I have a lot of knowledge from sources like that.
Mostly about music, though.
And normally the source is "i got bored and looked it up on wikipedia."
but people are still like, freaked out.
"oh my god, how did you know that Radio Burn is named after a road-rash the lead singer got after a tragic Radio Flyer Wagon accident on the hill behind his house as a kid?"
"it is the first thing listed on their wikipedia page."
I guess I need to figure out that other people, even if they are really into something, do not read about it.
I read about things BEFORE I'm into them. It's my nature.
Also, I am listening to this Mix CD put out by
this guy in 2004, and EVERY GODDAMN SONG is a song my roommate plays when he DJs parties and drives the ladies into a frenzy.
So I guess the lesson for the night is:
as long as no one knows your sources, you can impress people with your knowledge stolen from something they haven't thought to check out.