Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344809 times)

0 Members and 127 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4185 on: January 17, 2009, 01:00:03 am »

...that is pretty badass.

Don't watch the scene from Royal Tenenbaums with "Needle in the Hay" in it before going on a date, daniel. Why would you listen to that song, you know it makes you feel like dying.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4186 on: January 17, 2009, 01:57:52 am »

There was an article on Slate yesterday addressing Facebook holdouts, and advising us to submit.

I dunno.  Still can't do it.

It interests me that the title this article offers to my browser is presented as a subtitle on the page itself.

Also: you can. You just don't want to. I think blurring the line between the two is probably best kept for more consequential things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4187 on: January 17, 2009, 03:05:00 am »

Date went... OK? I do not know what I think. We talked about Czech rock music, and how her brother-in-law is a Rock Star, and our roommates.
Now I am just anxious in general. Tomorrow at 6 AM I leave for Washington DC.

Is there anything I can mix Southern Comfort with to make it taste less like a diabetic coma?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4188 on: January 17, 2009, 04:29:20 am »

Southern Comfort mixes best with, and only with, grief.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4189 on: January 17, 2009, 04:48:58 am »

oh man, it is working out real well for me.

I have a real nice thing going on with myself and my guitar and distortion and soco and falling over a little bit.

the date went as well as anyone could expect, but the only outcome I see is a bad one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:53:06 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4190 on: January 17, 2009, 04:52:42 am »

Today I'm going to wake up at 1:30 and try to summon the will to clean the house after a night of quitting my job and white russians.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4191 on: January 17, 2009, 04:58:57 am »

Southern Comfort mixes best with, and only with, grief.

It works well with ginger ale too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4192 on: January 17, 2009, 05:47:04 am »

Date went... OK? I do not know what I think. We talked about Czech rock music, and how her brother-in-law is a Rock Star, and our roommates.
Now I am just anxious in general. Tomorrow at 6 AM I leave for Washington DC.

Is there anything I can mix Southern Comfort with to make it taste less like a diabetic coma?

How long will you be in the DC area?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4193 on: January 17, 2009, 07:40:11 am »

I get in tomorrow night, leaving Wednesday early in the morning.

there is some big event going on there... I don't know, my friends really want me to go.


figures that once I have a potential Thing going on, another random girl wants to smooch on me. I am really good at avoiding kisses, though. Don't you worry.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:52:01 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4194 on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:38 am »

I dressed up as a grill last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4195 on: January 17, 2009, 05:50:36 pm »

I get in tomorrow night, leaving Wednesday early in the morning.

there is some big event going on there... I don't know, my friends really want me to go.


figures that once I have a potential Thing going on, another random girl wants to smooch on me. I am really good at avoiding kisses, though. Don't you worry.

Do you guys actually have tickets to anything or are you going to try to see the parade? Are you staying in DC?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4196 on: January 17, 2009, 06:10:19 pm »

I dressed up as a grill last night.

I'm afraid this will require some explanation.  We have a form you can fill out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4197 on: January 17, 2009, 09:07:56 pm »

I get in tomorrow night, leaving Wednesday early in the morning.

there is some big event going on there... I don't know, my friends really want me to go.


figures that once I have a potential Thing going on, another random girl wants to smooch on me. I am really good at avoiding kisses, though. Don't you worry.

As much as it would be cool to meet Inev in person, ain't now way I'm going into the District between now and Wednesday.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4198 on: January 17, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »

I'm afraid this will require some explanation.  We have a form you can fill out.

I await it with interest.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4199 on: January 17, 2009, 11:11:24 pm »

Will be staying with friends in Alexandria. No tickets to anything. Just going for history and experience.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 878   Go Up