Time change+going to bed early + our place has no AC so the window was open so every damn person who walked by talking woke me up all night = awake at 6 AM.
The place we are staying is... like a weird future utopian socialist dream building.
Weird rules about what we can and cannot do, all meals provided, there is a bar inside with wonderful drinks, tiny spartan room, uncomfortable futuristic furniture, creepy inspirational posters everywhere, cultural/recreational events staged in awkward spaces (cafeteria becomes a disco on saturdays??)
Also, there are british children everywhere. If they are this loud tomorrow night my Camp Counselor persona will come out.
Or else, I will yell at them in a fake language or with a fake scary accent. What accent is scariest to British schoolchildren?
Evidence against it being a socialist utopia: everything is really goddamn expensive.
So far I have been lost in the airport, wandered around Paris for 5 hours, had a professor buy me beer, had meetings, and slept. I think Paris is my favorite place ever, and not only because every girl here is pretty. I'm sure paying this much for everything will start to wear on me soon... but so far it is all fun.
Got lost and wandered into the Sorbonne, saw the eiffel tower over the horizon, the pantheon, lots of french people everywhere. I need to buy some kind of small bag so that I don't have to have passport/phone/wallet/keys/phrasebook/map/metro-map/change/notebook/pen in my pockets at all times. Obviously the wallet and phone and passport need to stay close to my body, but the notebooks and map and stuff are TOO MUCH.