Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342678 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4875 on: July 13, 2009, 10:46:24 pm »

awesome.

Today I realized that I threw away my fortune.

The Magic '08 Ball. Shake it, and no matter what it comes up "Yes We Can."

TELL ME THAT WOULDN'T HAVE MADE A BILLION DOLLARS.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4876 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:28 am »

Shit, 2 billion at least.

Maybe some later versions that also pop up 'Hope' and 'Change'

OH and you could colour code is like his circular logo thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4877 on: July 14, 2009, 05:38:53 am »

It's California, Man, the utter awesomeness of California is creating sympathetic vibrations in your brain on the frequency range of 1.7 times greater alcohol impact. If you gutted it up and came to the truly awesome Southern California you'd get those rad 3.2 great impact than baseline vibrations we got down here.

Either way, as you get used to the utter daddy-mack-itudinous of the Cali experience your brain will phase shift in to adjust to the awesome level input and allow the sympathetic vibratory throughput to achieve a new baseline marker and achieve equilibrium. Then you can pass your days seeing the sunshine of total rad.

It's why we are all sunglass wearing beautiful people, y'know. Stick around, it rubs off.

false
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4878 on: July 14, 2009, 05:41:49 am »

Quote
Today: reflect on the fact that I have created mega drama in my trip-group by not wanting to smooch a person who is obviously issue-having.
Somehow the scene where she started screaming at me in the middle of the street, accused me of stealing her money, etc. only confirmed that my decision was correct.

Oh my GOD how did I manage to forget this wise decision so quickly. Shit shit.

wait a sec does this mean inev got some makeouts
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4879 on: July 14, 2009, 06:40:48 am »

Quote
wait a sec does this mean inev got some makeouts

to a point, yes.

a very frustrating point.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4880 on: July 14, 2009, 06:49:08 am »

Oh, he'll get make-outs. That's the true comic beauty of The 'Nev.

Any guy can end up not having sex with a girl who shows no interest in him.

Christ, I invented that when I was 16. I got a patent and everything.

But if a girl is grinding her 'giner against your leg with only a thin layer of denim betwixt her pink secret and your kneecap and you can STILL rationalize out a scenario wherein this could be completely platonic and you shouldn't make the next move because you might be misinterpreting her signals and "ruin the friendship"... THAT is our Danevitable.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4881 on: July 14, 2009, 02:42:57 pm »

It works for the rest of us, Choop. You poor kabobs from the dirty south just have a reversed sympathetic vibration interpolater from spending too much time in Dixon rather than Mason. It gives you an opposite effect similar to having raw lemon rubbed in the eyes constantly while monkey-monkey beats the i-don't-wanna-work rumba on the medulla oblongata.

And you lose your sense of taste.

Some can adapt and see the sunshine but apparently you're too far down the *hyuck* tube continuum. I do congratulate you on surviving it this long, dealing with the misery of the reversed awesomeness love is pure dickens on folk.

See.  He is my evil twin.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4882 on: July 15, 2009, 03:17:51 pm »

...celebrate my birthday by getting up at 4:30 AM for work, and maybe do something exciting later like get quotes on asbestos remediation and interior painting!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4883 on: July 15, 2009, 11:56:52 pm »

We're supposed to write these reading responses for one of my classes. I have been kind of embarrassed by mine so far, as they are not up to the level of the grad students who make up most of the class...

At the same time, there was something familiar about my professor's name. I never bothered to look it up, because I am dumb. Just now she sent me an email saying "in regards to your comments, you might want to read this paper of mine..." with a link to one of my favorite papers ever, the kind of thing I bring up in everyday conversation. "The Whiteness of Nerds: Superstandard English and Racial Markedness" is like, my favorite.

Is it inappropriate to tell her that I wrote a line from her paper on the wall of the radio station? Probably?

Quote
"At the time of the study, Claire was deliberately trying to become "cooler," mainly by smoking marijuana, while retaining her commitment to nerdy ideals like intelligence."

Yeah, I think that might come across as too fanboyish. Right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4884 on: July 16, 2009, 02:22:28 am »

Are there really people who actually smoke pot to be cool?

As an artifical act of cred building?

I mean, I have not been a frequent pot user in a long long time but... I never once did it to be cool.

Generally, to get high, y'know.

Subsets of this were "to get high to feel good" "to get high to fall asleep" "to get high because I was bored" "to get high to write new Conan O'Brien skits in crayon" "to get high to do air guitar duels to Pink Floyd's Money" but...

Frankly, if weed is ever legalized, it should be made a crime to waste marijuana on someone who is only smoking to posture.

Holy crap.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4885 on: July 16, 2009, 04:32:20 am »

Quote
Are there really people who actually smoke pot to be cool?

As an artifical act of cred building?

Sometimes people do things for more than one reason. Have you not encountered this before?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4886 on: July 16, 2009, 05:14:00 am »

Wait... so ... someone might do it because they're both... bored AND want to write a Conan piece in crayon?

I think I have a lot of growing up to do.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4887 on: July 16, 2009, 06:19:07 am »

Well, like, it's not as though I'm saying you can't smoke weed for multiple reasons.

You might well both have a medical condition that requires an appettite boost AND want to improve your enjoyment of a Mister Rogers re-run.

I'm just saying... doing something like radically altering your perceptions of reality just in an attempt to build cred.

I don't know.

I thought people only did that in commericals that are supposed to scare children but actually makes the children cynical about the topic in a manner that makes them want to do the thing more.

I'm not saying, of course, that I haven't postured here or there in my life but, man, not so very radically.

To impress women, sure. But cred? I dunno. I guess my sense of the marginal utility of cred is rather low.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4888 on: July 16, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »

We pulled what we could reach going shoulder deep in his anus to get the hard poop out, then we ran a nasal line to his stomach and pumped warm water and mineral spirits in to rehydrate him and get the gut moving.

The things we're willing to do when we're charged with someone's care.  Hope your hoss is well.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4889 on: July 16, 2009, 04:50:41 pm »

Hang out and shoot the shit with Steve Gorman and Chris Robinson.  And clap and holler like a maniac for Levon Helm.

OK, that was yesterday.  Today I'm just riding out the afternoon in my cube.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 878   Go Up