Seriously? Is there a pudding trend? How could I have missed this? Is this one of those California things that we haven't caught up with yet?
oh my god, this is like my least favorite thing.
I buy a guitar amplifier because I think it is really awesome, and a guitar magazine talks about how hipsters love this guitar amplifier.
I dance the way my body wants to dance when there is rhythm and alcohol, and someone tells me that I am doing a hipster dance.
fuck that shit.
i left out the actually important parts of my today update:
I did a sweat lodge: awesome. It was so hot that I could hardly breathe. I did a prayer, which is a new thing for me.
I sat alone on a rock for 5 hours in the middle of a river: awesome. I wrote 15 pages of letters, realized what I want to do with my life, then decided I am dumb for thinking I could know that, then went back again.
I realized that once the 17 year old drinks and starts acting like a 17 year old she is no longer attractive: not awesome, but probably important.
my favorite person at this camp gave me a compliment and said that i'm funny, similar comment from my other favorite person (the two oldest staff members). This made me really happy about how I am doing.
I almost cried when my kids left today. I like this job so much. In 5 days I'll have 11 year olds again and I will not be as happy.
edit: 2 of my campers friended me on facebook and I'm not sure what I do about this.