maybe he won't put up a poster of him. But I know lots of people with DMB posters in their dorm rooms. Including some people who I like as people. I did not know it was so out of character for a college student with boring tastes.
My main plan is to just continue my joke-hobby of cutting the eyes out of models in Victoria's Secret catalogs, but this time without the other person being in on the fact that it's a joke.
Also, the thing is, all of our walls are already covered in appropriate amounts of posters which I specifically picked to avoid "this is just a nicer dorm room" being the impression we gave off. Not super-classy things, but... I don't know, I didn't put up my Nirvana posters for example.
But yeah, if he puts up something horrible, I am going to retaliate by taking down Lolita and putting up something mega-nerdy. I have a star trek poster at home that is pretty awesome.
There is also the possibility that he will be a nice roommate and just not a close friend, and that is fine I guess.
He is really into a few TV shows I like, and also Philip K Dick who I find enjoyable.
But I have heard that he is a weird kind of douche where... he is really into DMB and ultimate frisbee, but also trying to front like he's "well-read" in Lit classes with my friends.
The thing that scares me is that I only got that second hand, when I asked people straight-on they just kind of grimaced and said "oh, um, he seemed kind of... i'm sure it'll be fine."
I'm pretty put-off that they have still not informed me of this officially... I know he is moving in because my outgoing roommate got an email saying that his room will be occupied by this guy next semester. I am not sure why they need to inform him, and why they don't need to inform me.
Whatever. Good stories at the very least. It's only one semester.