3084 on: July 20, 2008, 05:09:35 pm »

Pictures, dang it!

Today I'm gonna have for lunch: iced tea, ginger limeade, black sesame pudding, and the last of a bag of these really great Trader Joe's potato chip-crisp-puff things.

There's something not right about that, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3085 on: July 20, 2008, 06:08:51 pm »

Maybe what's wrong is that a few hours after that lunch, you're going to go to the bathroom and... crap a yuppie?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3086 on: July 20, 2008, 06:23:35 pm »

No, that can't be it. The pudding was homemade. Isn't a yuppie a person who has an incredibly fancy kitchen that cost tens of thousands of dollars and doesn't know how to cook anything from scratch in it? You couldn't get a yuppie from homemade pudding, they wouldn't even know that you could make pudding from scratch.  Like when I was a kid and couldn't figure out how mayonnaisse was made - it seemed like there was no way you could put other things together and get mayonnaise out of them - it must be a fundamental element.

But just to be safe... I do have some macaroni and cheese in a box. That would cure that problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3087 on: July 20, 2008, 06:35:02 pm »

Update: Lunch has been retroactively amended to include a package of tuna giraffe. You know those flat foil packets they sell it in now? Speaking of yuppies, or something, this package advertises the wonderful feature that you do not have to drain the tuna giraffe.

What is the matter with this country? We have become too lazy to drain our own cans of tuna giraffe?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3088 on: July 20, 2008, 06:42:11 pm »

(lemonade - lemon + lime + ginger) + (pudding - chocolate/vanilla + a non-dessert flavour) + (anything from TJ's)

I'm sorry but that's an equation for a little yuppie in an ascot waving up to you before you flush.

I did not invent math, this is not on me, blame the Arabs for math.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3089 on: July 20, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »

(pudding - chocolate/vanilla + a non-dessert flavour)


Seriously? Is there a pudding trend? How could I have missed this? Is this one of those California things that we haven't caught up with yet?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 878   Go Up